First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Wow, thanks for the detailed response, it looks easy, thought you'd have to unscrew it from a bracket every time....I also suspected that AMP made the Ford accessory....A shopping we will go (again)...
Yes the Ford extender is made by AMP. If you do a search there are a few accessory companies selling these. If you still have any FordPass Points you can use them towards this.
Sponsored

quangdog

First Name
Kimball
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
Yes the Ford extender is made by AMP. If you do a search there are a few accessory companies selling these. If you still have any FordPass Points you can use them towards this.
I've got a swing case on the passenger side of my truck. I assume it would interfere with a bed extender like this, right?

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I've got a swing case on the passenger side of my truck. I assume it would interfere with a bed extender like this, right?
I was going to get a left side swing case but it looks like the sides of the extender will be in the way. I need the extender more than the swing case so it wasn't a big deal. If your'e just going to use it just as an extender and not swinging it into the bed it should probably work. I leave mine swung inside so for me it didn't work out.

quangdog

First Name
Kimball
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
I was going to get a left side swing case but it looks like the sides of the extender will be in the way. I need the extender more than the swing case so it wasn't a big deal. If your'e just going to use it just as an extender and not swinging it into the bed it should probably work. I leave mine swung inside so for me it didn't work out.
I'd want it to stay swung inside most of the time (hold groceries in place, etc) but have had a few occasions when picking up lumber this past week when a bed extender would have been pretty useful in the flipped out position. I use my swing case all the time though (holds my gloves, tie downs, tow straps, jumpers, etc) so I'd ideally need to be able to use both. I wonder if I could fabricate an extension to the passenger side mount plate for the bed extender to have it sit out away from the edge enough to clear the swing case. Some research is in order!

USC71

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT sport
Occupation
Water Utility
Anyone have a problem with a groaning sound when lowering the tailgate? Never had it before and now it’s making that noise. Could it be the actual cylinder? Any input is greatly appreciated

USC71

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT sport
Occupation
Water Utility
Ended up being the rubber grommet on the tailgate making the noise. Should’ve listened better

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Anyone have a problem with a groaning sound when lowering the tailgate? Never had it before and now it’s making that noise. Could it be the actual cylinder? Any input is greatly appreciated
I had that happen a while back after it had rained here. It sounded like an ol barn door closing so I gave the damper a shot of spray lube and nothing, still making the noise. Next I hit both the tailgate hinges and it took it right away and never heard it again until the next time it rained. Gave it another shot and it's been good since. Give that a try and it should take it away.

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I had that happen a while back after it had rained here. It sounded like an ol barn door closing so I gave the damper a shot of spray lube and nothing, still making the noise. Next I hit both the tailgate hinges and it took it right away and never heard it again until the next time it rained. Gave it another shot and it's been good since. Give that a try and it should take it away.
Hi Dave,

Monsoons hit here. We got a direct hit with a lightening bolt on the corner of the garage. My whole house surge protector did its job...saved our electrical system. It did not have to sacrifice itself and is still up and running.... Best $125 I have ever spent. Wife opened the front door to the blue arc and the ear splitting crack. Though the front of the house was a goner. So far so good.....

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

USC71

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT sport
Occupation
Water Utility
Thank you. I did the same thing and it ended up being that rubber grommet where the tailgate connects. Thanks again for your help

daniel3507

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4
Anyone else having trouble getting one of these from Deezee? I ordered one from Stage 3 two months ago when they were in backorder. It finally shipped but was lost in transit by ups. Now it'll be another 4-6 weeks.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Anyone else having trouble getting one of these from Deezee? I ordered one from Stage 3 two months ago when they were in backorder. It finally shipped but was lost in transit by ups. Now it'll be another 4-6 weeks.
You can get one here, they're in stock. Use code WELCOME at checkout and you get FREE shipping. For some reason it says it doesn't fit your vehicle when you put in the info but it does. It's the exact same part number as the one I bought directly from Ford and even the comments say they they used it on their Rangers.

Here's mine that came from Ford with the same part number.

IMG_1640.jpg

IMG_1639.jpg

Iandw

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Physicist
Thank you. I did the same thing and it ended up being that rubber grommet where the tailgate connects. Thanks again for your help
Same horrible noise happened to me, also caused by the little rubber grommet. I feel like it might have been caused by a slight misalignment of the tailgate when I installed the mounting bracket. A little shot of lubricant on the hinge stopped the noise.

TVRangerSTX

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Supercab XLT; 1969 Mercury Cougar convertible; Honda 500XL
Occupation
Bethlehem Steel/Self-Employed Metallurgist
When I open my tailgate, as it slowly drops, it groans! I wondered if it was the rubber bushing in the hinge too. But closer inspection showed it was the bottom edge of the tailgate hitting my license plate frame and bowing the plastic bumper trim in. This is worrisome, I'm sure it will eventually rub the paint off at those 2 spots hi-lited in yellow. Hate to remove the frame, but guess I'll have to, and see it it clears. Anyone else have a license plate frame do this?

Same horrible noise happened to me, also caused by the little rubber grommet. I feel like it might have been caused by a slight misalignment of the tailgate when I installed the mounting bracket. A little shot of lubricant on the hinge stopped the noise.
20200816_100222.jpg

OP
OP
DHMag

DHMag

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Crew cab, 22 Wrangler Willys
When I open my tailgate, as it slowly drops, it groans! I wondered if it was the rubber bushing in the hinge too. But closer inspection showed it was the bottom edge of the tailgate hitting my license plate frame and bowing the plastic bumper trim in. This is worrisome, I'm sure it will eventually rub the paint off at those 2 spots hi-lited in yellow. Hate to remove the frame, but guess I'll have to, and see it it clears. Anyone else have a license plate frame do this?

20200816_100222.jpg
It's an issue with all of those who use frames. I believe some have relocated the plate about 1" lower to alleviate the rubbing.

Mighty_J

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat
I'd want it to stay swung inside most of the time (hold groceries in place, etc) but have had a few occasions when picking up lumber this past week when a bed extender would have been pretty useful in the flipped out position. I use my swing case all the time though (holds my gloves, tie downs, tow straps, jumpers, etc) so I'd ideally need to be able to use both. I wonder if I could fabricate an extension to the passenger side mount plate for the bed extender to have it sit out away from the edge enough to clear the swing case. Some research is in order!
Hey! New here and just joined the forum! I’ve got a 2020 Lariat with the FX4 package. When I bought the truck in October, they threw in a bed extender that didn’t show up until 2 days ago. Before that though, I installed a swing case on the driver’s side and I love it! I picked up the bed extender obviously it didn’t fit. I’ve seen some posts on here about not being able to have both, so I thought I’d see if I could come up with a solution.

I’ve Now got a swing case that I can still swing to open (doesn’t swing all the way, but enough), plus the bed extender that can flip in and out.

here’s some shots...

If anyone is interested, I could do a write up of how I did it. Didn’t have to cut the bed extender at all.

B5A573C4-ED4A-4610-8586-6EAE9A4F6058.jpeg

1926EC55-FFBD-40AD-95A1-AB90B05101BF.jpeg

9A5F1594-7737-49BB-B9FB-1EF7C4FE7444.jpeg

E36CC2B2-795B-44F4-B447-095B65732099.jpeg
Sponsored