Fuel in catch can

PresFinch2

First Name
Preston
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford ranger Lariat
Hey all, first post on this forum since getting my Ranger a couple months ago. I just recently installed a mishimoto catch can and drove roughly 300 miles or so and was too impatient to wait the “1000 miles” between checking it, boy am I glad I did the catch can was absolutely full with gasoline (5-6 oz maybe) and only a little bit of sediment. Seems odd that there would be so much gas in there only after a short time. I drive fairly easy and am no speed demon by any means. Just wanted your thoughts thanks!
Sponsored

Progeny2021

Banned
Banned
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Super Crew Cab
Occupation
Retired
Yeah, my 'catch can' had so much fuel in it the truck exploded! Ford won't warranty it as they stated that Ranger must have been in a war zone and ran over an IED! My insurance company is suing me for fraud - just can't win for some reason.

download.jpeg

OP
OP
PresFinch2

PresFinch2

First Name
Preston
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford ranger Lariat
Yeah, my 'catch can' had so much fuel in it the truck exploded! Ford won't warranty it as they stated that Ranger must have been in a war zone and ran over an IED! My insurance company is suing me for fraud - just can't win for some reason.

download.jpeg
Holy shit! Hope you’re ok, well after seeing the gas in the cc and now this picture might just have to take it off completely!

RedDakooter05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger STX RWD
??

what are your thoughts on the cc situation?
Drive more than a few miles, let the engine run for a bit at normal operating temps.

Don't need to baby it, but don't floor it all the time either. Short trips seem to be a major cause.

McLeadslinger

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Sport.
Occupation
Aircraft Electrician
It’s a DI engine. Get used to fuel in the catch can.

Dgc333

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Engineer
It’s a DI engine. Get used to fuel in the catch can.
I have had three vehicles with the 2.3 Ecoboost engine and have accumulated almost 100,000 miles on them. Never had enough fuel in the oil to even get a fuel smell.

To the OP if you are getting 5 to 6 ounces of in your catch can in less than 1000 miles you have a problem that needs to be checked by the dealer. I check my UPR catch cans once a month which is approximately 1200 miles. I have never had more than an 1/8" or so in the can most of it is condensation.

Reactions: Doc

dtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat FX4, chromed and forever damperless

download.jpeg
best post I can ever recall seeing here, beware of those catch cans ! although my can catches next to nothing I still going to wear my fireproof driving suit.

Joeiconic

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
The only people who get fuel in their catch cans, are people who install catch cans. I have more advice if you need it.
yep. The question is , is fuel in the catch can the problem, or is having a catch can the problem.
Sponsored

Reactions: Doc