Not a Ranger, but dealer pricing games info.

OP
OP
Friday yet?

Friday yet?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Tremor, Focus ST
Occupation
Corporate drone. Dilbert's world is alive & well.

Jhbryaniv

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger Tremor
Vehicle Showcase

BaldHog1951

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota Highlander, 2022 Ford Ranger Supercab,
Occupation
Retired
I bought mine at Dalton Ford in GA. Seem to be a good bunch. Even let me use XPlan since I was ordering it. Only dealer I found that would still do XPlan in this market. He said if you buy off the lot it is MSRP. No discounts. Which in today's world seems very fair.
I ordered my 2022 from Ford of Dalton as well. Only dealer in the area that wasn’t inflating prices well above MSRP. They also honored my preorder discount, my coupon from Ford, and gave me a 0.9% interest rate.

LostMy65

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
A local credit union here is offering 10 year loans for the denalis platinums and the like.....
Hopefully if they find themselves horribly in debt because the vehicle is worth thousands less than they borrowed on it, the government (taxpayers) can bail them out like all the college students that didn't count the costs.

Jhbryaniv

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger Tremor
Vehicle Showcase

Deleted member 15875

Ask yourself a few questions: Why do you think Ford adopted their new marketing strategy? As in, two separate companies within a company—Electrics and ICEs? And while they were at it, revised the buying process with respect to dealer Market Adjustments?

If you want an example of Market Adjustment idiocy, visit one of the Ford dealers in Albuquerque. How about a $25,000 Market Adjustment on still unsold 2021 Mustang GT500?
This has nothing to do with Ford. All of them do it, same for motorcycles.

Apples

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Retired
Wouldn't it be nice, if we could tell our employers, this is what you'll pay me, as in no ifs ands or buts! That just isn't going to happen, but price gouging certainly will remain. However, contrary to popular belief, not all dealers do this.

To be sure, Ford's efforts to eliminate dealer gouging, won't keep it from happening (think trade in value degrading!). Nonetheless, it will make a dent which will benefit the majority, in the long run.

Jason B

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XL STX SE 4x2
Occupation
machinist
Remember, there is a dealer member here, Granger Ford, that will sell one to you for 3% under invoice.

Hopefully if they find themselves horribly in debt because the vehicle is worth thousands less than they borrowed on it, the government (taxpayers) can bail them out like all the college students that didn't count the costs.
Or bailout a billion-dollar company that builds and sells cars for $50K plus but can't balance the books.
Sponsored