Jamboree Poll

Are you interested in attending a Get Together of Ranger Enthusiasts in N Colorado Summer 2021?

• Total voters

txquailguy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Lariat - 2020 Hyundai Kona Ultimate
Occupation
Biologist
Vehicle Showcase
It has been brought to my attention that a poll might be in order to gauge interest in a Jamborbee/Get Together of Ranger enthusiasts, maybe even make it an annual event. I propose the First Annual Ranger Enthusiast Jamboree be held in Wonderful Northern Colorado Summer 2021. If you are so inclined to participate I am willing to organize such an endeavor. Of course I would need help with logistics, as this would be a big deal....lol.
So here is the thread explaining the idea....
https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/possibility-of-a-noco-ranger-jamboree.10515/
Sponsored

Reactions: Doc

Ronbo

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4+
Occupation
Retired LEO Sgt., USAF & USA Veteran.
Vehicle Showcase
I love the idea of a jamboree but the distance from here in Fl to colorado is just way too far for me at about 2500 miles 1-way, and 5000 r/t.

Last edited:
OP
OP
txquailguy

txquailguy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Biologist
Vehicle Showcase
I love the idea of a jamboree but the distance from here in Fl to colorado is jusy way too far for me at about 2500 miles 1-way, and 5000 r/t.
I understand

FordFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lariat FX4 Ranger, 2022 Sonata Limited
Occupation
Engineer
I live in NoCo...let's do it!

OP
OP
txquailguy

txquailguy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Biologist
Vehicle Showcase
I live in NoCo...let's do it!
Well, we will see what happens. So far it seems folks aren't up for gathering as much as I thought they would be. No problem, I only have great intentions for something fun. Everyone loves showing off their Rangers. I figured a weekend, road trip, camp out, truck show would get everyone's attention. BTW...Since this event would be held on public land, much care would need to be taken to make absolutely sure we left ZERO footprint behind! Anyway, so far the poll has had 120 viewers and only 6 voters and the vote stands at 3 for and 3 against....lol. That's a fairly bleak outlook:rockon:
i would love to see at least 25 Rangers at this gathering or I'm not sure it's worth any planning IMHO.

aslusers

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Orange SuperCrew FX4 Trailer Tow 302A
Vehicle Showcase
My 2021 summer is booked. I would love to go in 2022.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I love the idea of a jamboree but the distance from here in Fl to colorado is just way too far for me at about 2500 miles 1-way, and 5000 r/t.

Well, we will see what happens. So far it seems folks aren't up for gathering as much as I thought they would be. No problem, I only have great intentions for something fun. Everyone loves showing off their Rangers. I figured a weekend, road trip, camp out, truck show would get everyone's attention. BTW...Since this event would be held on public land, much care would need to be taken to make absolutely sure we left ZERO footprint behind! Anyway, so far the poll has had 120 viewers and only 6 voters and the vote stands at 3 for and 3 against....lol. That's a fairly bleak outlook:rockon:
i would love to see at least 25 Rangers at this gathering or I'm not sure it's worth any planning IMHO.
Mark this is a great idea but I think it's going to be tough to pull off. I think there are many east coast guys/gals who would love to come out here and meet up but it's tough to coordinate something clear across the country. When factoring in a couple days driving time (each way) those who are still working will need at least 2 weeks for this.

I think it would be easier to try and arrange a more local meet up and if others from the east coast could join it's be a bonus. But the whole camping out thing would probably make me out too. I didn't like it in my 20's when I was drinking and could pass out anywhere and I sure don't like it now. ?

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
I live in Brighton, I'd be down for something. Maybe a light trail run or something, something us stockers can swing.

Also, you had me at smoked meats.

TheKracka

First Name
Klay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT FX4/2005 xB
Occupation
I fix things not people
Great idea! Actually contemplated something like this...when my wife and I were part of the Scion communities we used to attend annual meet/car show in Tulsa. People would come from all over the US and we would all try and meet up along the way making for some convoys miles long. Believe the longest we had was about 60+ vehicles.

