First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
Occupation
RETIRED!!!!
I think 🤔 ill go over to Tacoworld and start some threads on my new 2024 Tacoma,
"Fuel in oil "
"Tailgate opens to slowly 🐌"
" I thought these had a V6???"
" max size tires with no lift ?"
"How do I make the grille smaller?"
"Truck made loud pop and now no 4wd"
" best place to hook 🪝 up to tow my Tacoma"
DO IT!!!!!
Sponsored

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Journalists. The new, ground breaking, earth shattering idea of making a four cylinder and a turbo is a true breakthrough in engine design. So much power and torque it will beat a Porsche 911 turbo in a drag race.
I'm waiting to see the rationale of the White Knights that so steadfastly defended the Tacoma rear drum brakes as being superior to discs because "they're better off road".

I think the more likely comment will be "Tacoma has rear disc brakes! When will the rest of the market catch up?"

TJC

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93 Miata, 05 Ranger 4x4, 20 Ranger 4x4, 23 CX-5
Yeah the TFL guys will try and do anything in an attempt to stay relevant or bring traffic to their site. Embarrassing that I live in the same state as them , but they are Boulder based which explains a lot. Some of their staff are so overweight I'm surprised they didn't have a coronary pushing the Taco but the pic was obviously staged and I wouldn't be surprised if whatever "almost" left them stranded was a well .
IMO, They broke the Taco. The load shifts on the drive train were erratic... a recipe for breaking parts. Once you are on ice, you're not going anywhere unless you have chains.

Why tempt fate by showboating and spinning the tires like that? Back up and get a little speed and hold that speed until you pass the rough spot. You are not going to creep up an icy 5-15 degree grade unless you have some momentum.

It's been years since I lived and played in Colorado, but I still remember the basics.

I also remember seeing vehicles off the ledge that had to be left until spring before attempting to get them out.

I think my old 1971 FJ40 would have made that climb. But in fairness the FJ40 is smaller, allowing me more latitude to pick the optimal line up the hill. A winch would have solved that problem.

We have our "Boulder" here in North Carolina. It's call "Chapel Hill". :LOL:

Stevedbvik1

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Tremor XLT
Occupation
Retired
I think 🤔 ill go over to Tacoworld and start some threads on my new 2024 Tacoma,
"Fuel in oil "
“Tailgates too tall “

Stevedbvik1

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Tremor XLT
Occupation
Retired
IMO, They broke the Taco. The load shifts on the drive train were erratic... a recipe for breaking parts. Once you are on ice, you're not going anywhere unless you have chains.

Why tempt fate by showboating and spinning the tires like that? Back up and get a little speed and hold that speed until you pass the rough spot. You are not going to creep up an icy 5-15 degree grade unless you have some momentum.

It's been years since I lived and played in Colorado, but I still remember the basics.

I also remember seeing vehicles off the ledge that had to be left until spring before attempting to get them out.

I think my old 1971 FJ40 would have made that climb. But in fairness the FJ40 is smaller, allowing me more latitude to pick the optimal line up the hill. A winch would have solved that problem.

But the Colorado made it 🤷‍♂️

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
"Fuel in oil "
Don't forget an add-a-leaf for the rear springs...

dtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat FX4, chromed and forever damperless
OP
OP
Friday yet?

Friday yet?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Tremor, Focus ST
Occupation
Corporate drone. Dilbert's world is alive & well.
"Fuel in oil "
Suggest you add "too high ass end" just for the hell of it.

OP
OP
Friday yet?

Friday yet?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Tremor, Focus ST
Occupation
Last edited:
OP
OP
Friday yet?

Friday yet?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Tremor, Focus ST
Occupation
OP
OP
Friday yet?

Friday yet?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Tremor, Focus ST
Occupation
true story! The auto "journalists" seem to have a perverse obsession with toyota. I think at one time toyota made good quality stuff. but the past 15 years or so they make stuff about the same as everyone else. often the same parts from same suppliers as the other brands use.
And.... in recent years Toyota is constantly in trouble with some line of their business in some part of the world for emissions violations. Constant.

Last edited:

dtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat FX4, chromed and forever damperless

You would be amazed at what you'd see nowadays off roading in Colorado, some high clearance roads on weekends are bumper to bumper, with a fair amount of unskilled drivers and I often marvel at some of the places people get to in marginally capable off road vehicles, and I've seen "blood" trails several times on roads where oil pan and sharp rock came together. Before I had the Ranger I did take the wife's Hyundai Sante fe up to North Fork reservoir , 10 miles of very rocky road with several really narrow bad spots, found myself traversing some bad spots and got high centered a few times and wedged up against a rock face and tore the front bumper off, just put in the back and reattached it when I got home. lesson learned.
I've not watched an entire TFL video in a number of years, don't think most of their tests are anything to be taken seriously but I will hand it to them they have eked out a living dorking around in the back country on mostly loaner vehicles.
Car and Driver at least explains their methodology for their tests and they use consistent methods accounting for stuff like atmospheric conditions.

ppfd

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tremor
Occupation
RN/Paramedic
All those cucks in the comment section. LoL
Tacoma is the best! Tacoma is superior to all!

Its a brand new design that isn't on most Toyota lots yet.
And they are guzzling car and drivers every word.

I'm not busting on the Tacoma at all as I am interested in one when the time comes. But seriously the cult like setting with this truck is over the top.

Jedadiah

First Name
Jed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 XLT SuperCrew 4x2. Former '21 SuperCab Owner
5G Rangers have the same 0-60 times as both these newer trucks. I'm bet the 6G with the 2.3 will be similar. It'll be interesting to see how much faster a 6G with the 2.7 will be than these two, and how it'll compare to the hybrid in the Taco when it arrives.
Of course, Ford will actually need to delivers some 6Gs for that to happen.
Sponsored