First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Information Technology
I have the same kit. Does anyone have issues with it popping off every so often? Mine doesn't want to stay attached at the body side. My install looks like every other one on this thread. ?

15873357040952368962226084804408.jpg
Sponsored

Scrou7

First Name
Sylvain
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Manager
I installed mine last night. Made a little video of the installation process - it's VERY easy. Here's a quick peek at how it looks in action:

Installed mine this week-end. Litterally les than 10 minutes to install. Works great.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I have the same kit. Does anyone have issues with it popping off every so often? Mine doesn't want to stay attached at the body side. My install looks like every other one on this thread. ?

I never had a problem but make sure your tailgate strap isn't getting stuck behind the damper and popping it off. I put a velcro tie around mine (thanks to @The Long Ranger ) and some black electrical tape at the bottom to hold it in place. This way it doesn't get pinched behind the damper.

Velcro:Tailgate Strap.jpg

OxyGenIII

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus ST maybe Ranger in a couple days.

Your upper bracket looks too far rearward (towards the tailgate). That bracket should straight up and down. Loosen it and shift it back toward the bed of the truck until its centered and vertical.

Aliby

First Name
Alistair
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew Lariat FX4, Tow package, Magnet with Black Sports package
Does anyone have issues with it popping off every so often? Mine doesn't want to stay attached at the body side
Help contain the strap like @AzScorpion suggested so it does not pretty it out.

Then like @OxyGenIII noticed you need to straighten and tighten your top bracket, so that it stops the cylinder at the back of the tailgate space. If it keeps slipping you may needed to add a gasket (see quote below) or an adhesive bond backing (use contact adhesive, but just let it dry so it creates a rubber film on the back on the bracket). Some have added adhesive sanding paper behind the bracket ... probably works, but having epoxy painted mine black I did not go that route.

See:
had some 1/16" rubber gasket material laying around and made a gasket to go behind it, helping it to stay straight. It gives the plate something to grab, not just the truck. Plus it helps to protect the paint.

lawrench

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat SCrew FX4 Lightning Blue
Vehicle Showcase
I got mine from Accessories.Ford.Com, it is the same as DeeZee, and it was easy to install and I have not had an issue with it since it was installed. My wife kept dropping the tailgate, so it was a "No Brainer" for me.

Yellowtoy

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019. Ranger Wildtrack
Occupation
Crane Operator
Do you guys not have this standard?
We have like a torsion bar on our tailgates to help lift and close..

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCab XL - FX4 - Magnetic - Rocksliders
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired

image.jpeg

image.jpeg
Nothing like that on US made Rangers..

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase

image.jpeg

image.jpeg
Hi John,

Is your tailgate steel or aluminum. North American Ranger is aluminum and may be why we do not have a torsion bar assist.

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

Yellowtoy

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019. Ranger Wildtrack
Occupation
Crane Operator
Hi Phil.

They are a steel tailgate..
really makes a difference in opening and closing, more so in the closing, light and easy..

Colin Stuffmann

First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
Your upper bracket looks too far rearward (towards the tailgate). That bracket should straight up and down. Loosen it and shift it back toward the bed of the truck until its centered and vertical.
Hey with your dampener, does it stop the tailgate from bouncing? When I have my mtb bikes in the back the tailgate is down and every bump I hear the tailgate bouncing. Thanks

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Hey with your dampener, does it stop the tailgate from bouncing? When I have my mtb bikes in the back the tailgate is down and every bump I hear the tailgate bouncing. Thanks
Yes it does. I have a bed extender and use it several times a week with a 6' ladder back there and never hear the tailgate bounce.

TVRangerSTX

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Supercab XLT; 1969 Mercury Cougar convertible; Honda 500XL
Occupation
Bethlehem Steel/Self-Employed Metallurgist
Yes it does. I have a bed extender and use it several times a week with a 6' ladder back there and never hear the tailgate bounce.
AzScorpion, do you find your bed extender sometimes gets in the way, and if so, do you remove it often? Is it a pain to remove for that one job? Thinking about getting one. Thnx.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
AzScorpion, do you find your bed extender sometimes gets in the way, and if so, do you remove it often? Is it a pain to remove for that one job? Thinking about getting one. Thnx.
They're very easy to remove you just swing it up at an angle and it pulls right off. There's a notch in the bracket where it allows it to pull off. If it's extended in or out it can't come off. For me it never gets in the way. I usually leave mine flipped inside the bed so that way if I have smaller things to put back there it corrals it and keeps stuff from flying all over the bed.

The one I have is from my Tacoma which worked but I had to drill 3 holes to mount the side brackets. The ones for the Ranger have a mounting plate which attaches to the holes already on the sides so it's super easy to install.

IMG_2479.jpg

IMG_2480.jpg

Here's a instal video for the Ranger bed extender and you cans see how easy it is to install.

TVRangerSTX

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Supercab XLT; 1969 Mercury Cougar convertible; Honda 500XL
Occupation
Bethlehem Steel/Self-Employed Metallurgist
They're very easy to remove you just swing it up at an angle and it pulls right off. There's a notch in the bracket where it allows it to pull off. If it's extended in or out it can't come off. For me it never gets in the way. I usually leave mine flipped inside the bed so that way if I have smaller things to put back there it corrals it and keeps stuff from flying all over the bed.

The one I have is from my Tacoma which worked but I had to drill 3 holes to mount the side brackets. The ones for the Ranger have a mounting plate which attaches to the holes already on the sides so it's super easy to install.

IMG_2479.jpg

IMG_2480.jpg

Here's a instal video for the Ranger bed extender and you cans see how easy it is to install.

Wow, thanks for the detailed response, it looks easy, thought you'd have to unscrew it from a bracket every time....I also suspected that AMP made the Ford accessory....A shopping we will go (again)...
Sponsored