Not a Ranger, but dealer pricing games info.

LoneRNGR

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Remember, there is a dealer member here, Granger Ford, that will sell one to you for 3% under invoice.
So, as you can see below, Granger Ford does not have any Rangers in stock. The only one on their website is one that is "Dealer Ordered." which means that if you buy it, you can expect it in February or March, that is if it hasn't already been purchased. If it makes it to their lot unsold, they will add dealer installed options. And I don't know what the invoice price on this particular vehicle is, but it is 6.89% off of MSRP.
Screenshot 2022-12-10 at 05-24-46 Ford Vehicle Inventory - Des Moines Ford dealer in Granger I...png
Sponsored

Jhbryaniv

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger Tremor
Vehicle Showcase
Dealer had a gorgeous AGM Bronco raptor they just sold when I picked uo my truck last night...

Listed for ~50k over sticker. Sold for 40k over sticker....

My sales guy said that he's not the biggest fan of it, but people keep paying it, so they keep marking them up.
PXL_20221209_232128339.jpg
PXL_20221209_232133956.jpg

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Dealer had a gorgeous AGM Bronco raptor they just sold when I picked uo my truck last night...

My sales guy said that he's not the biggest fan of it, but people keep paying it, so they keep marking them up.
??

A Fool.jpg

Jhbryaniv

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger Tremor
Vehicle Showcase
Exactly!who do I have to talk to about adding an emoji to the reactions button?

Ie the bullseye - for posts like this where you've hit the nail on the head.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Exactly!who do I have to talk to about adding an emoji to the reactions button?

Ie the bullseye - for posts like this where you've hit the nail on the head.
IDK but I always wanted to add the puke emoji to the reaction tab. :puke: :giggle:

Jhbryaniv

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger Tremor
Vehicle Showcase
IDK but I always wanted to add the puke emoji to the reaction tab. :puke: :giggle:
I'm on another forum that uses xenforo and they have a few more smileys... Thanks, bullseye are the two I think have good value added.
Screenshot_20221210-091513.png

Bsthroop

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat 4x2 Sport
Occupation
Broadband/ Microwave Engineer
The problem that dealers capitalize on is that people "have to have" a certain vehicle and are afraid to walk away. I always have my requirements determined when I start looking and only focus on must have. When I purchased Rusty a few months ago I looked at several that sold before I got there and a few weeks later I found the one I have now. When we started negotiating the offer was $15k higher than I was willing to pay. It took a bit of time but I got the price I wanted and completed the deal. I have walked away from more than I have completed, but the sport is in the hunt.

AzureRanger

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Jeep TJ
Occupation
Retired

Gorgeous paint, yes.....but, those fender flairs are hideous.

Jhbryaniv

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger Tremor
Vehicle Showcase
Gorgeous paint, yes.....but, those fender flairs are hideous.
I wouldn't say no if someone gave it to me because of the fender flares. LOL

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Mail Carrier (retired) Navy Vet
I just quit a job delivering parts for a dealership. I asked one of the sales guys how many vehicles they sell compared to pre-covid sales an he said well under half the volume. The Mazda lot they own is probably a quarter. I don't think it's unreasonable to try to make a little more since they are very limited on the number of sales but overhead for the building an stuff is the same. Some of the numbers I'm seeing on this thread is CRAZY. IMO $500 additional on a lower end car isn't out of line. If I were car shopping an seeing these numbers I'd be shopping for a beater on craigslist until things calmed down or I found a reasonable deal.

Good luck to anyone that needs a car NOW.

Jhbryaniv

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger Tremor
Vehicle Showcase
I just quit a job delivering parts for a dealership. I asked one of the sales guys how many vehicles they sell compared to pre-covid sales an he said well under half the volume. The Mazda lot they own is probably a quarter. I don't think it's unreasonable to try to make a little more since they are very limited on the number of sales but overhead for the building an stuff is the same. Some of the numbers I'm seeing on this thread is CRAZY. IMO $500 additional on a lower end car isn't out of line. If I were car shopping an seeing these numbers I'd be shopping for a beater on craigslist until things calmed down or I found a reasonable deal.

Good luck to anyone that needs a car NOW.
I agree.

To be devils advocate though, 500 and 1000 bucks a few times a month on half the volume ain't gonna pay the rent...

Charge what the market can handle.

If buyers don't like the prices, they won't buy.

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Mail Carrier (retired) Navy Vet
I agree.

To be devils advocate though, 500 and 1000 bucks a few times a month on half the volume ain't gonna pay the rent...

Charge what the market can handle.

If buyers don't like the prices, they won't buy.
The difference is there's no discounting now. Before they were selling just above cost on a lot of models, they're getting they full profit per vehicles now.

Jhbryaniv

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger Tremor
Vehicle Showcase
The difference is there's no discounting now. Before they were selling just above cost on a lot of models, they're getting they full profit per vehicles now.
While selling half or a quarter of the vehicles...

thewhiteranger

First Name
andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger fx2 and a 2019 Subaru Outback
Occupation
medical
just really glad I dont need a car right now paying full MSRP is bad enough! probably gonna look for a replacement for the wifes car next year - not looking forward to it at all........

Jhbryaniv

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger Tremor
Vehicle Showcase
just really glad I dont need a car right now paying full MSRP is bad enough! probably gonna look for a replacement for the wifes car next year - not looking forward to it at all........
Start early when you're not in a hurry.

I found someone who would give me an xplan code so the deal was super easy, no haggling. Just this is what I want, what's invoice price.
Sponsored