Catch Can Poll

Since installing a Catch Can on your Ranger do you have a lingering fuel odor?

• Total voters

Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 HPP Mustang, 2021 Ranger STX,2022 Subaru WRX
Occupation
Retired
I realized recently that I did a poor job of routing my catch can hoses around my trans cooler. Good reason to order new hoses from Mishimoto and hit the reset button….I’ve got about 50K on the Ranger since installing the can.
Get rid of the can and you won’t have those problems :)

Elgorr4

First Name
Elliot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XL
I drained a decent amount out of my catch can today, being back in the northeast I feel it acts as more of a water condenser than anything but it definitely traps some oil and fuel vapor. My truck has smelled like fuel vapor since day one of the catch can install. UPR can with the check valves. It is parked outside so it doesn't bother me but I can see how it would stink up a garage big time. Knowing what I know now I would probably not have spent money on a maintence hassle that reeks of gas, but I'm not mad I have it and definitely will not be jamming my hands back under that intake to take it out! Who knows, might prolong the time between walnut blastings when this thing is high miles.

OP
OP
txquailguy

txquailguy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Lariat - 2020 Hyundai Kona Ultimate
Occupation
Biologist
Vehicle Showcase
Fuel chemistry folks! It’s amazing what I catch in the winter during cold/wet conditions. I’m talking water, fuel, oil and lots of gunk. I had a fuel smell at first but that disappeared within a few months of install. Honestly, I would be lying if I said it makes a difference in the long run. All I know is she runs great @ 75K and there is no sign of any hose issues with my setup. I do have the original green clips and they are fine. I’ve had this can on for approximately 20 months, give or take a month. Update….I looked at my hoses and I do see some very minor cracking in a few spots. I’m going to contact Mishimoto and see if I can get some replacements.

FCE3814C-7BD6-40EE-897E-8A9BA3EBFF2E.jpeg

D80F408D-BF2A-4A62-8A62-72B5F3E1A873.jpeg
Sponsored

Last edited: