Comparing Ranger Pricing to Tacoma and Colorado

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
I'm glad they didn't have that early February, I might not have been able to resist a 2019 ZR2. I already paid far more than a Z71 would have cost, I'm hoping it makes up for the difference in fuel, and reliability...

EDIT: I read it only applies to current GM owners and Lessee's which I am neither. So They would need to up their game if they plan to turn anyone from another brand...
Sponsored

John62

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Colorado
Well I was doing some price comparing between Ranger Tacoma and Colorado base trucks with extended cab like Ranger and this is how it looks. Colorado has destination charges included Ranger and Tacoma do not

2WD
Ranger $24300
Tacoma $25400
Colorado $21495

4WD
Ranger $28460
Tacoma $30250
Colorado $29595
Just curious, what 4WD Ranger model goes for 28,460?

I got a 2018 Colorado XL 4WD around 29,220 out the door but always had Ranger's. Did look in 1 dealer lot I go past, which only had XLT's and Lariats which stickered way more, so was curious what Ranger model is closest to the Colorado XL model, so I can compare? Thanks

John62

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Colorado

I got a 2018 Colorado XL 4WD around 29,220 out the door but always had Ranger's. Did look in 1 dealer lot I go past, which only had XLT's and Lariats which stickered way more, so was curious what Ranger model is closest to the Colorado XL model, so I can compare? Thanks
I answered my own question as I went to build site, looks like an XL with the STX package is what I was looking for as a comparable package to what I have.

Hounddog409

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Vehicle Showcase

I paid 29,000, before trade or down payment, for my 2019 Super cab STX 4x4 - with locking rear, sliding rear window, tow package, and mudflaps. 7500 lbs towing. and 310 lb ft of torque.

I get xplan for both ford and GM. The ranger was a far better deal. Plus that whole GM tranny thing.

OP
OP
EcoRanger

EcoRanger

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 301A SuperCrew 4X4 2015 Ecoboost Mustang 50 Year Appereance Package convertible
Vehicle Showcase

That info is old prices may have went up sense I posted that.

BDUb

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XL 4x4, Magnetic
Vehicle Showcase
Hey, guys just bought my Ranger last weekend and I love it! I too was in the same boat thinking "how can I get a truck that's a 4 cylinder?" Seemed counter-intuitive. In a full-size truck, I had the same idea that you shouldn't buy a full size without a V8 or bigger gas engine. Then I drove an F150 with the 3.5 EcoBoost. That thing has more power and torque than the V8's in most other trucks and outperforms them. I was then hooked on the technology and decided a Ranger it is as I can't afford the larger truck. This inline 4 cylinder moves, It has plenty of torque and good HP and at no time does it feel like its laboring to pull the truck. I can't say the same for the Tacoma I test drove, that thing felt like it weighed in at 10k by the way the motor struggled in comparison. The old saying there is no replacement for displacement is just that...old and outdated.
Sponsored