OP
OP
txquailguy

txquailguy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Biologist
Vehicle Showcase
I realize it is a long haul for anyone coming from the east coast. It would definitely mean taking a few days off if you are road tripping. As far as the camping thing, I'm not a big camper. We do go out occasionally just because it is so beautiful here and you can camp just about anywhere. I've got one of those truck bed tents for the Ranger. I'm working towards purchasing a Sunray 109, which is like a teardrop camper. Great for me and the wife with built in heat/ac and kitchen. $9000. Anyway, if you don't want to camp there are many hotel/motel options within 30/45 mins of this area. I would love to gather just to meet all you folks. Like I said before.....let's see how many folks are interested in the next couple of days/week. Lots of time between now and the summer to plan. BTW....not trying to make this some crazy logistical event...

TheKracka

First Name
Klay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT FX4/2005 xB
Occupation
I fix things not people
I realize it is a long haul for anyone coming from the east coast. It would definitely mean taking a few days off if you are road tripping. As far as the camping thing, I'm not a big camper. We do go out occasionally just because it is so beautiful here and you can camp just about anywhere. I've got one of those truck bed tents for the Ranger. I'm working towards purchasing a Sunray 109, which is like a teardrop camper. Great for me and the wife with built in heat/ac and kitchen. $9000. Anyway, if you don't want to camp there are many hotel/motel options within 30/45 mins of this area. I would love to gather just to meet all you folks. Like I said before.....let's see how many folks are interested in the next couple of days/week. Lots of time between now and the summer to plan. BTW....not trying to make this some crazy logistical event...
Typically you can work with a local hotel and get a group rate.

JaysOnTheEDGE

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2021 Escape SEL AWD
Longest I've driven to a meet is FL to Indy got a long haul award for that one ? and FL to PA a few times lol Good luck they are always fun with crazy shenanigans and happenings.

OP
OP
txquailguy

txquailguy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Biologist
Vehicle Showcase
Mark this is a great idea but I think it's going to be tough to pull off. I think there are many east coast guys/gals who would love to come out here and meet up but it's tough to coordinate something clear across the country. When factoring in a couple days driving time (each way) those who are still working will need at least 2 weeks for this.

I think it would be easier to try and arrange a more local meet up and if others from the east coast could join it's be a bonus. But the whole camping out thing would probably make me out too. I didn't like it in my 20's when I was drinking and could pass out anywhere and I sure don't like it now. ?
I'm with you on folks having to drive what they consider too far. I guess I've always been a road tripper....lol. I've driven from Houston to Jacksonville, FL and from Houston to San Diego and up the PCH aways....Houston to Lake Tahoe...gorgeous! You get the picture. I think we might get some folks from Alabama and Mississippi, Houston, ARIZONA, maybe North Carolina, Michigan. We will see come springtime who's really interested. I can tell you this, you won't find better weather in the Summer. We have 300 days of sunshine here with no humidity....shhhhh don't tell anyone...lol.
So if you can get here...come on. If the interest is there here in a week or so I'll try to set a date so all can get their vacay together. Then I'll revisit in like April and we'll see where things are at. There are a number of small, clean old motels on the westside of Fort Collins, which would be closest to the area, approx. 45 minute drive (mostly due to winding road in Poudre canyon). See if I can get a group rate if we have enough folks. Heck, what else do you have to do this coming summer?

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Mark,

Wife has encouraged our attendance. We are gray hairs...She is going to be 80 and I will be 72, so old farts.... We will also be pulling the Ranger behind our 40 ft Alfa motorhome and to dry camp we have to run the generator to recharge the batteries during the day to keep our 22cuft Whirlpool residential fridge running. Can you contain a motorhome this size....Most state and National parks have no sites long enough...

Might not be doable....
Sponsored