Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.qrz.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4 SOLD - Now 2023 TRD Offroad
Occupation
Program Manager
I've got the Rexing model he mentioned. It is as bad as he says it is and yet it is also surprisingly good. No real complaints here.

I do wish that car manufacturers would let you get an integrated camera up in the top of the windshield area that was a better quality and al tucked in there. Probably cost them $100 and they could charge you $1000.

I think Tesla might be doing something like this.
Sponsored

stringbreaker

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Thinking I want a dash cam and wonder how many of you have such an item and what do you like or dislike about your particular cam. Installation difficulty or lack there of. Hard wire or USB I know absolutely nothing about them so teach me. :)

IdahoRanger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat SuperCrew FX4
Occupation
RETIRED
I have a really old cheapo Mobius camera and it does good. Probably not even made anymore. Adjusts well to different lighting conditions.

I ran a wire along the top of the windshield and down the driver side A-pillar, under dash and plugged into the 12 volt. Hard wiring is above my skill level.

Deer using crosswalk and off road videos.

Loweredon33s

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger
Occupation
Performance person
I have a Thinkware Q800 pro front and rear wired through my data link connector and all hidden wires. I love it and use it all the time.

ppfd

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tremor
Occupation
RN/Paramedic
I bought one at wal mart in the bargain bin for $15.00 I think it was. Has an app to go with it. Does the job. I’ve yet to actually tuck the wiring anywhere. It just hangs down from the mirror. ?
I would like to get one that does front and back one these days.

Danager

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Edge
Occupation
Manager
This can be quite the rabbit hole. Avoid the cheapest ones. A lot on here have had luck without breaking the bank. I have a BlackVue 750 2-channel. It is hardwired into a backup battery so I can record 24/7 without relying on the vehicle battery. I am happy with it. Great resolution with good lighting. The low light performance isn’t as good, but still enough to read a license plate. I’ve had this in three vehicles since 2018. Replaced the memory card twice. Now the backup battery really doesn’t hold a charge for long. I’m looking for a LiPo replacement mod for this one.

I would buy this again. Will upgrade with my next vehicle.

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Chrome Iconic Silver
Occupation
COO of Dave's DeeZee Enterprising
Vehicle Showcase

ControlNode

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
84 Civic "2000S"/16 Focus RS/21 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Computers
In my Civic I use to use for Pizza Delivery I have the Kenwood DRV-N520. HDR, HD and H.254 compression work really good. Being able to review it on the dash with the DDX9905S head unit makes quick reviews of impact events a breeze. All said and done, that head unit, dash cam and backup camera setup set me back about $1250. But adding Android Auto wireless to that old 98 Civic made it well worth the cost.
Sponsored

Last edited: