RangaDanga

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
7570C94B-76CC-4415-821B-9A2DA8212D39.png
So I’ve had an issue with being able to activate my vehicle in FordPass for months. When I click on activate vehicle in FordPass, it says connection error and to check connectivity settings. When I try to go to connectivity settings it continually loads and says please wait but never loads. I’ve talked to over 10 FordPass guide over the last few months and finally today I was told it is a TCU issue that needs to be fixed by the dealer. Has anyone ever had this issue and it is anything I can try before going to the dealer(
Sponsored

Cabose-1

First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger XLT FX2
Occupation
Student
Sounds french. I am going to google it. I am assuming it means so.e kind of connectivity thing

Cabose-1

First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger XLT FX2
Occupation
Student
Okay. So i googled it. Looks like it is the module to co trol the gps, data communication, modems over the air updates and all kinds if stuff. New to me. Seems bmw has lots of problems with them. Not much else i can tell you that google cant.
Will be watching to see what the fix ultimately is

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
Should be able to take that information to the dealer, they can order a warranty replacement and then when it comes in they can then schedule you time to swap them out. It’s real easy to get to. Passenger side against the footwell door side. You can see it popping your head in there.
If you do take a look wiggle the connectors and make sure they’re seated!

OP
OP
RangaDanga

RangaDanga

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
So I took it to dealer about a week after creating this thread back in November .. they ordered a new TCU and it’s still not here 4 months later ?‍♂ Remote start would have been a convenient feature through the winter but unfortunately I was unable to use it as my vehicle has not been able to connect to FordPass for about a year now
Sponsored