First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I've had dash cams in my vehicles going on over 7 years. I am a big fan of Garmin and Thinkware. Both have been flawless. Garmin looking forward and Thinkware looking aft.

This is my first one and so far I'm loving it. The clarity is excellent and the added piece of mind knowing everything is being recorded is nice especially the way people drive around here.
Sponsored

rcairflr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4
Occupation
retired
This is my first one and so far I'm loving it. The clarity is excellent and the added piece of mind knowing everything is being recorded is nice especially the way people drive around here.
Dec 2019 I was in an accident. The other guy ran a red light and totalled my wifes car. He tried to say he wasn't sure he actually ran the red light. But the dash cam said different. His insurance paid everything.

Tom_C

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCab FX4
Occupation
System Admin
I haven't needed to review footage except once when a deer jumped out in front of my outback. The footage didn't capture the pure oh-chit moment and the sound of the stuff flying forward in the car while I broke hard. The deer also had it's own oh-chit moment when it's hind legged slipped on the asphalt and it barely made it out of the way in time.

rcairflr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4
Occupation
retired
I haven't needed to review footage except once when a deer jumped out in front of my outback. The footage didn't capture the pure oh-chit moment and the sound of the stuff flying forward in the car while I broke hard. The deer also had it's own oh-chit moment when it's hind legged slipped on the asphalt and it barely made it out of the way in time.
Be sure and review the videos once in awhile. The micro SD cards can go bad. Just like everything else, the memory has a limited lifetime

lawrench

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat SCrew FX4 Lightning Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Has anyone looked at the Ford Dash Cams? I am looking at that for my Ranger. I saw a video (Asia) that it ties into the Sync3 for viewing. I am hoping that someone went with the Ford Cams and can give a review of sorts...

Housemanager

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Supercab Ranger
AZ, question. How did you attach the rear facing camera to the rear window. Trying not to interfere with defogger lines, and have not come up with a solution.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
AZ, question. How did you attach the rear facing camera to the rear window. Trying not to interfere with defogger lines, and have not come up with a solution.

Mine just fit between the lines. There's no need for the rear defroster here so it might be touching a little.

IMG_4867.jpg

subquark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Soupie! Race Red '22 XL 101A Scab 4X2 w/steelies
Occupation
game publisher
After having it installed now for a couple weeks I really like the Thinkware U1000. The only feature I really wish it had was the LTE and being able to view your footage and parking without having to be on wifi. Other than that the clarity is excellent with the front 4K camera and the rear 1080 camera.

Some install pictures. I wanted all the excess wire to be behind the rear seat. I connected the rear cam wire and played everything lose to the front cam. I ran the front camera wire first tucking into the headliner and around the A-pillar, across the top door rubber strip to the B-pillar, down and across the floor under the sill plate, back up the rear door rubber strip to where the plastic splits than down and behind the rear seat. The rear cam wire was already ran down the headliner and tucked down through the plastic where it separates and down behind the rear seat where I zip tied it off out of the way.

IMG_4197.jpg

IMG_4196.jpg

IMG_4193.jpg

IMG_4194.jpg

For power I went with a ODB cable as I don't plan on using any extra backup battery. You can still use parking mode with this as it has constant power unlike the 12v plug where it powers down after 20 minutes or so. This was super easy as you just plug it into the camera and run it across the headliner, around the A-pillar, down the door rubber to where the plastic splits and across to the port. What I like with this set up is if you're not going to be driving for a while you can just unplug it easily so you're not just filming your garage wall every time it senses movement.

IMG_4219.jpg
Thanks for the pics, this looks like a pretty straightforward installation (read: I *think* I can tackle it).

Oh boy, I better have my wife start hiding my wallet ... =D

subquark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
game publisher
A couple images from front and rear cams day and night driving.

REC_2021_06_12_12_33_28_F_2366.png

REC_2021_06_12_12_33_28_R_1963.png

REC_2021_06_11_20_36_13_R_4446.png

REC_2021_06_11_20_36_13_F_5166.png
Wow, it really does an excellent job. Nice quality on the night images too!

Okay, It's official, I'm salivating to get this! Thanks ... =p

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Wow, it really does an excellent job. Nice quality on the night images too!

Okay, It's official, I'm salivating to get this! Thanks ... =p
I was looking at cheaper dash cams at first then I watched a ton of videos and saw how good this one was. The clarity is really great with this cam and was worth the extra money. If you sign up for email alerts on the Blackboxmycar sight they'll send you coupon codes and alerts when they have sales. I'm sure they'll have one this weekend with Fathers Day coming up.

Always happy to help others spend their money.?

subquark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
game publisher
I was looking at cheaper dash cams at first then I watched a ton of videos and saw how good this one was. The clarity is really great with this cam and was worth the extra money. If you sign up for email alerts on the Blackboxmycar sight they'll send you coupon codes and alerts when they have sales. I'm sure they'll have one this weekend with Fathers Day coming up.

Always happy to help others spend their money.?
Crud ... =p

Signing up now and great point on Father's Day deals!

GTGallop

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.qrz.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4 SOLD - Now 2023 TRD Offroad
Occupation
Program Manager
Saw this little gem pop up in my feed recently.

Chris M

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
Occupation
Security Supervisor
Saw this little gem pop up in my feed recently.
I actually watched that video last week sometime, and am still not sure what is a good camera to have. Seems all the ones he tried were the cheap/budget kind and the resolution was a wee bit sketchy (or did I miss something?). If you NEED video of something from the car, chances are good you NEED to be able to read a street sign, road sign, or license plate pretty clearly.
Sponsored