Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Chrome Iconic Silver
Occupation
COO of Dave's DeeZee Enterprising
Vehicle Showcase
A couple images from front and rear cams day and night driving.

REC_2021_06_12_12_33_28_F_2366.png

REC_2021_06_12_12_33_28_R_1963.png

REC_2021_06_11_20_36_13_R_4446.png

REC_2021_06_11_20_36_13_F_5166.png
Dave, can you get an outside shot front/back of installed cams?
Sponsored

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Terry here's a couple but they're not the best. The front had a lot of glare with the sun out and I just took one of the back but it's to dark. You really cant see the back one much during the day with the tinted sliding window. I'll try and get some better ones tomorrow morning.

IMG_4200.jpg

IMG_4254.jpg

Reactions: FoD

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Terry, here's a couple better pictures I took this morning from the outside. On the rear cam I placed it on the sliding window as I never use it but if you needed to you can just unplug the cam and still slide the window.

IMG_4256.jpg

IMG_4255.jpg

Reactions: FoD

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Terry, here's a couple better pictures I took this morning from the outside. On the rear cam I placed it on the sliding window as I never use it but if you needed to you can just unplug the cam and still slide the window.

IMG_4256.jpg

IMG_4255.jpg
Thanks, was trying to get a "real" idea of how it looks. I see you got the radar unit too? Do you feel any visual blocking from the camera while driving?

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
All of my previous Rangers had sliding rear windows - used them all the time, especially with a canopy/topper. I’d slip mouldings, trim boards, paver edging, etc. through into to passenger side so I could close the topper window.

One time, I had a stack of Trex composite deck boards resting on the dash, right up against the windshield. That crap is heavy……and flexible. Told myself “I’m not going far, it’ll be fine”. First bump, CCCRRRRAAAACCCKKKKK!

$400 later, I had a new windshield. ?

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
All of my previous Rangers had sliding rear windows - used them all the time, especially with a canopy/topper. I’d slip mouldings, trim boards, paver edging, etc. through into to passenger side so I could close the topper window.

One time, I had a stack of Trex composite deck boards resting on the dash, right up against the windshield. That crap is heavy……and flexible. Told myself “I’m not going far, it’ll be fine”. First bump, CCCRRRRAAAACCCKKKKK!

$400 later, I had a new windshield. ?
Best laid plans....:crazy:

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Thanks, was trying to get a "real" idea of how it looks. I see you got the radar unit too? Do you feel any visual blocking from the camera while driving?
I thought it would but I don't even notice them there at all. The camera is supposed to be as centrally located as possible and you can see from the pics it's perfect there. I hated spending the money but after seeing the differences watching YouTube videos I'm glad I did. What good is a cam if you cant make out the vehicle or persons face? How many times have you watched the news and they show you some awful grainy convenience store video and ask..."have you seen this person" ? :facepalm:

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I thought it would but I don't even notice them there at all. The camera is supposed to be as centrally located as possible and you can see from the pics it's perfect there. I hated spending the money but after seeing the differences watching YouTube videos I'm glad I did. What good is a cam if you cant make out the vehicle or persons face? How many times have you watched the news and they show you some awful grainy convenience store video and ask..."have you seen this person" ? :facepalm:
1623712850141.png

:LOL:

Sashimi_Moto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 E450 C-Class, 2019 Ranger Lariat 501A FX4
Put me in the BlackVue camp. I have the front/rear setup with the power magic pro that allows me to record while park until the battery reaches a certain voltage. Love it.

They now fancy ones with cloud storage, 4k, Cloud access and even battery add ons for 12-24 hour parking recording.

I need to add one to my RV before I drive across the country this fall.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Put me in the BlackVue camp. I have the front/rear setup with the power magic pro that allows me to record while park until the battery reaches a certain voltage. Love it.

They now fancy ones with cloud storage, 4k, Cloud access and even battery add ons for 12-24 hour parking recording.

I need to add one to my RV before I drive across the country this fall.
The one thing I really like about the new Blackvue 4K cam it the ability to view over LTE. If you get a parking notification you're able to check it instantly from your phone. With the Thinkware the only way to do this is through a wifi hotspot.

Sashimi_Moto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 E450 C-Class, 2019 Ranger Lariat 501A FX4
Only when people quote my posts do I realize how bad my proof reading is. Yes, I did proof read that and thought it was acceptable. Holy moly.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Only when people quote my posts do I realize how bad my proof reading is. Yes, I did proof read that and thought it was acceptable. Holy moly.
Lol I usually have to go back and edit some of my posts as my fingers type faster than my brain. I've had insomnia for over a month now so I'm using that as my excuse. :crazy:

rcairflr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4
Occupation
retired
This thread has been around awhile. I'm wondering if the Op ever bought a Dash cam?

rcairflr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4
Occupation
retired
IDK but we all did. lol
I've had dash cams in my vehicles going on over 7 years. I am a big fan of Garmin and Thinkware. Both have been flawless. Garmin looking forward and Thinkware looking aft.
Sponsored