Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
Here's my F150s catch can.

bNFvASL.jpg

took me 2 hours to route the lines(I had plastic lines, had to downgrade to rubber hose for it to work). Cans 10" long and 3.5" diameter, made it imposible to mount anywhere top side due to fords hatered of having engine bays with room.

Drain valve with long hose can be accessed through fender liner.
fggjxw6.jpg

Because I'm mentally challenged, I plan to repeat the the difficult task on the ranger.. Whenever ford builds it.
The fun part is feeling like a true genius after getting it all together and the vehicle doesn't go ? thanks for the pics, that looks tough but you managed well :)
Sponsored

RedDakooter05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger STX RWD
The fun part is feeling like a true genius after getting it all together and the vehicle doesn't go ? thanks for the pics, that looks tough but you managed well :)
I've developed the habit of testing after every "mile stone".

I replaced a heater core in a S10 years ago which involved pulling the dash. After 2 days of work, Had no power cause the main body harness was not completly seated in the connector block. Had to pull the dash again to access.

edit: whoops I'm like an old senile man that blabbers on pointlessly, hijackin' threads.

RangerPNW

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Project Manager
This reminded me of how frustrated I was trying to install this same catch can...I damn near threw the thing away after cursing what I feel are hands that are too big for this job...but about an hour later and some rather scratched up hands (and a lot of colorful language), I got this thing installed. While the product is fine, the instructions are garbage and the video is no help...

sandog

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Crew Cab Hot Pepper
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I got my UPR catch can on yesterday and the back of my hand looks like a Mountain Lion chewed on it for a while from trying to reach the ports
Never so glad to finish a project !

Mr.Scary

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger sport 4x4
Occupation
Heavy equipment operator
just installed my mishimoto catch can on my 2021 ranger and it went on exactly the same as my old 2019 did. so i dont get where this new port on top of the intake is coming from here.

the exact same single hose came off my 2021 as the 2019 did red port on the baffle plate is the same and yellow port on the intake is the same.

OP
OP
Sariandan

Sariandan

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang EcoBoost
Occupation
Paramedic/Shift Supervisor
just installed my mishimoto catch can on my 2021 ranger and it went on exactly the same as my old 2019 did. so i dont get where this new port on top of the intake is coming from here.

the exact same single hose came off my 2021 as the 2019 did red port on the baffle plate is the same and yellow port on the intake is the same.
Ford changed it at some point, this model year. I wish mine had been the same, just to avoid the frustration.

Mr.Scary

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger sport 4x4
Occupation
Heavy equipment operator
Ford changed it at some point, this model year. I wish mine had been the same, just to avoid the frustration.
if it helps my 2021 was built in February 2021

OP
OP
Sariandan

Sariandan

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
OP
OP
Sariandan

Sariandan

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Because I'm mentally challenged, I plan to repeat the the difficult task on the ranger.. Whenever ford builds it.
If they are just building it, your "yellow" port will actually not be yellow, and should be on top of the engine. It's actually easier, but only if you really know that's what you're supposed to do and aren't looking for something that isn't there, down below.

RedDakooter05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger STX RWD
If they are just building it, your "yellow" port will actually not be yellow, and should be on top of the engine. It's actually easier, but only if you really know that's what you're supposed to do and aren't looking for something that isn't there, down below.
I'm suspecting it'll be a 22 model, and how ford is handling things, I may just cancel my order and go back to GM.

But if they get their **** in order, I'll keep this in mind thanks.

CarbonTremor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Tremor, 04 Jaguar XJR, 21 Bronco Sport
How did you mount the canister ? I'm also trying to install mine and the location that it's supposed to get mounted in is occupied by a fuse box bracket ?
20211030_081955.jpg

OP
OP
Sariandan

Sariandan

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation

CarbonTremor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Tremor, 04 Jaguar XJR, 21 Bronco Sport
Awesome , thanks . . . Nothing is straight forward ever lol

OP
OP
Sariandan

Sariandan

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation

Josebd

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford ranger xlt
Occupation
Road maintenance county
So... I'm installing my Mishimoto oil catch can... or trying to.

I'm looking for the damn hose. The only hose I can find with a blue connector goes from a reddish orange L-shaped male connector that is spot on for where it should be in the Mishimoto install video. But, that hose goes up to the top of the engine and does not have the same quick connect, but is attached to a black straight male connector.

Here are pictures of that end. The other end, with the blue quick connect looks exactly like what is in the videos for 2019-2020 installs. I can't find a video for anyone installing on a 2021. Maybe Ford changed it? I don't see why....

Any insight or help?
PCV Connector.jpg
PCV Male.jpg
Is this view from top of engine? Bottom?
Sponsored