My wife wants me to trade my baby in for a new one… crazy ?

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
oh….SHE NAGS.

but that’s because I’m an asshole sometimes and she doesn’t like my dark self deprecating type of humor. You’ll find the one, add a few more mods and go drive down main street. Lol.
at least you can admit you need the naggin lol!
Sponsored

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
Dude, my wife is crazy!! Haha… she told me she loves my truck and the joy it brings me… BUT… wants me to get a newer one, fully loaded with a better off-road package, something “more Alaskan” incase we need to bug out or something!?! Lol.

This convo started because she really dislikes the Lightning Blue and wishes I would have waited for a Carbonized Gray one. I told her I was waiting MONTHS AND MONTHS, but it seems now there are more available.

It looks like I could price out a fully loaded Lariat 21, for a similar price as what I paid (I bought at height of pandemic) but really at this point I would look at a 22, but for some reason it won’t let me?

I kept my OEM headlights but would include them in a private sale, and the Raptor grill with lights would be included. I have a lightbar in front, added Tyger Step bars, along with DD SS3 Pro Yellow Fogs, those would be included as well. I kept my stock tires but if I get a new one I’d probably include my Wildpeak AT3W’s on the rims. I had the dealer at undercoat to protect from rust which is pretty important up here in Alaska, along with a clear vinyl coat on hood and front fenders…

crossing my fingers on this, it looks like my wife is cooler than I already knew her to be! Lol.

I would keep my RSI Smartcap unless I could tack on an additional 4k as I just bought it. Anyways… anybody know why or when I can configure a 22?

I love my Ranger and won’t consider if I can’t get what i, why would I?

View attachment 115636
My wife loves our Ranger Lariat, but now she wants a Bronco! Go figure! (Still, it is better than the alternative, which is that the wife hates our rides, right?)

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO

puckdodger

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Black Lariat 2020 SOLD Black Cadillac XT5
:stop: DON'T SELL IT WITH YOUR NEW DAMPER!!! ?
He said his wife is cool, so I bet she wanted him to get rid of the truck and get something the damper doesn't fit. :sunglasses:

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
He said his wife is cool, so I bet she wanted him to get rid of the truck and get something the damper doesn't fit. :sunglasses:
Nice try Jim but go back and re-read the OP. His wife is so cool she wants another Ranger, the damper is just the icing on the cake. ? ?

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond
not fair to have a cool wife like that when many of us are stuck with naggin angry ones. or in my case not even a nag just single and lonely.
Buy @Strobes' Ranger and all the single 20-something coeds will flock to you!

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond
Mrs Motorpsychology: "Whatt're you typing?

Me: "Oh, just a response to someone on Ranger 5G that wants to sell their 2020 and get a 2022 with more stuff and a different color. Seems it's what his wife wants to do..."

Mrs Motorpsychology: That look.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Looks like a great deal, the Ford website won’t let me price out a new 22 build?
You can send them the build from the '21 and he'll be able to quote you off of that. I ordered my Jeep through Granger and at the time the '22 B&P wasn't available to customers but the dealers had them.

jflogerzi

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DD/Tow CG MY22 Ranger XLT 2WD, Track Car FRS 2013
Reasons? I’m still learning, I’ve only got 4500 miles of my own on this thing.
If you do trade in get a Tremor if you want stock off
Looks like a great deal, the Ford website won’t let me price out a new 22 build?
Don't worry just send them a 21 build spec. They just want to know the options

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Just talked to my local sales guy, told him about the truck and he said straight up, don’t sell it to us, sell it private with all the mods I’ve done. And said to send him specs for a 21, he’ll convert it to a 22. It will be 6 months at earliest to get it here, but I can reserve what I want with no deposit. Doesn’t think the used truck market up here is going to be all that different, a little less probably but no major drops. Alaska is different, just don’t get the inventory up here.

By that time I’ll owe like 5k less, will only have like 5k more miles tops, so more equity so I can move over to a new model exactly how I want it.

Already told my wife that I’m done with upgrades until June, so I’ll stop dumping money into this thing and start saving for a new Lariat Tremor.

The best part is, I’ll never get hosed again buying a truck as you guys have taught me so much, talking to the sales guy felt a lot better than it did the first time. Well, actually the sales guys aren’t the problem it’s the finance managers doing the add-one later, the next time I talk to one I can’t wait to tell him to kick rocks with all those dealer mark-ups.

Buying my own extended warranty, paying for my own undercoat to protect from rust and paying for my own clear vinyl to protect the rig. Will probably also find my own loan ahead of time.

Thanks for all the input guys, good start to my year!
One thing I would do is get everything in writing and make sure it's signed by both parties. As much as you want to trust them when the time comes for delivery they might throw on some crazy ADM without it. I've been seeing this way to much lately and would hate for you to wait that long only to find out they did something shady like that. One a positive note you already have your first mod for it. ?

JohnnyO

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger STX 4x4
Occupation
Asst. Greenskeeper, Bushwood Country Club
With the supply chain and labor issues there seem to be more quality complaints about the 2021-22 models. An opinion shared by my cousin who owns a repair shop and used car lot and said he will never buy a 2021-22 anything at the auctions, he says they will all be lemons. He has a new 2021 Silverado that got a whole new engine under warranty at 13,000 miles.
I'd wait for a 2023.

Radioman

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x2, 2017 Toyota Limited Highlander w/Platinum Pkg., 2012 Jeep JK Rubicon
Occupation
Retired RF Telecommications Manager
Hang in there. When you least expect it, that’s when it’ll happen.

I was telling a friend that I had given up on finding Mr. Right. Met him that night, while celebrating my 25th birthday, and we have been inseparable since. 34 years this month.:)
Congrats on a long marriage Tracy.

JohnnyO

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger STX 4x4
Occupation
Asst. Greenskeeper, Bushwood Country Club
But I don’t like the look of the 23… this is interesting info, and more reason to do my research. You think a 21 or 22 would be a better way to go?
No.
I mean go ahead if you want, but I'm thinking the 2019-20 will prove to be more trouble-free than 2021-22.
I've had no issues on my 2020 except for the trans downshifting harshly which seems to have fixed itself.
I'd wait for a 2023.

Last edited:

JACKSMYDOG

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat FX4 Black
Occupation
Retired
Dude, my wife is crazy!! Haha… she told me she loves my truck and the joy it brings me… BUT… wants me to get a newer one, fully loaded with a better off-road package, something “more Alaskan” incase we need to bug out or something!?! Lol.

This convo started because she really dislikes the Lightning Blue and wishes I would have waited for a Carbonized Gray one. I told her I was waiting MONTHS AND MONTHS, but it seems now there are more available.

It looks like I could price out a fully loaded Lariat 21, for a similar price as what I paid (I bought at height of pandemic) but really at this point I would look at a 22, but for some reason it won’t let me?

I kept my OEM headlights but would include them in a private sale, and the Raptor grill with lights would be included. I have a lightbar in front, added Tyger Step bars, along with DD SS3 Pro Yellow Fogs, those would be included as well. I kept my stock tires but if I get a new one I’d probably include my Wildpeak AT3W’s on the rims. I had the dealer at undercoat to protect from rust which is pretty important up here in Alaska, along with a clear vinyl coat on hood and front fenders…

crossing my fingers on this, it looks like my wife is cooler than I already knew her to be! Lol.

I would keep my RSI Smartcap unless I could tack on an additional 4k as I just bought it. Anyways… anybody know why or when I can configure a 22?

I love my Ranger and won’t consider if I can’t get what i, why would I?

View attachment 115636
bgllZLt.png
Sponsored

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0