Just Ordered Snugtop Rebel with Extras. Here's What I Paid.

lazynorse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger Crew Cab XLT FX4
Occupation
Public Health
Ordered Snugtop Rebel for 5' bed (Super Crew), with extras. Base model Rebel includes matching paint, carpet, LED dome light, brake light, hidden mounting system, double bulb seal, all glass door w/ rotary latches and rain channel.

Here's the cost break down:
  • Snugtop Rebel, base price ($2799)
  • Fold Down Fixed Front Window (free, August Special)
  • Vented Windoor, Driver Side ($175)
  • Vented Windoor, Passenger ($175)
  • Keyless Entry ($195)
  • Yakima Roof Tracks ($175)
  • Installation ($120)
Subtotal: $3639
Sales Tax: $363.90
Total: $4002.90

Winning quote and purchase from Kanopy Kingdom in Fife, WA. They came in $186 less than Canopy World in Tacoma, WA. Canopy World charged $80 more for the base Rebel model, so math says another $106 more from the extras and installation. Both shops get mostly good reviews, I would've gone to either if the price were the same.

Both shops said 8 - 10 weeks delivery.

Kanopy Kingdom associate said Snugtop - or whoever owns Snugtop - just purchased Leer/Century, along with the glass manufacture they all use and some other materials companies. She showed me Snugtop's color code sheet, it said Leer on it. Interesting.

Anyway, I know costs are different in different regions. How much in your areas? Here, only marginal differences between Leer and Snugtop. I believe that's not the case elsewhere. I ruled out ARE, given cost and wait times are way higher.

Was expecting about $4k, ended up being right on the nose. Not thrilled with it, but I need a canopy 90% of the time for what I use a vehicle for. Could've saved $800 and not gotten the windoors and other extras but I'd have kicked myself for a rather insignificant savings on an expensive item. Buy once cry once. Oh, not many used ones yet pulled off of 5th Gen Rangers. Different story for Toyota Tacomas, there's plenty of used canopies to fit all sorts of generations of those, and you might get lucky with a color match, too!

Still waiting on my truck though, its built and scheduled to be delivered Sept 16 - 23. I may get it and have to wait a month for the canopy, or the truck is delayed a month and they're all ready at the same time. More patience is necessary.

Snugtop Rebel will sit atop a Cactus Gray Super Crew FX4. Already got XL Rok Blokz mud flaps, Husky floor mats, 12v bed kit, floor/tailgate Bed Rug, tail gate seal kit and some extra stainless eye bolt tie downs in a box waiting for truck delivery. I'm retiring my Subaru Outback from adventure camping duties.
Sponsored

RangerAJS

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XLT FX4, black out package, 302a, technology.
Occupation
Problem Solver
As I recall I paid about $2400. No wing windows, but with fold down front window on a deal. Didn’t realize how useful the Auto Unlock features and did not order. You’ll be happy you did. BTW - welcome to the club! ?

I also saw that you haven’t ordered a tailgate damper…..yet! You’ll understand when you get your truck ?

OP
OP
lazynorse

lazynorse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Public Health
As I recall I paid about $2400. No wing windows, but with fold down front window on a deal. Didn’t realize how useful the Auto Unlock features and did not order. You’ll be happy you did. BTW - welcome to the club! ?

I also saw that you haven’t ordered a tailgate damper…..yet! You’ll understand when you get your truck ?
All those years of wrist exercises prepared me for the unassisted tailgate lift… ?

Stiggysaurus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat FX4
Sorry to dig up this old thread but is there any reason why you went with the Snugtop over a Leer 100xr? I'm also in WA (a bit north of you) and have been in contact with Canopy World of Edmonds. They keep telling me the Leer is their most popular model but have not been very clear on why it's better than the Snugtop. The price difference between the two is $13.

MattSucks

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
For just that price I would just get a GFC. I’m shopping for a topper now and am in the area Seattle too, I’m ordering the GFC and going to take a road trip to the Motherland(MT) to get it.

OP
OP
lazynorse

lazynorse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Public Health
Sorry to dig up this old thread but is there any reason why you went with the Snugtop over a Leer 100xr? I'm also in WA (a bit north of you) and have been in contact with Canopy World of Edmonds. They keep telling me the Leer is their most popular model but have not been very clear on why it's better than the Snugtop. The price difference between the two is $13.
Hey! Might be a Ford vs Chevy thing. Snugtop has a double bulb seal and might have different/more standard features. Kanopy Kingdom in Fife favored Snugtops. All owned by the same company I understand.
Sponsored