Is the 'Fake Engine Noise' for real?

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Back on the topic of fake noise, who all watches The View?
Sponsored

pbethel

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2016 Ford t250 Transit
Occupation
retired
Before my second shot of a certain "vaccine" I just had ringing in my ears. Now it's a dry bearing under heavy load squeal. 24/7.

Dr_Strangelove

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 XLT Supercrew 4x4
Occupation
Art & Design
I remember reading this online back when I first purchased the Ranger.

"On the Ranger models, Ford Engineers claim not to process fake recorded engine sounds to mimic a higher displacement performance engine tone, but rather process original engine sounds that are being emitted. These are real organic engine sounds that are processed and transmitted through the vehicle’s speaker system. [...]

This makes an abundance of sense. This is essentially the methodology of live broadcast. Normalize, compress, EQ, normalize, and your Ranger has an announcer's voice.

JesseS

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT FX4, Jayco 26' Class A
Occupation
Retired, work is a four letter word.
Fake noise comes from the passenger seat.

Selective hearing blocks it.
I have that, selective hearing that is. I have a note from my Doctor that states that my hearing loss falls in the range of my wife's voice.

JesseS

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT FX4, Jayco 26' Class A
Occupation
Retired, work is a four letter word.
I’m thinking since I have an STX with the base radio that it doesn’t have the fake engine noise. I’ve tried but I don’t hear it. Also when my bud hooked up Forscan to adjust the tire size we looked for it but couldn’t find it on the menu.
It's in the ACM module listed as 'Software Engine Sound' with an 'enable/disable' toggle.

LB'sTremor

First Name
Loren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Iconic Lariat Tremor
Occupation
IT
wow ? he is alive! i was certain he died in 2017. kinda shocked!
Hey it happens, the bigger question is what where you doing when you found out??? :)

LB

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
oh snap it was Tom Petty that died! still equally sad. geez this entire time I thought it was Bob... see none of yall should listen to me lol
and what I was doing lol.
eating breakfast with a golden retriever. I made us scrambled eggs and bacon. I was at my Ex's house. She worked days and I worked evenings so she was getting ready for work and I was cooking breakfast, feeding her dog bacon. Then she came in from the shower and said, "babe, Bob Seger died!" Her and I were both fans. so we were shocked and sad.
however somewhere between Theo (the dog), bacon and eggs and naked ex my mind heard Bob Seger but it was really Tom Petty.
man I miss her dog, smartest dog ive ever witnessed. He was the best part of the relationship lol.

Todd Chapin

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 crewcab lariat fx4
Occupation
Chef
Ford even puts fake engine noise in one of the sexiest sounding engines ever, the Coyote in the Mustang 5.0s but I found full exhaust from magnaflow indeed deleted being able to hear it.

Synfulz

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger FX4 Diesel :)
Occupation
Retired Powerplant Operator
Vehicle Showcase
Saw one of those articles listing places outside of the US to retire, Philippines was on there, said it was Hawaii like but far less expensive.
Saw one of those articles listing places outside of the US to retire, Philippines was on there, said it was Hawaii like but far less expensive.
Yes I think so. It is certainly tropical and with over 7,000 islands there is so many beaches and landscapes to see. We're spending 9 days in May on Palawan which is a UNESCO world heritage site. The whole island as it is so diverse ecologically. We are going to El Nido and Coron. Coron especially is mind blowing beautiful. So I will have plenty of Beautiful Pictures for the thread. But you can live very reasonable here. I have a 1800 sqf house in a guarded community and it cost me $820 a month. I get a 2 hour massage and with a generous tip it cost me $20. So yes I am biased but certainly not a bad place to be.

Atitagain

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger Lariat Super Crew 4x4
Occupation
Retired Firefighter
Curious who's hearing it, people with engine covers or those who don't.
Sponsored