Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger STX 4x4
Occupation
Machinist
Vehicle Showcase
So I have that “ranger lean” real bad with my truck, a smidge over 3/4 of an inch low on the driver side rear. Had the same problem with my colorado, drove me insane, a fixation I could not and still cannot get over lol

so, I’ve ordered these leafs and am planning to install them here soon. My plan is, to attempt a lean fix, is to install the passenger side without the add a leaf in, for an increase of .375”, and then install the add a leaf section on driver side for an increase in ride height of 1.125, making up the 3/4 inch difference side to side.

thoughts?
I kinda did this with my Icon leaf pack. But instead of adding a leaf to one side I took one out from how they are received. Worked like a charm. I feel no adverse effect either. I romp that thing nice and hard off road?. Doing great!!! I have a YouTube video about how I went about my process.
Sponsored

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ranger Supercab (sold 12/19) , 2002 Honda CR-V
Occupation
Retired Firefighter III, Honolulu Fire Department
My fox shocks eliminated the sensation you describe. My wife calls it “boaty” though.
Finally addressing this issue again, did you replace all 4 shocks?

Superdannyboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport Appearance Package
Anyone’s setup squeaky as all hell? Love the ride but sounds like a covered wagon coming down the road.
The squeak happened to my deavers the other day. Seems to be at the front mounts. I tightened them as tight as possible by hand and figured they were too tight. I contacted APG and they said to torque the supplied nut to 85.

I loosened the nut 2 days ago and sprayed some wd-40 dry lube in there and just tightened it snug (didn't have a 7/8 socket for my torque wrench) which was way less than how tight I had it at first and the squeak went away. Drive around for an hour and didn't hear a peep.

Drove the f150 yesterday and today got in the ranger and the squeak is back.

Sp5149

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat
Mine are crazy loud as well, even with such slight movements as opening one of the doors makes it squeak. Sounds super crappy. Ride is real nice though, even with one side with the stiffer leaf. Also they still haven’t settled, still riding way higher than advertised height.

First Name
Charly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
The squeak happened to my deavers the other day. Seems to be at the front mounts. I tightened them as tight as possible by hand and figured they were too tight. I contacted APG and they said to torque the supplied nut to 85.

I loosened the nut 2 days ago and sprayed some wd-40 dry lube in there and just tightened it snug (didn't have a 7/8 socket for my torque wrench) which was way less than how tight I had it at first and the squeak went away. Drive around for an hour and didn't hear a peep.

Thanks. I did the same; tightened as much as possible at first. backed off later and the noise reduced. I'll try tightening to 85 ft-lbs. Seems like the front bolt mount is the issue. Completely silent at the shackle.

First Name
Charly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
Mine are crazy loud as well, even with such slight movements as opening one of the doors makes it squeak. Sounds super crappy. Ride is real nice though, even with one side with the stiffer leaf. Also they still haven’t settled, still riding way higher than advertised height.
It took a while for mine to settle, but it did.

Superdannyboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Also, when I contacted APG, they said moly lube would be my best friend. I'll loosen it up and apply some moly lube soon. Any recommendations if any of you applied lube when installing?

Fitzmotor

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor, 75 crewcab F350, 65 Mustang
Occupation
Retired from Honda Racing.
An option to aftermarket springs are the global ones, they are factory springs so they are quiet and they are very similar to a Tremor spring, they may not raise it as much as the aftermarket ones but they are a affordable option. https://www.ebay.com/itm/114729135896

Fitzmotor

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I actually like the global spring better than the Tremor springs, I have done back to back road test with them, the Global spring is a better ride unloaded, especially on the highway/freeway.
EDIT;
Hey, I don't want to take anything away from ICON or Stage 3 Motorsports, just throwing out some info.

Last edited:
First Name
Charly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
I actually like the global spring better than the Tremor springs, I have done back to back road test with them, the Global spring is a better ride unloaded, especially on the highway/freeway.
EDIT;
Hey, I don't want to take anything away from ICON or Stage 3 Motorsports, just throwing out some info.
Wonder how they do loaded. I carry 350+ lbs daily

Fitzmotor

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
They are a factory multi leaf spring, they are likley better than the single leaf spring, I have not driven with them loaded yet though.
I went for them hoping they would lower the back of the truck, but only 5/8" drop at the spring and just over a inch at the tailgate, that's when I removed the 5th leaf, same height as my stock Tremor springs with the 5th leaf, so it was a fail, but I figured it would give me a cheap set to play around with (under $300 a pair and showed up in a week) and keep my stock springs, so now I am de-arcing the global spring 1.5" to level the truck and so my old junk back can load the truck easier.
The Global spring is the bottom spring, all the long leafs are thinner by 1-2mm, but longer lengths but it has 2 heavy bottom leafs, the load rating is higher than the US springs I believe, notice how the bottom leafs are curved away for loading from the upper springs.
I contacted the seller they came off of fleet vehicles that were converted to airbags so they are basically new and they have 40+ sets.

spring1.jpg

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
They are a factory multi leaf spring, they are likley better than the single leaf spring, I have not driven with them loaded yet though.
I went for them hoping they would lower the back of the truck, but only 5/8" drop at the spring and just over a inch at the tailgate, that's when I removed the 5th leaf, same height as my stock Tremor springs with the 5th leaf, so it was a fail, but I figured it would give me a cheap set to play around with (under $300 a pair and showed up in a week) and keep my stock springs, so now I am de-arcing the global spring 1.5" to level the truck and so my old junk back can load the truck easier.
The Global spring is the bottom spring, all the long leafs are thinner by 1-2mm, but longer lengths but it has 2 heavy bottom leafs, the load rating is higher than the US springs I believe, notice how the bottom leafs are curved away for loading from the upper springs.
I contacted the seller they came off of fleet vehicles that were converted to airbags so they are basically new and they have 40+ sets.

spring1.jpg
So you did get a 1 inch drop at the tailgate when removing a leaf?

Please send me the contact info as that is exactly what I would like to do.

Superdannyboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Ok I thought the squeak came back but it didn't. I even jumped on the bed and it's mostly quiet. I have to keep the front coilovers lubed on my long travel that's where I heard the squeak the other day. Maintenance maintenance maintenance.

Fitzmotor

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Hey, Dr Zaius, it did lower the tailgate but that was the Tremor, it sits a little higher, the global spring would raise the back of a regular Ranger I think.
I still needed the tailgate lower, so I have sent out the global springs to de-arc 1.5", so I can have a level truck on factory multi leaf springs. (without raising the front)
Sponsored