YaBoiNewton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT supercrew Sport FX4, 2008 Bullitt w Saleen Supercharger
Occupation
Automotive Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Avoid Icon. The medium rate OME springs are probably the right choice for you. May want to upgrade to OME Nitrocharger shocks at the same time.

Hellwig makes a rear sway bar. If you're not hitting the gnar off road, that'll massively improve on road manners too.
What's wrong with the Icon leafs?
Sponsored

Wes Siler

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Website
WesSiler.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX4, 2020 Toyota Land Cruiser
Occupation
Writer
The leafs themselves are simple. OME offers more choices, and is a much higher quality, more reputable brand. Assuming you'll eventually upgrade to a full suspension system beyond just springs, it makes sense to put yourself in an ecosystem of quality parts designed to work together.

OP
OP
MoodyBlue

MoodyBlue

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Crewcab FX4
Occupation
Industrial Electrician (Retired)
Ended up ordering Icon leaf pack and Fox 2.0 shocks from local shop - will report back findings when installed

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
Cant speak for him but from what I see you dont get much capacity compared to OME. The basic OME will allow up to 780 lbs before leveling the truck(the heavier springs will take more of course). The Icon leafs will only allow up to 600 lbs at the max setting before leveled. After running the Old Man EMU suspension kit I have to say it would still be my choice on the next truck. I wouldnt doubt that the Icon leafs may be comfortable especially when matched with Icon shocks but due to load I wont go that route

Last edited:

YaBoiNewton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT supercrew Sport FX4, 2008 Bullitt w Saleen Supercharger
Occupation
Automotive Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Cant speak for him but from what I see you dont get much capacity compared to OME. The basic OME will allow up to 780 lbs before leveling the truck(the heavier springs will take more of course). The Icon leafs will only allow up to 600 lbs at the max setting before leveled. After running the Old Man EMU suspension kit I have to say it would still be my choice on the next truck. I wouldnt doubt that the Icon leafs may be comfortable especially when matched with Icon shocks but due to load I wont go that route
I would choose OME regardless because they tend to have the cost advantage, but let me ask you this: how often did you put more than 600lb in the bed of your truck long enough to matter?

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
I would choose OME regardless because they tend to have the cost advantage, but let me ask you this: how often did you put more than 600lb in the bed of your truck long enough to matter?
During the time I had the truck it wasnt often for me. Just depended on what I was doing at the time. When doing my little fun OffRoad adventures I was still lightly loaded. Does that still apply for everyone else? Not necessarily, it just depends on how you set your truck up.... And how.much you have to spend on it
Sponsored