'21 Ranger XLT Tremor
Occupation
Computers

mtbikernate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4x4
Did an Auxito bulb swap for low beams, high beams, and fogs today. Haven't checked them at night yet, but these are the ones I got:
Lows:
Amazon.com: AUXITO H11 LED Headlight Bulbs 12000lm Per Set 6500K Cool White Wireless H8 H9 Headlight LED Bulb, Pack of 2 : Automotive
Highs:
Amazon.com: AUXITO 9005 LED Headlight Bulbs 12000LM Per Set 6500K Xenon White Mini Size HB3 Wireless Headlight Bulb, Pack of 2 : Automotive
Fogs (yellow):
Amazon.com: AUXITO H11 H8 H16 LED Fog Light Bulbs, 3000K Golden Yellow Light, With CSP LED Chips, 300% Brighter, IP65 Waterproof, Non-polarity, Pack of 2 : Automotive

Everything works and was a pretty easy install compared to other lights I've done on other vehicles. My wife's subaru is a nightmare to change light bulbs on.

66F100

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2WD XLT SCAB
Occupation
Lineman
Did an Auxito bulb swap for low beams, high beams, and fogs today. Haven't checked them at night yet, but these are the ones I got:
Lows:
Amazon.com: AUXITO H11 LED Headlight Bulbs 12000lm Per Set 6500K Cool White Wireless H8 H9 Headlight LED Bulb, Pack of 2 : Automotive
Highs:
Amazon.com: AUXITO 9005 LED Headlight Bulbs 12000LM Per Set 6500K Xenon White Mini Size HB3 Wireless Headlight Bulb, Pack of 2 : Automotive
Fogs (yellow):
Amazon.com: AUXITO H11 H8 H16 LED Fog Light Bulbs, 3000K Golden Yellow Light, With CSP LED Chips, 300% Brighter, IP65 Waterproof, Non-polarity, Pack of 2 : Automotive

Everything works and was a pretty easy install compared to other lights I've done on other vehicles. My wife's subaru is a nightmare to change light bulbs on.
How would you review these replacement bulbs?

mtbikernate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4x4
How would you review these replacement bulbs?
Everything has gone well. Haven't been flashed once since installing them, outside from the person flashing me in the middle of the day as a warning of a speed trap ahead.

The yellow fogs definitely help with contrast when fog washes things out early in the morning. I think that's more important with the colder LED light temps. I bought them kindof on a whim, thinking this might be the case, and I've noticed it's definitely true.

They're not perfect. You can see the artifacts from the different facets of the reflectors, so the lighting is somewhat uneven. Hasn't made a practical difference, really. The cutoff is still pretty hard, and I get better spill on the sides. Getting improvements there was important to me, as my unlit, twisty local roads really sucked. There'd be no way I was seeing a pedestrian on the inside of a corner in the dark if they didn't have their own flashlight (most ppl don't do this) with the OEM lights.

I've no doubt that buying new housings is for sure going to be the ultimate lighting upgrade, but these give a more cost effective improvement from stock.

They're a little brighter than stock overall, but total brightness wasn't what I was after. As I said, I have twisty, hilly local roads. The road changes direction before I'm likely to out-drive my lights. Even with low beams most of the time. More spill on the sides was my primary objective, and I got that with these lights.

66F100

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2WD XLT SCAB
Occupation
Lineman
Everything has gone well. Haven't been flashed once since installing them, outside from the person flashing me in the middle of the day as a warning of a speed trap ahead.

The yellow fogs definitely help with contrast when fog washes things out early in the morning. I think that's more important with the colder LED light temps. I bought them kindof on a whim, thinking this might be the case, and I've noticed it's definitely true.

They're not perfect. You can see the artifacts from the different facets of the reflectors, so the lighting is somewhat uneven. Hasn't made a practical difference, really. The cutoff is still pretty hard, and I get better spill on the sides. Getting improvements there was important to me, as my unlit, twisty local roads really sucked. There'd be no way I was seeing a pedestrian on the inside of a corner in the dark if they didn't have their own flashlight (most ppl don't do this) with the OEM lights.

I've no doubt that buying new housings is for sure going to be the ultimate lighting upgrade, but these give a more cost effective improvement from stock.

They're a little brighter than stock overall, but total brightness wasn't what I was after. As I said, I have twisty, hilly local roads. The road changes direction before I'm likely to out-drive my lights. Even with low beams most of the time. More spill on the sides was my primary objective, and I got that with these lights.
Thank you for the quick response and for including the links in your original post. I am going to purchase these bulbs ASAP.

MagneticRanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCab FX4
Are there any Canadians here that have any experience with replacement LED bulbs that didn't require anti flicker modules for the low beam DRL?

TBR17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger Tremor, '13 Vette Z16, '62 VW Beetle
Lows:
Highs:
Fogs (yellow):

Thanks for the info. For some reason the fog lamps show as a no fit according to Amazon for the ‘21 Ranger, but the others show as a fit. Since they work for you I’m giving it a shot.

66F100

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2WD XLT SCAB
Occupation
Lineman
Thanks for the info. For some reason the fog lamps show as a no fit according to Amazon for the ‘21 Ranger, but the others show as a fit. Since they work for you I’m giving it a shot.
They will work. I ordered those three sets from the provided links, and they are perfect!

Muffin1

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Silver STX 4X4 SC
Auxito 12,000 Lumen H11’s. Great upgrade, and pretty similar beam pattern. No issues so far, will report back with any if they arise!
Were you able to put the dust cap back on or is the bulbs fan housing too large? Thanks.

Last edited:

seanellaz

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT CrewCab Fx4
Occupation
Healthcare
Vehicle Showcase
I have been considering getting a set of these to replace my fogs. I had been trying to decide between yellow and white. Yellow is good for poor conditions like snow and fog. But white is better for everyday driving and having that extra low to the road lighting. And I found this one which you can switch back and forth depending on what you want. Seems like a win-win. Haven't gotten them yet because I have a hard time making decisions sometimes (lol). But I probably will sometime soon unless someone really turns me around.

https://www.superbrightleds.com/mor...7BSbKbdGrJeNkVvlNOJ-uq--70Xm7TEMaAjAwEALw_wcB
You may find them to be a bit dim " 2250 Lumen/Bulb "

jflogerzi

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DD/Tow CG MY22 Ranger XLT 2WD, Track Car FRS 2013

Any updates to these and how they compare to a real set of Bulbs rather than LEDs

PIAA H11 Xtreme White Plus Bulb 55w 4000K and PIAA 9005 (HB3) Xtreme White Plus Bulb 60w=120w

The LEDs are cheaper for sure. Total cost on the set above is 185$ for highs, lows, and Fogs.
Sponsored