Ugh! My baby!

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
Thanks. It’s actually really nice to read that.

Venting moment incoming…

It’s been a really rough year. In January, I was laid off from Google after working there for over 10 years. In February, my youngest child spent multiple days in the ICU at Seattle Children’s after a severe asthma attack. In March I got shingles (and I’m only 42!) AND my truck got totaled on the same day…

But even with all the suck I’ve maintained a good attitude. Started a new job yesterday, my truck’s totaled but it protected my amazing wife. Life’s good.
Sorry about all your troubles, Aaron. Hopefully the rest of the year will be much better.
Sponsored

puckdodger

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Black Lariat 2020 SOLD Black Cadillac XT5
Sorry to hear all this but you might have a future as a country music song writer.

New job, good insurance offer - there’s a silver lining starting to show in there somewhere. I hope your youngest is doing well now. Here’s to better days ahead. ?
His life has more ups and downs than a new brides pajammies.

to the OP, glad everyone is okay, MVAs can change you life in a heartbeat. you'll find a new truck, keep on keeping on!

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
Here is one way to look at it. No vehicle payments will help you catch-up in any way that you need too.

OP
OP
Bashell

Bashell

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Software Engineer
Have you looked Northwest Motorsports? They have a few that looked decently priced https://www.nwmsrocks.com/inventory?s=ranger
I’ve purchased from them before. Cool dealership, but I really want another Tremor. Preferably AGM, Cactus, or Red Pepper.

I might fly somewhere and drive it home if I can find the right price. I’ve done that before and it’s pretty enjoyable, but I’m certainly not flying 800 miles to pay anything over MSRP.

I’m currently sitting in a rented Jetta though and I don’t want to piss away $250/week on this thing so I’m trying to wrap things up sooner rather than later.

Jhbryaniv

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger Tremor
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks. It’s actually really nice to read that.

Venting moment incoming…

It’s been a really rough year. In January, I was laid off from Google after working there for over 10 years. In February, my youngest child spent multiple days in the ICU at Seattle Children’s after a severe asthma attack. In March I got shingles (and I’m only 42!) AND my truck got totaled on the same day…

But even with all the suck I’ve maintained a good attitude. Started a new job yesterday, my truck’s totaled but it protected my amazing wife. Life’s good.
There isn't a support emoji, but I'm glad you've started a new gig.

I know it's difficult these days.

And no, I'm not letting your wife borrow my baby...

The mavericks look so tiny...
PXL_20230411_131339854.jpg

stringbreaker

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
I’ve purchased from them before. Cool dealership, but I really want another Tremor. Preferably AGM, Cactus, or Red Pepper.

I might fly somewhere and drive it home if I can find the right price. I’ve done that before and it’s pretty enjoyable, but I’m certainly not flying 800 miles to pay anything over MSRP.

I’m currently sitting in a rented Jetta though and I don’t want to piss away $250/week on this thing so I’m trying to wrap things up sooner rather than later.
You are the first person I've heard that had a good experience with them usually they are really high pressure from what I have heard. Maybe Dave Smith in Idaho?

RDJTX

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger 2023 Ford Edge 1995 Cobra
Occupation
IT Demi-God
I paid $46k plus tax and licensing. Insurance company offered $52k so… yeah, but I can really only get that price if I ordered direct again.
there are some nice Rangers out there like mine for that price for example: https://www.berkshirehathawayautomo...d-Ranger-2f0fa7530a0e0a9a4eb7fc96cc0c3d28.htm

I will also say I have a friend whose family owns Anderson Ford Just outside of KC. He can do a nationwide search and get you exactly what you want shipped to your house or the nearest dealer

OP
OP
Bashell

Bashell

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Software Engineer
I will also say I have a friend whose family owns Anderson Ford Just outside of KC. He can do a nationwide search and get you exactly what you want shipped to your house or the nearest dealer
that sounds like a good option

Friday yet?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Tremor, Focus ST
Occupation
Corporate drone. Dilbert's world is alive & well.
that sucks . hope she is okay and nobody else was hurt. Well, maybe I would like the idiot who ran the stop sign to have a headache for about an hour, as punishment, but that's all...
Needs to be a bit longer than an hour. We are talking about a Ranger.

Friday yet?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Tremor, Focus ST
Occupation
Officially totaled. Now I’m in the market for a new (or gently used) truck… ?
I am just amazed at how quickly and easily they total vehicles these days. I remember in the old days fighting with insurance companies and they just wouldn't total shit. They'd expect you to rebuild 3/4 of the damn thing... and use generic parts.

Really glad the wife was ok. Bottom line, that is ALL that matters.

Theslim_spaydee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT (she gone) 2022 BD Bronco
Occupation
Finance
I am just amazed at how quickly and easily they total vehicles these days. I remember in the old days fighting with insurance companies and they just wouldn't total shit. They'd expect you to rebuild 3/4 of the damn thing... and use generic parts.

Yeah they total things quick now. It is a pain in the ass even to attempt to get the parts 90% of the time. Then you are dealing with crazy pricing. God forbid you damage the electronics.

Someone will rebuild the tremor just will not be on the insurance companies dime.

Jhbryaniv

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger Tremor
Vehicle Showcase

Have you tried to price out parts for a repair that includes body damage these days?

If you can get them.

I remember in autobody class we would learn how to put panels back to the right shape and bondo them... But no one wants to spend the time doing that because it's expensive to do right. It's cheaper, most of the time, to just replace parts.

Heck, I replaced my entire wheel hub on my subi because it was ~100 bucks vs 60 for the bearing +the puller and press to put it in. ?

Friday yet?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Tremor, Focus ST
Occupation
Have you tried to price out parts for a repair that includes body damage these days?

If you can get them.

I remember in autobody class we would learn how to put panels back to the right shape and bondo them... But no one wants to spend the time doing that because it's expensive to do right. It's cheaper, most of the time, to just replace parts.

Heck, I replaced my entire wheel hub on my subi because it was ~100 bucks vs 60 for the bearing +the puller and press to put it in. ?
Good point!

Reactions: Doc
OP
OP
Bashell

Bashell

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Software Engineer
I mean, I’m half glad that it got totaled. A repair of that magnitude would take months with the parts and labor shortages and likely will never be the same. If someone repairs it, it’ll have a salvage title and likely many minor issues that’ll never go away.

Jhbryaniv

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger Tremor
Vehicle Showcase
I mean, I’m half glad that it got totaled. A repair of that magnitude would take months with the parts and labor shortages and likely will never be the same. If someone repairs it, it’ll have a salvage title and likely many minor issues that’ll never go away.
I mean, my truck was <400 miles and had to go back in for several issues... The least of which required a dash pull...
Sponsored