Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Black Supercrew
Occupation
Collision Repair Instructor
Vehicle Showcase
Yes.most likely, there will be a bend in the frame forward of the suspension. Don’t Worry about this! She will straighten up just fine and will have No I’ll effects in terms of handling or safety. Front ends are designed to “move around” in collisions (I will not use the word Crumple here as it wasn’t that severe of an impact). Suspension components are designed to break away like that as well absorbing a ton of kinetic energy. This energy absorption is why so many folks walk away with fewer injuries these days in these type of collisions.

Have a good shop fix er up and keep on truckin.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Bashell

Bashell

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Software Engineer
Officially totaled. Now I’m in the market for a new (or gently used) truck… ?

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Officially totaled. Now I’m in the market for a new (or gently used) truck… ?
Considering the still crazy market, did insurance make you right with the payout?

OP
OP
Bashell

Bashell

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Software Engineer
Please define "Gently Used"
Under 20k miles?
I’m not entirely sure. I know I don’t want to wait 4 months to order another truck from the factory, and I don’t particularly want to spend more than I did for my “perfectly specced out truck”.

OP
OP
Bashell

Bashell

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Software Engineer
Considering the still crazy market, did insurance make you right with the payout?
I paid $46k plus tax and licensing. Insurance company offered $52k so… yeah, but I can really only get that price if I ordered direct again.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
I paid $46k plus tax and licensing. Insurance company offered $52k so… yeah, but I can really only get that price if I ordered direct again.
Well, given the order banks are closed for the 23 MY and the 24 MY has not been officially announced, I'm pretty sure ordering would be longer than 4 months. You will most likely need to either find something used or find dealer stock somewhere.

That really sucks.....Sorry.....

subquark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Soupie! Race Red '22 XL 101A Scab 4X2 w/steelies
Occupation
game publisher
Bah on it being totaled. But ... it sounds like decent insurance company and it seems like your wife's okay, so time to get that new truck anticipation all over again! (look, trying to put a positive spin on it, or you could just have some Jack until everything feels better - or do both!).

Now that you're in the market again, make sure to get Race Red! =p

Seriously, I'd be really bummed too, and I'm bummed for you, this really sucks, but you have all us goofballs wise and compassionate folks to help you get another one.

Keep us informed and good luck!

wake up Soupie, just a bad dream

1681253380079.png

OP
OP
Bashell

Bashell

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Software Engineer
That really sucks.....Sorry.....
Thanks. It’s actually really nice to read that.

Venting moment incoming…

It’s been a really rough year. In January, I was laid off from Google after working there for over 10 years. In February, my youngest child spent multiple days in the ICU at Seattle Children’s after a severe asthma attack. In March I got shingles (and I’m only 42!) AND my truck got totaled on the same day…

But even with all the suck I’ve maintained a good attitude. Started a new job yesterday, my truck’s totaled but it protected my amazing wife. Life’s good.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase

Venting moment incoming…

It’s been a really rough year. In January, I was laid off from Google after working there for over 10 years. In February, my youngest child spent multiple days in the ICU at Seattle Children’s after a severe asthma attack. In March I got shingles (and I’m only 42!) AND my truck got totaled on the same day…

But even with all the suck I’ve maintained a good attitude. Started a new job yesterday, my truck’s totaled but it protected my amazing wife. Life’s good.
Vent away!

Yeah, it hasn't been a good year - but on the bright side, your child, you and your wife are OK - Trucks/things can be replaced....

Hopefully your new job is better than your old one!

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase

Venting moment incoming…

Sorry to hear all this but you might have a future as a country music song writer.

New job, good insurance offer - there’s a silver lining starting to show in there somewhere. I hope your youngest is doing well now. Here’s to better days ahead. ?

Hickesy

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger 2021 STX SuperCab 4x4

Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 HPP Mustang, 2021 Ranger STX,2022 Subaru WRX
Occupation
Retired

Venting moment incoming…

Blessings ..
Sponsored