First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ranger Supercab (sold 12/19) , 2002 Honda CR-V
Occupation
Retired Firefighter III, Honolulu Fire Department
Newbe to dash cams here, has anyone setup this Ford accessory unit to their Ranger yet?

Dashcam - Infrared Rear View Camera Bundle
Part No: VHL3Z-19G490-E

I've questions about the parking surveillance mode, how it works and for how long.

Thanks!
Sponsored

auright808

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5G Ranger
Don't have the camera, but know a bit about it. Just note that there are 3 different versions of it, one with just a Forward Camera, one with a Forward Camera and Rearview Camera, then the one you posted, a Forward Camera and Interior Facing Camera.

The model being used I'm pretty sure is the Thinkware F200 https://us.thinkware.com/products-f200/
Looks like it can do impact detection or motion detection, or just continuous
https://mondosystemhelp.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360017925593-How-Parking-Mode-Works

OP
OP
Mokume

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ranger Supercab (sold 12/19) , 2002 Honda CR-V
Occupation
Retired Firefighter III, Honolulu Fire Department
Don't have the camera, but know a bit about it. Just note that there are 3 different versions of it, one with just a Forward Camera, one with a Forward Camera and Rearview Camera, then the one you posted, a Forward Camera and Interior Facing Camera.

The model being used I'm pretty sure is the Thinkware F200 https://us.thinkware.com/products-f200/
Looks like it can do impact detection or motion detection, or just continuous
https://mondosystemhelp.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360017925593-How-Parking-Mode-Works
Thanks for your reply,
Question though, judging by your handle, are you a displaced local living in MI now?
The picture of the system on the Ford accessory site does show it the be a Thinkware F200 camera, however I am looking at another model for upgraded resolution.
If you are local, Mahalo brah!

auright808

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5G Ranger
Thanks for your reply,
Question though, judging by your handle, are you a displaced local living in MI now?
The picture of the system on the Ford accessory site does show it the be a Thinkware F200 camera, however I am looking at another model for upgraded resolution.
If you are local, Mahalo brah!
Born and raised on the Big Island! Working at Ford now in Engineering in Michigan.

For some Dash cam info, this is a good site https://dashcamtalk.com/

Aloha

Dr.Me

First Name
Daven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Blackvue is the winner for resolution if that's what you want but it is a bit pricey and doesn't really offer much more than other dashcams can give. And tbh I also chose it because it just looks aesthetically nicer than all the other options...though no one else will probably look at it, I have to see it every time I drive. Good luck on your search

Gizmokid2005

Threads
Reaction score
Website
gizmokid2005.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4X4 SCrew
Occupation
SQL Developer
Vehicle Showcase
I run the Blackvue DR900S-2CH on mine. It was pricey, but overall I think it was worth it. The resolution is amazing and they're pretty easy to tuck out of the way and they're not harsh on the eyes.

jimconner20

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
toyota fx
Occupation
marketing
Im currently using the apeman dash cam. It was recommended to me by a close friend and I really liked using it. Id also recommend it to anyone whose looking for a dashcam. But if youre still looking for more options, check this helpful site.

Last edited:

THLONE

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Chev C-20, 2019 Ford Ranger XL 4X4
Occupation
internet wise guy
Vehicle Showcase
I got the dash cam in Ford accessories with my Ford points. We went on a road trip that lasted all day. The little chip did not begin to record the whole trip and it beeped every time I hit a bump. You gotta watch what you say also LOL.

Sparky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Retired
I also run Blackvue twin dash cams -- DR900S-2CH IR. A snap to install .. 10 minutes tops.

I can also turn off the microphone - But prefer it on just in case .. ..

I power off one of the 2 12v Power points on the center dash -- And have re-programmed the timer to 18 hours .. .. Thus allowing Parking Mode to function overnight. Battery drain for this period is .49V

pull string get cookies

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 White Platinum
Vehicle Showcase
I also run Blackvue twin dash cams -- DR900S-2CH IR. A snap to install .. 10 minutes tops.

I can also turn off the microphone - But prefer it on just in case .. ..

I power off one of the 2 12v Power points on the center dash -- And have re-programmed the timer to 18 hours .. .. Thus allowing Parking Mode to function overnight. Battery drain for this period is .49V
Thanks for sharing, I was wondering what the power consumption would be during Parking Mode. I ordered the DR900S-2CH, should be here by tomorrow.

Sparky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Retired
Sure thing -- I felt 18 hours would cover an overnight's stay at a Motel in Vegas .. .. Arrive early and depart late.

For Long Term Airport parking and keeping the Parking Mode active -- I have a Jackery that sits on the passenger floor and the 12v cord easily reaches. This should get me a couple of weeks power for the cams.

Hope you enjoy your Blackvue as much as I like mine -- I have them in 2 vehicles .. And have never had an issue.

Gizmokid2005

Threads
Reaction score
Website
gizmokid2005.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4X4 SCrew
Occupation
SQL Developer
Vehicle Showcase
Sure thing -- I felt 18 hours would cover an overnight's stay at a Motel in Vegas .. .. Arrive early and depart late.

For Long Term Airport parking and keeping the Parking Mode active -- I have a Jackery that sits on the passenger floor and the 12v cord easily reaches. This should get me a couple of weeks power for the cams.

Hope you enjoy your Blackvue as much as I like mine -- I have them in 2 vehicles .. And have never had an issue.
I love my DR900S-2Ch. I just finally got the hardwired kit installed under the dash, so I don't know what the longevity will be on it, but I'm glad it's done. It's not as clean as I want but it works.

IMG_20200708_115243.jpg

THLONE

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Chev C-20, 2019 Ford Ranger XL 4X4
Occupation
internet wise guy
Vehicle Showcase
For long trips capture I would have to change out the disc or get a disk with more capacity. If I was going to watch my vehicle long term I would use a game cam.
Sponsored