First Name
Wil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT Supercrew Cab FX4
Occupation
ENGINEER
Been using Fordpass for locking and unlocking the Ranger almost daily. Today I could not unlock, error message says (I don't remember the exact syntax) "system update requires manually unlocking truck and reset permissions on Sync3". Big WTF... My keys are inside the truck.

Fordpass assistance could not get it open either after removing and reinstalling the APP.

GOOD THING I HAD A DOOR KEY CUT AND HIDDEN UNDERNEATH!
Sponsored

Last edited:

halligan1201

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Emergency Management
Vehicle Showcase
Been using Fordpass for locking and unlocking the Ranger almost daily. Today I could not unlock, error message says (I don't remember the exact syntax) "system update requires manually unlocking truck and reset permissions on Sync3". Big WTF... My keys are inside the truck.

Fordpass assistance could not get it open either after removing and reinstalling the APP.

GOOD THING I HAD A DOOR KEY CUT AND HIDDEN UNDERNEATH!
Your dealer probably took too many Bronco orders and Ford had to do something to penalize you for that.

paval3

First Name
Val
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT Crewcab & 2003 Mountaineer Premier
I got a message today on FordPass saying:
Great news: Your My Ranger equipped with FordPass(TM) Connect has been updated to the latest software version. Simply start your vehicle to reactivate remote reatures including start/stop and lock/unlock*.
*Automatic transmissions and power door locks only.

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student

foxunderhill

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x4
Occupation
Soldier
I got locked out today too. Went out for a run this morning, let me lock the truck from the app, came back and it would not unlock. Had to get a ride home to get my other key fob. I'm never gonna trust this thing again.

VegasRanger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 STX Crew Cab 4x4
Occupation
Damper Salesman
I got a message today on FordPass saying:
Great news: Your My Ranger equipped with FordPass(TM) Connect has been updated to the latest software version. Simply start your vehicle to reactivate remote reatures including start/stop and lock/unlock*.
*Automatic transmissions and power door locks only.
I got the same message today when I was trying to unlock my truck because I had left my keys in the office and needed something in my truck. I was pissed. Ended up having to walk back all the way to my office to get my keys.

paval3

First Name
Val
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT Crewcab & 2003 Mountaineer Premier
I'm not one to carry my cell phone with me everywhere (like when I park, lock the truck and run into the store) and I don't have the keyless entry keypad so I have to make sure I take the key out of the ignition and take along with me. Haven't used the FordPass app for auto start or door unlock yet. I really do miss the keyless entry keypad like I have on my Mountaineer. I wonder if this software update affected using the keyless entry keypad??

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
Each time I start my Ranger, it presents me with the “Welcome to your connected car…” screen. In two years, I’ve never bothered to connect it or download the app. On occasion, I’ve wondered what I might be missing out on and consider connecting it.

Then I stumble upon a thread about Sync upgrade headaches and I’m not even sure if that works with the small 4” screen in my dash or not, but it sounds like a pain, so I forget about it for a while.

Then I come across this thread and think, ”Hmmm, maybe I’ve dodged a bullet.”

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
I'm not one to carry my cell phone with me everywhere (like when I park, lock the truck and run into the store) and I don't have the keyless entry keypad so I have to make sure I take the key out of the ignition and take along with me. Haven't used the FordPass app for auto start or door unlock yet. I really do miss the keyless entry keypad like I have on my Mountaineer. I wonder if this software update affected using the keyless entry keypad??
I always thought the keyless entry keypad was pretty much just a key fob with a passcode. Maybe others on here can confirm or enlighten.

got3fords

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT Sport
I always thought the keyless entry keypad was pretty much just a key fob with a passcode. Maybe others on here can confirm or enlighten.
That's pretty much it. I love mine. Use it all the time. Only take my key with me when I get home.
Sponsored