First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Sport XLT
Occupation
Commercial Driving Instructor
Hey all, I've honestly searched only 3 pages for dash cams but wanted some newer model suggestions. I'm not very tech savy so I'm looking for simplicity. I would like a front and rear view (without the cabin) and if possible a continuous recording while the vehicle is parked.

What are you guys using and how does the rear cam mount? I have a solid rear window if that matters.

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
What price range are you looking at? I ask because these range from $99.00-$1000.00. I don't have one yet but after looking around a lot I'm pretty sure this is the one I'll get. IIRC someone on here has this one and the video is great! I'm interested to see what others have to say too because it's been a while since I looked into them.

https://www.amazon.com/BLACKVUE-DR9...1C6B5/ref=dp_prsubs_2?pd_rd_i=B07CZ1C6B5&th=1

OP
OP
Zeus

Zeus

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Sport XLT
Occupation
What price range are you looking at? I ask because these range from $99.00-$1000.00. I don't have one yet but after looking around a lot I'm pretty sure this is the one I'll get. IIRC someone on here has this one and the video is great! I'm interested to see what others have to say too because it's been a while since I looked into them.

https://www.amazon.com/BLACKVUE-DR9...1C6B5/ref=dp_prsubs_2?pd_rd_i=B07CZ1C6B5&th=1
Yeah my budget is on the lower end. If I can get a year or 2 out of a $200 model, I'm winning. Then upgrade as years go by.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Yeah my budget is on the lower end. If I can get a year or 2 out of a $200 model, I'm winning. Then upgrade as years go by.
I was thinking of doing the same as there's some good cheaper ones on Amazon with good reviews. But it seems when I do this I usually end up spending more in the long run so buy once cry once. lol

OP
OP
Zeus

Zeus

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Sport XLT
Occupation
I was thinking of doing the same as there's some good cheaper ones on Amazon with good reviews. But it seems when I do this I usually end up spending more in the long run so buy once cry once. lol
LOL I'm like that too with certain things. Like gym equipment or sporting goods. But never been the iphone upgrade ninja every 6 months. My iphone 7 does more than I can figure out.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
LOL I'm like that too with certain things. Like gym equipment or sporting goods. But never been the iphone upgrade ninja every 6 months. My iphone 7 does more than I can figure out.
I'm the same with my phone. We got a deal a couple years ago with a BOGO free iPhone8+ and as long as it works I'll keep it until it dies or you cant upgrade it anymore.

I has this one save in my Amazon, it has over 7,700 good reviews too.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07GRV85N...olid=23F2DD1VHYN09&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

OP
OP
Zeus

Zeus

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Sport XLT
Occupation
Is there one that is wifi so it can use the trucks hot spot to upload to the cloud?

Edit - I think the one linked above does.
I've been checking out youtube videos that shows different features but I don't trust half the reviewers opinions, most of them seem like salesmen. "Use the links below"...almost like a royalty.

OP
OP
Zeus

Zeus

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Sport XLT
Occupation

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Thanks for this link. This is exactly what I'm looking for. If it last a year...well worth the money to me.
If you end up getting it post back here how it works out. I may break my own rule and get it too. ?

OP
OP
Zeus

Zeus

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Sport XLT
Occupation
If you end up getting it post back here how it works out. I may break my own rule and get it too. ?
Yes for sure! If it sucks well it wasn't too expensive.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Yes for sure! If it sucks well it wasn't too expensive.
Good thing is Amazon takes just about everything back. Heck my gf called them to complain about their delivery guy. He threw a box which had EarPods in it for her daughters birthday on the ground out in the rain instead of putting them under the covered porch. She just wanted to let them know so he doesn't continue to do this and they credited her for the whole purchase. Worth a shot if it's junk. lol

OP
OP
Zeus

Zeus

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Sport XLT
Occupation
Good thing is Amazon takes just about everything back. Heck my gf called them to complain about their delivery guy. He threw a box which had EarPods in it for her daughters birthday on the ground out in the rain instead of putting them under the covered porch. She just wanted to let them know so he doesn't continue to do this and they credited her for the whole purchase. Worth a shot if it's junk. lol
So true! I'm reminded of the Netflix documentary "Minimalism". We sure do live in a world of "stuff" LOL

Danager

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Edge
Occupation
Manager
Watch the reviews on the cheap ones. They are useless if they cannot clearly record a license plate number. I have a BlackVue with dual cameras and a backup battery. It is probably more than I need. It is more than you want, so I won’t say you need that one. Just stay away from the dirt cheap ones, they are useless and a waste of money.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Watch the reviews on the cheap ones. They are useless if they cannot clearly record a license plate number. I have a BlackVue with dual cameras and a backup battery. It is probably more than I need. It is more than you want, so I won’t say you need that one. Just stay away from the dirt cheap ones, they are useless and a waste of money.
That's why I was waiting to purchase the BlackVue. The video was crystal clear and so was the night vision. But in Jays case a cheap one will get him buy for now and the reviews were good for what it is.

That's the reason I waited so long when I bought the cameras for my house. I was going to buy a cheap set at Costco but the video was very grainy. I ended up going with a much better commercial grade set up with 8 megapixel cameras. Overkill maybe but the night vision is 100 x's better than the day vision on the Costco ones.
Sponsored