First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Service advisor
Keep the Black and have it professionally coated. It makes taking care of black MUCH easier.

Besides, you will get raped trying to buy a new Ranger right now IF you can find one.
Mine is CQuartz coated. ??‍♂
Sponsored

MagneticRanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCab FX4
I'm enjoying my Iconic Silver Tremor....so much so I haven't had enough time to figure out how to change my username and avatar yet....

Not trying to sway you away from the Tremor....but...if unique colors are on the brain...Ford for 2022 has brought back the splash package.... exclusive wheel, striping, interior accents....as for paint...I didn't dig real deep but still seems kind of under wraps still...sounds like splash rangers will be a limited production run....beginning with one exclusive paint color for a few months to be ordered followed by another exclusive paint choice for the next run...I have no idea if one can find out what color selections there will be. A quick search online showed a carbo grey, velocity blue, cyber orange and hot pepper red paint schemes but those aren't really exclusive colors...so not sure if they are just prototypes or not. *Correction* as per my provided article the splash package can be added to any paint color for the 2022 year XLT or Lariat...but there will be a "Ford Ranger Splash Limited Edition" which will be small batch runs with unique exclusive paint colors.

Can you also add the tremor package to a splash package ??? I have no idea about that but your supposed to be able to add FX4 to a splash so it might not be out of the realm.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/fordau...ted-edition-models-will-offer-new-colors/amp/

Last edited:

daniel3507

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4
Literally any color that isn't black. Black probably looks better than any color when it's clean and in good shape, but it can be incredibly time consuming to keep it that way. Swirl marks everywhere no matter how careful you are.

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
white is safe and easy to keep. black oh looks nice for about ten minutes then looks like road rash lol. the red emmm. red is sexy and gets attention !

CODave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lariat FX4 Crew Cab
I owned a black vehicle once, and will never own another. Black looks great for about 10 minutes until the first bug splat.

Living in Colorado, on a dirt road, no black. Under the blazing Western sunshine, definitely no black.

Brad-Dallas

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Tremor - Black
So I want opinions. Thinking about trading in my shadow black 2020 Ranger Lariat FX4 (501a) for… ANOTHER RANGER! I like everything about my truck other than the constant task of keeping it clean and scratch free. I want to trade for a white or bright red Ranger Sport FX4 or Ranger tremor. Thoughts? Here is my truck, and examples of what I want to trade for. (My mods will be moved over to new truck if not a tremor)

BAB85476-836B-495C-807B-277A1016E09A.jpeg

1E350552-2B0D-47BF-8843-2E4CA74CE4A8.jpeg

C5757E6D-5377-405E-A540-A4BDA50582D0.jpeg
Funny thing you posted this.... read my posting from today... I think I read your mind... lol

Brad-Dallas

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I owned a black vehicle once, and will never own another. Black looks great for about 10 minutes until the first bug splat.

Living in Colorado, on a dirt road, no black. Under the blazing Western sunshine, definitely no black.
It is the most insane color to keep looking nice. I swear to God you can scratch the truck just by looking at it. It looks amazing for about 20 minutes after you wash and detail it.

Markubis

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger XLT, Volkswagon Tiguan, Can Am Ryker
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
I'd go Cactus Gray. It's a lighter color like white so it will stay clean looking. There's already too many white and silver cars on the roads now.

landiscarrier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat, Focus ST
Occupation
Sales
I had one black vehicle in my life (88 Mustang LX 5.0. Bought in new in 88). My one and only black car….they look great when clean but so hard to keep clean!

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond
Carbonized Grey stays clean looking longer than black, and gives a 2ft deep shine when clean and polished. I almost ordered mine in Cactus Grey, but after seeing it live on a SuperCab, I decided against it; looks better on a Screw. Silver hides everyday road grime the best, followed by white. If Area 51 would've been available on a Ranger in 2021, I'd have gotten it.

Todd Chapin

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 crewcab lariat fx4
Occupation
Chef
Lariat package so you can get triple platinum and all the other goodies

EDIT..just realized no mas triple platinum. One more reason to love my 2019 lariat

20220315_171316.jpg

Brad-Dallas

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Carbonized Grey stays clean looking longer than black, and gives a 2ft deep shine when clean and polished. I almost ordered mine in Cactus Grey, but after seeing it live on a SuperCab, I decided against it; looks better on a Screw. Silver hides everyday road grime the best, followed by white. If Area 51 would've been available on a Ranger in 2021, I'd have gotten it.
I saw the area 51 color on the new Bronco… Damn that was a good-looking color. But they only offer that color on that.

Cabose-1

First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger XLT FX2
Occupation
Student
All trucks get scratched and dirty if you use them like trucks.

No, it does not mean scratch it in purpose, but when carrying logs, even as i lay them in the bed it gets scratches or dents, same as towing, or going to the deer lease. I cut branches down, but i still get pin striping. I get in mud, rocks hit the side. Then i wash and clean it. Repeat again, go fishing at the lake, it may get a scratch or two. Not on purpose, i still care for it.

But it is like buying a shovel, then getting mad it gets scratched digging a hole.

I have my mazda 3 that does not hunt, work, tow, thus gets no scratches, stays clean, unmuddy, undented.

I enjoy my truck at least. I would not trade mine in for a different color.

20220313_101922.jpg

bRaptor

First Name
Ward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT tremor
White or cactus gray. Cactus gray hides dirt almost as good as the silver.
Sponsored