First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ranger Supercab (sold 12/19) , 2002 Honda CR-V
Occupation
Retired Firefighter III, Honolulu Fire Department
I had a 2wd 1995 Ranger... the tailgate position was fine for me too.

But with this 4x4, this is the wife's new winter-beater & family hauler.... not for me.

They [not me] seem to struggle with the higher & wider than normal pivot point....

Also I maybe disassembling the rear bumper and breaking-out the reciprocating-saw to trim the upper half of the plastic piece.
Plus lowering the license plate about a 1/4 or 3/8 of inch [drilling/tapping new threads].

The tailgate in general is way too close to the bumper trim & license plate. IF it's caked with snow or ice, the tailgate-bottom will definitely rub- scratching the paint & causing rust to form.
No matter how many times I remind my family to wipe the snow & ice off before lowering the tailgate... I still see them lowering it without care.
Indeed, I cannot fathom why Ford would design it the way they did, all that's needed is some sort of relief cut in the plastic piece. As it is now, there is probably 2 mm clearance, I can see where it would be an issue in your climate.

I discovered this when I once lowered the gate with the dealers license plate frame installed, needless to say, that frame wound up in the trash.

I'm not relishing the thought of taking a Sawzall to it just yet, perhaps in a couple of years though.
Sponsored

Station18Ranger

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT 2WD
Occupation
Law Enforcement
Can anybody help me out? I can't figure out how to use my FordPass Rewards. I'm in Southern California.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Can anybody help me out? I can't figure out how to use my FordPass Rewards. I'm in Southern California.

Unfortunately you can't use your FP points for online purchases. You'll have to go to your dealer and they'll be able to place your order and apply your points towards it.

Terry Judkins

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT and 1985 Ford Ranger XLT
Your link isn't working. Says the website is gone. Can you post or PM me the link again please? Thanks in advance!
Guess DeeZee is offline perhaps shut down for being 'nonessential'. I have not received the damper I ordered even though the charge to my CC has processed.

GrandpaD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Magnetic Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Retired
I purchased this on eBay from a Ford dealer for $49 and free shipping. My local dealer couldn't find them.

quangdog

First Name
Kimball
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
I received my damper direct from DeeZee today. Have not installed it yet, as I'm getting the bedliner sprayed in tomorrow. Plan to install the damper later this week.

Racket

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat Supercrew 2WD
Occupation
Transient
Just ordered mine.

quangdog

First Name
Kimball
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
I installed mine last night. Made a little video of the installation process - it's VERY easy. Here's a quick peek at how it looks in action:

Aliby

First Name
Alistair
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew Lariat FX4, Tow package, Magnet with Black Sports package
What paint did you use? Looks great!
VHT Roll Bar & Chassis (high temperature)
I used black gloss enamel.

Once clean, it is a three layer process to be complete in 10 minute intervals. Then, most importantly, to let it cure for a good 24 hours before attaching to allow the enamel to garden. I was glad with the outcome too.

The black matte Rust-Oleum in the photo is what I use on any threads or holes I have cut.
20200411_161608.jpg
Sponsored