First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
I’ve been using mine to auto start weekdays for the past year for warmup before I go to work. This morning was the first time it didn’t start. After seeing this thread looks like I know why. Ford is messing with our heads now!
BA9A41DD-11FD-43BA-A3A5-A8CB609F2DE2.gif

HarryManback

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT Tremor
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Well this justifies my decision to get the wireless keypad. Locking the keys in the truck and relying on a cell phone signal always seemed like a gamble, but knowing that they will pull this kind of stunt proves you can never rely on the app to gain access to your vehicle.

I agree that there should have been ample warning that this was going to happen, it's going to push a lot of people to disable any automatic updates.

got3fords

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT Sport
Well this justifies my decision to get the wireless keypad. Locking the keys in the truck and relying on a cell phone signal always seemed like a gamble, but knowing that they will pull this kind of stunt proves you can never rely on the app to gain access to your vehicle.

I agree that there should have been ample warning that this was going to happen, it's going to push a lot of people to disable any automatic updates.
You can also use the keypad to unlock all doors and tailgate, and to lock.

Peragrin

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Purchasing
Wish there was a warning. however I live in an area of mediocre cell reception and can't rely on it anyways. the scheduled restarts seem to work, but if I push the button it can take 5 minutes for it to activate.

When you live in the sticks and mountains cell reception is a crap shoot. even if you are barely 100 miles form Boston or NYC.

Colo_Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
I got a message about 'deep sleep' and couldn't use remote start when it was cold as balls last night. I am hoping this was due to the same thing. Guess I will find out tonight. I got the same message about upgraded Ford Pass.

Colo_Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, it was annoying because it was 35 degrees. I was going to use my remote start for the first time (first time that I actually needed it. I've tested it, but never needed it.).

I am hoping the error was due to the upgrade and not due to a battery drain issue. I recently installed a Trigger Six on my truck and I don't want to have to troubleshoot electrical drain.

IcemanSTX

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger STX 4x4
Occupation
Engineering Geologist
After some failed attempts to use Fordpass to unlock my truck, I don't even try anymore. I don't even have Fordpass on my new phone.

Joeiconic

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
Maybe it’s a generational thing, but I would never rely on a phone app to get me in and out of my vehicle. I have lots of wireless devices such as cameras, lights, etc., and while the devices themselves are mostly reliable once set up, the apps that control them are usually frustratingly temperamental.

AdamHarris

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Black Supercrew
Occupation
Collision Repair Instructor
Vehicle Showcase
I always thought the keyless entry keypad was pretty much just a key fob with a passcode. Maybe others on here can confirm or enlighten.
That is precisely what it is, nothing more.

Jason B

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XL STX SE 4x2
Occupation
machinist
I got a message today on FordPass saying:
Great news: Your My Ranger equipped with FordPass(TM) Connect has been updated to the latest software version. Simply start your vehicle to reactivate remote reatures including start/stop and lock/unlock*.
*Automatic transmissions and power door locks only.
I had the same message, although I have no idea what was actually in the update.

I only use the Ford pass to schedule starts on weekdays when leaving for work or from work so that its nice and cool inside. Using the app for anything else is just too slow. Takes too long to even start the app. And every time you go to the vehicle page, you have to wait until the GPS location of the truck updates. Move to another page, then back to vehicle page, yep - GPS location update again, even though the vehicle hasn't been started or moved.