My wife wants me to trade my baby in for a new one… crazy ?

Figarou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Edge ST, 2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
But I don’t like the look of the 23… this is interesting info, and more reason to do my research. You think a 21 or 22 would be a better way to go?

Here's what I think of it. Rangers in the past has had many cosmetic changes. For example....the taillights for the 1999-2000 model years.

1999 has amber turn signals.
shopping.png

2000 no amber turn signals
shopping (1).png

It's been 3 years and I haven't seen changes on any part of the vehicle.

Sure...new trim levels are out. (Tremor) I can convert mine to perform like one if I wanted to.

So, would I trade in a 2019 for a 2022 if no cosmetic changes was made? Of course not. I have the Lariat. Maybe XL to Lariat. Not Lariat to Lariat.

As for the new design..................

maxresdefault.jpg

That front bumper doesn't meet American standards. So the U.S. version will look a bit different. Don't go by that picture. Wait until you actually see the U.S. version.
Sponsored

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
Here's what I think of it. Rangers in the past has had many cosmetic changes. For example....the taillights for the 1999-2000 model years.

1999 has amber turn signals.
shopping.png

2000 no amber turn signals
shopping (1).png

It's been 3 years and I haven't seen changes on any part of the vehicle.

Sure...new trim levels are out. (Tremor) I can convert mine to perform like one if I wanted to.

So, would I trade in a 2019 for a 2022 if no cosmetic changes was made? Of course not. I have the Lariat. Maybe XL to Lariat. Not Lariat to Lariat.

As for the new design..................

maxresdefault.jpg

That front bumper doesn't meet American standards. So the U.S. version will look a bit different. Don't go by that picture. Wait until you actually see the U.S. version.
dats kinda ugly. i hope the usa version looks better.

JeeperCreeper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep + Ranger Tremor
1. If you're ordering, go XPlan. That's the only way I got a good deal in this market.

2. Tremor Lariat over XLT might be worth it for leather seats and push button start.

3. Used car market may have slowed down to here quite a bit.

4. Whatchu want for that cap?

JeeperCreeper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep + Ranger Tremor
@JeeperCreeper Dont think I can get Xplan, looking at Costco Auto.
Mustang club is a way people go.

I bought up a bunch of Ford stock during the "Covid crash" to quality for X-Plan as well. I think you only need it for 6 months and they only need X-Plan info when you get it.

But their stock is super high, so that's not a good option.

Look into the mustang club membership.

Figarou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Edge ST, 2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Oh Gosh…. there is a 21 Lariat Tremor in Carbon Grey - in transit that doesn’t have a new owner yet…. Hmm, going to stop by the dealership on Friday and take a walk around and drive of their current and identical black one.

I’m not quite ready, but after watching some videos, the Tremor is where I think I will land. What a bad ass truck.

XLT to a Lariat Tremor is something I would do.

Not Lariat to Lariat.

As for the leather seats, the only drawback is the sagging seat after time. There is a way to prevent that. You have to do this day one. All you need is a seat cushion that's very firm. It distributes your weight evenly. Sure, it's uncomfortable at 1st. It beats leaving a butt impression.

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
Looks like a great deal, the Ford website won’t let me price out a new 22 build?
You can send your build to Granger if you like, and they will give you a price on a '22. The dealers have the pricing now.

JohnnyO

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger STX 4x4
Occupation
Asst. Greenskeeper, Bushwood Country Club
.what is xplan?
Discount where you pay something like a flat 1% over invoice. I get it with my employer. I went to the dealer with every intention of ordering a new STX 4x4 in blue with the tow package. But on the used lot was a 2020 STX 4x4 in blue with the tow package, only 5000 miles, PO decided it wasn't big enough and traded it after 5 months on an F-150. Cost a bit less than a 2021 with X-Plan, this was right before used car prices took a jump.

FasterGT350

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach1, 2022 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Quality Control
You can send your build to Granger if you like, and they will give you a price on a '22. The dealers have the pricing now.
The dealers have the pricing but it is all the accessories that I am interested in. The Price and Build site will open up on January 24, that is what I am waiting for, to get everything at once.

DapperDean

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat Sport 4x4
Wait for the 2023 redesign on the Bronco platform - then it will be worth it!

ljames

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jameselectronics.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger 4x4 FX4, 2011 CRV,1998 Ford E250 super
Occupation
contractor
Funny she says that, I felt the same way about the Blue I love it but then think it would grow old.

JesseS

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT FX4, Jayco 26' Class A
Occupation
Retired, work is a four letter word.
Hang in there. When you least expect it, that’s when it’ll happen.
I was single at 50 :facepalm: and figured I would be that way to the end, then met the most awesome woman ever at a friends birthday party, we have now been married for 21 years and going strong, it will be like @Tracy Bowman said, when you least expect it. I know I took one look at her across the room and prayed she was not married :)

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
My wife loves our Ranger Lariat, but now she wants a Bronco! Go figure! (Still, it is better than the alternative, which is that the wife hates our rides, right?)
i secretly want a bronco i just dont say it around the rangers..

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
I was single at 50 :facepalm: and figured I would be that way to the end, then met the most awesome woman ever at a friends birthday party, we have now been married for 21 years and going strong, it will be like @Tracy Bowman said, when you least expect it. I know I took one look at her across the room and prayed she was not married :)
hope so, now how do i make it convincing that im not expecting but totally trying lol.

JesseS

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT FX4, Jayco 26' Class A
Occupation
Retired, work is a four letter word.
She just knows how I drive and with all the other mods, she’s like, “ it’s anchorage, everybody is going to recognize you.” She has a point, I do like anonymity.
I spent 3 years at Richardson...... nuff said :)
Sponsored