My wife wants me to trade my baby in for a new one… crazy ?

JesseS

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT FX4, Jayco 26' Class A
Occupation
Retired, work is a four letter word.
I have a hard time (can’t stand for long with my back) with the whole “combat fishing” thing. Fishing halibut down in Homer is so fun though. A few years ago I had a proxy tag that my brolaw used, I think I got 20 sockeye filets… so good.
I went out of Homer a few times with a group of friends for Halibut, like reeling a sheet of plywood. I remember the 'combat fishing' runs, off work, drive, fish, drive, work. HAHA! Lord help you if you picked the wrong streach of river on the wrong day! Rules were crazy!

txquailguy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Lariat - 2020 Hyundai Kona Ultimate
Occupation
Biologist
Vehicle Showcase
Mrs. QuailGuy would go for a second Ranger in a minute. Thing is....I do not want to buy another vehicle right now.....just not the right time in my book unless you really need to make a move.

Montana Ranger

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
have you heard about the used car sales bubble?
This morning I was doing my annual year-end bookkeeping chores, one of which is accounting for depreciation of our cars. I have a 31-year-old "classic" that stopped depreciating 10 years ago and has been appreciating since. No surprise there. Typically, I've been expecting our 10-year-old Subaru to depreciate about $2,000-a-year. Surprise, this year it went up $2,000 in value!

Then there is my 2019 Ranger Lariat. (Lightning Blue, which my wife did encourage me to buy) It went up over $10,000 this year, and is now worth more than I paid for it over 2 years ago.

It's crazy out there.

JesseS

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT FX4, Jayco 26' Class A
Occupation
Retired, work is a four letter word.
Last time I was down in Cooper Landing they have a spot that is supposed to be reserved for cripples like myself… kept getting pushed by tourists. It was annoying, but even more fun was the grizzly bear that made us move.
I will be traveling back with some friends in our RV's this summer. At least we are in the planing stages, not sure how Covid will affect the border crossings. I will be towing the Ranger, how are the roads, still crap?