First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subarus, 2021 Ranger
Occupation
Engineer
For the price, storage capacity, and work required to install, it would make more sense to go with an option like a decked system and spend the extra money in my opinion.
More likely one or two swing tool boxes, rather than a decked system.
I agree with Frenchy that a decked system has a lot of wasted space.
Sponsored

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
Contact them directly for pricing as that may help. You may be suprised
They charge $595 + $98 for shipping - those are the only two things within their control. Taxes, exchange, and any possible duty are out of their hands.

If they were to ship for free and offer 15% off, it’s still a big chunk of change to get in here.

THLONE

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Chev C-20, 2019 Ford Ranger XL 4X4
Occupation
internet wise guy
Vehicle Showcase
This web site is a mine field full of suckers willing to re engineer a new truck. LOL ROTFFLOL. I suppose we will never get the posts where this junk has fu their truck.

OP
OP
Frenchy

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
This web site is a mine field full of suckers willing to re engineer a new truck. LOL ROTFFLOL. I suppose we will never get the posts where this junk has fu their truck.
Just give it time. Different things will pop up that'll show. Others have already shown flaws of the bed material Ford used by hanging a hi-lift jack inside the bed

slowmachine

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Wrangler, waiting for a Ranger PHEV
I like the concept, but I don’t like the removing all of the stiffening structure from the tailgate. From the photos, it seems like you could fit a fair amount of rarely-used recovery/emergency supplies in the tailgate without any mods. It would help to have some quick-release fasteners. And, of course

OP
OP
Frenchy

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I like the concept, but I don’t like the removing all of the stiffening structure from the tailgate. From the photos, it seems like you could fit a fair amount of rarely-used recovery/emergency supplies in the tailgate without any mods. It would help to have some quick-release fasteners. And, of course
If there was a way to open that little compartment without major issues then yes you could fit a little bit in there but not as much as you would with this compartment. Now I do understand your concerns for the removing of the stiffening pieces but I can tell you right now it's such a tight fit with it in that you don't have to worry about it.

DHMag

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Crew cab, 22 Wrangler Willys
I want to say it is made out of steel. What grade I'm not too sure. How much weight can it hold? Enough but again you dont want to put to much for two reasons. 1 it is a tailgate so you dont want to necessarily work out all the time. 2 the tailgate is only rated to hold up to 200 lbs if I remember correctly and the storage compartment weighs between 25 to 40 lbs(I didnt put it on a scale).

The maximum weight allowed on the tailgate is 485 lbs. seeing as most of the structural integrity has been removed, id be surprised if it would now support 100 pounds.

OP
OP
Frenchy

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
The maximum weight allowed on the tailgate is 485 lbs. seeing as most of the structural integrity has been removed, id be surprised if it would now support 100 pounds.
As mentioned before with this new compartment put in it still holds his structural integrity. It might be hard for you to believe sense some of the internal parts were removed but then again how often are you really going to throw 485 lb on to the tailgate?

OP
OP
Frenchy

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I will also add that my fat ass is over 200 lbs and I have sat on it with no problems

awd.nv

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger XLT Tremor
Occupation
Computers
Interesting, there are things I really like about this. I am not sure I am ready to commit to that kind of a mod. I would say, having some sort of weather seal would be nice for people without a bed cover. I have one so it is not an issue for me.

Considering the price of that flat tailgate plate with the cup holders, I do not see this being priced bad either.

slowmachine

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Wrangler, waiting for a Ranger PHEV
I will also add that my fat ass is over 200 lbs and I have sat on it with no problems
There are some significant unknowns here. The most important to me is whether or not it has been tested to failure. Methodology for static and dynamic load testing is important. The “fat ass” test is insufficiently rigorous. On the manufacturer’s website, they show a light motorcycle in the back with the wheel resting on the open tailgate, so they are suggesting that this is an acceptable use. I’m not saying that it’s good or bad, just that it is unknown. What IS known, is that undamaged used/pulled tailgates are selling for $800-1000. At $600 for this product, the cost of failure is a minimum of $1400-1600.

OP
OP
Frenchy

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
There are some significant unknowns here. The most important to me is whether or not it has been tested to failure. Methodology for static and dynamic load testing is important. The “fat ass” test is insufficiently rigorous. On the manufacturer’s website, they show a light motorcycle in the back with the wheel resting on the open tailgate, so they are suggesting that this is an acceptable use. I’m not saying that it’s good or bad, just that it is unknown. What IS known, is that undamaged used/pulled tailgates are selling for $800-1000. At $600 for this product, the cost of failure is a minimum of $1400-1600.
Not to mention if you end up getting rear-ended by some asshole who was not paying attention. Every mod has a risk. Weather or not you choose to take such risk is up to the user

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
Not going to lie, there is a fair amount of space. But lets be honest, chances are the things you put in there are most likely going to be light.
Five ARs, 7 pistols and 3000 rounds will definitely not be light...?

OP
OP
Frenchy

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Five ARs, 7 pistols and 3000 rounds will definitely not be light...?
A few pistols with some rounds sure. Not even one AR will fit as to you lack of space

Randy

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger 2019
Vehicle Showcase
Nice Idea... for tie downs and light stuff gear will be cool. Wonder if it renders warranty null by altering the lid.
Sponsored