Pricing advice on 2019 Lariat with dealer upgrades

computorist

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Hybrid
Considering a Ranger purchase soon. I've been lurking and learning for a while and have a pricing question. I found a new 2019 Lariat I like but the dealer's MSRP seems inflated (beyond normal).
  • Equipment group 501a
  • Tow package
  • Sport appearance package
  • Fx4 package
  • 18" MACH ALUM WHL/MAG POCKETS
Window sticker MSRP = $45,135 (seems about right)

Dealer then put a 3.5" lift kit on with custom wheels & tires (looks good)
Dealer site MSRP = $53,130

Unless they did more that isn't obvious or listed on their site that puts a lift kit & wheels/tires @ ~$8,000!
I've never put a lift kit on anything or custom wheels & tires but $8K? Seems ridic.

Trying to put together a opening position to negotiate from now. Hoping to buy early next month depending on this lock-down hell we're all going through.

Thanks!
Sponsored

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
Considering a Ranger purchase soon. I've been lurking and learning for a while and have a pricing question. I found a new 2019 Lariat I like but the dealer's MSRP seems inflated (beyond normal).
  • Equipment group 501a
  • Tow package
  • Sport appearance package
  • Fx4 package
  • 18" MACH ALUM WHL/MAG POCKETS
Window sticker MSRP = $45,135 (seems about right)

Dealer then put a 3.5" lift kit on with custom wheels & tires (looks good)
Dealer site MSRP = $53,130

Unless they did more that isn't obvious or listed on their site that puts a lift kit & wheels/tires @ ~$8,000!
I've never put a lift kit on anything or custom wheels & tires but $8K? Seems ridic.

Trying to put together a opening position to negotiate from now. Hoping to buy early next month depending on this lock-down hell we're all going through.

Thanks!
Just as an FYI, the truck my brother purchased was similar - they did a cheap lift kit and wheels and tires and put an $8,995 markup on it. I priced out the parts and added $1,000 for labor and still came up with less than half the cost (about $3700). It is a ridiculous markup - they also added another $2000 "Additional Dealer Markup" - which is garbage.

As has been stated before, if you are looking at a 2019, you really shouldn't even consider close to MSRP as the truck is almost 2 model years old, so at least one years worth of depreciation has to be factored into the price. I'd say that truck should be 38-40k max, even with the tires.

OP
OP

computorist

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Hybrid
Thanks! I think I'll be happy if I get them down around $38k.
Then again, this quarantine's got me so squirrely I'm bound to do something foolish. :crazy:
Sponsored