First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
Nice! Been wondering when these would make it to market.

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
I got excited when I saw the price, then I realized it was Per EA.

:( Guess it waits a bit longer.

OP
OP
RCMUSTANG

RCMUSTANG

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fusion 1995 Ranger
I got excited when I saw the price, then I realized it was Per EA.

:( Guess it waits a bit longer.
Same. STill waiting on my EMU's.

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCab XL - FX4 - Magnetic - Rocksliders
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
Wait? A 600 lb load drops the rear 2"? Is that right? 1,100 lbs doesn't drop my stock truck 2"?

Icon Multi Leaf Rear Springs.jpg

FordSpeed

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger FX4 Supercrew
Per the website
" the spring rate has been lowered significantly compared to the OE spring. " so in the case of their springs, yes it would drop the load 2", but keeps the truck from being less than stock height with that load weight. Nice option depending on what you do with your truck

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
Per the website
" the spring rate has been lowered significantly compared to the OE spring. " so in the case of their springs, yes it would drop the load 2", but keeps the truck from being less than stock height with that load weight. Nice option depending on what you do with your truck
Thanks. I went back and looked, and I don't see what the altered payload rating is, or the altered trailer tongue weight would be?

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks. I went back and looked, and I don't see what the altered payload rating is, or the altered trailer tongue weight would be?
Since they are progressive, they probably end at the same targets as OEM, they just get there a different way.

MattH

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 4x4
I wonder if these change driveline angles to help fix takeoff shudder or high speed vibes at all.

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
From my view kinda defeats the purpose of upgrading. I would expect at least 750 lbs of more weight carry with an upgrade like what I got with my previous Ranger upgrade. Different strokes for different folks I guess

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
From my view kinda defeats the purpose of upgrading. I would expect at least 750 lbs of more weight carry with an upgrade like what I got with my previous Ranger upgrade. Different strokes for different folks I guess
The idea is that it can soak up big ass bumps at high speed with the low spring rate portion of the spring, and then as the suspension becomes more heavily loaded, the rate increases and stiffens to support the extra weight. If you want loading capacity only, then your unloaded performance will be terrible. (Think driving an unloaded F350 on a pot hole road).

You could accomplish load handling by just adding the hellwig add-a-leaf for < 250$ but you'd be sacrificing your unloaded performance.

DrewKD88

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
IT Guy
I have the OME medium duty leaf pack installed. They provide a significantly better ride than stock. The lift is 1.7" and with roughly 400lbs it levels out. The stock leaf springs really suck @$& when offroading. I suspect that the Icon leaf pack will provide an even smoother offroad ride quality.

However, if you really want to change out your leaf pack then you should probably first start with your Coilovers and Rear Struts. I paired mine with Fox 2.5 DSC's front and rear.

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
Since they are progressive, they probably end at the same targets as OEM, they just get there a different way.
I'll send them an email and ask them to confirm they meet or exceed OEM payload ratings.

wilsoN_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Tremor 2022 Kawasaki ZX-14R
Occupation
Logistics
Wait? A 600 lb load drops the rear 2"? Is that right? 1,100 lbs doesn't drop my stock truck 2"?

Icon Multi Leaf Rear Springs.jpg
You've got to remember you started 2" higher, with 600lbs you're at stock. Put 600lbs in the bed with the stiffer OE springs and guess what you below stock ride height. This is a nice kit, that isn't a "buy this and wish I had that" and have to sell, like the Deaver's which is something I couldn't decide on. Go HD or go standard, with these you can swap springs around to your liking and not at the expense of $13-1500.

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Folks,

What are you trying to achieve besides a change? A leaf pack has both a spring rate and a change in damping as the pack increases damping. Before changing...you need to ask the questions of what your are trying to change and why.

In the SCCA Race Trucks, we ran custom mono leafs with shock tuning for damping....why??? Weight as mono leaf were much less weight and less weight weight can mean faster...

If a leaf pack in in your future...great...as long as you understand why you desire the change. Only way I would entertain a leaf pack is if I could lower the rear without changing the shock damping of the FX4....unlikely to ever occur...

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired
Sponsored