Ford wants to borrow my Ranger for emissions testing

Pinski66

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus
A couple weeks ago, I got a letter from Ford and Roush. They are contacting owners of 2021 Rangers within the Detroit area, to participate in " In-use vehicle emission program" . They test your truck for about 3 weeks, give you a new model year loaner, $200.00, and a full tank of gas. Anyone ever participate in anything like this with Ford?
I mailed the card in that I'm interested. I havent been driving the ranger much this year. I had surgery for a torn triceps in February and hip resurface in May. Its hard to get into with crutches, so I wont miss it much.
Sponsored

Grumpaw

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Sport Supercab
Occupation
Navy Vet., Retired Police Sgt.
Im a skeptic with so many things, and I know the scams are just getting better and better

I imagine you'll lose your truck in a sea can headed overseas, and the loaner you get will actually be a rental under your name.
By the time you figure it out, some Russian soldier will be launching rockets with it.
This might be week #2 of testing, in dry climates with lots of sand !!!

c7ec9085d9e5493591592a171af25c11.jpg

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
Im a skeptic with so many things, and I know the scams are just getting better and better

I imagine you'll lose your truck in a sea can headed overseas, and the loaner you get will actually be a rental under your name.
By the time you figure it out, some Russian soldier will be launching rockets with it.
I laughed at your post RP, but I have become quite skeptic of things like that myself. If it were me they would have to drive up in the new loaner before they could even get the keys to mine. :)

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I laughed at your post RP, but I have become quite skeptic of things like that myself. If it were me they would have to drive up in the new loaner before they could even get the keys to mine. :)
Right! Plus add a whole lot more money if they want to use my truck as a test dummy. I've seen how they treat customers who's Broncos were damaged from their shippers. Let's just say they don't go out of their way to fix them quickly for them.

Erik @Pinski66 I think I'd give this a hard pass. I think you'd have better luck making some extra money playing the lottery. lol

Carmell269

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Electric motor mechanic
My bud in Michigan had a similar request in the late 80’s from Ford to use his Mustang for a couple weeks. They ended up replacing the manual transmission and clutch before returning it. All he knew was it was being tested at one of the proving grounds and when he got it back it was clean with no obvious signs of use.

JasonTremor

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor XLT
Interesting they are wanting to sample some vehicles in the wild as opposed to new 22's coming off the line. I'll be watching the news to see if they get tagged like VW or Fiat Chrysler.

ROBERTECOX

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger lariat 2wd sport pkg
Occupation
US ARMY (RETIRED)
hold out for a damper!!!

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
Has Rousch ever released their tunes for '21?

Did they miss out on new models and need one to write a tune for '21s?