First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger STX 4x4
Occupation
Asst. Greenskeeper, Bushwood Country Club
My wife won free tickets to a Rolling Stones concert at Giants stadium on a radio station give away years ago. They were 4 rows from the stage slightly off center and I could feel my head vibrating all the way home and then into the next day. Awesome show but pouring rain the whole show and they put tarps on to protect the fields under the chairs so we were standing in 4 inches of water the entire show. I think they cranked up the volume to overcome the rain noise. Guess it's part of the reason I wear hearing aids now.
First big-time rock concert I went to was KISS in 1976. I wasn't especially a KISS fan but I wanted to see the show and my neighbor had tickets. 4th row on the side.
Now the interesting part is.....
The opening band was some guy from Detroit who we'd vaguely heard of named Bob Seger. He said they were going to do some songs from their new album that would be out in a few weeks called "Night Moves". We thought him and his band were pretty good and might amount to something some day.
Sponsored

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
We go down to Los Algodonez which is just past Yuma,AZ. It's a smaller area than Nogales, MX and MUCH safer. It's only 4 square blocks and all pharmacies, dentist and optometrist along with your typical street vendors. It's heavily policed but most are really nice and friendly except the ones at US border coming back through. None of them have a personality. We went to Nogales, MX once and within 1 hour we all looked at each other and said let's get out of here.
Hi Dave,

Yep! Nogales was fun, then things changed and it became dangerous to even venture to our favorite watering hole and restaurant.

I feel sorry for the little shops ect. but safety is paramount. Stupid fellow here in Green Valley showed up in Nogales MX. A street vendor eyed his omega watch and told the guy he had some genuine fake Oemga watches...let me see your to make sure and the stupid guy took off his watch...The street guy lobbed this watch to a person standing about 5 ft away who caught it and lobbed it to another guy who took off running down an alley. So robbed, yep, but stupid, stupid, stupid to get sucked in to such a scheme. When in MX, Margie and I leave our Rolex behind... we wear cheapo Timex...

Best,
Phil

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
First big-time rock concert I went to was KISS in 1976. I wasn't especially a KISS fan but I wanted to see the show and my neighbor had tickets. 4th row on the side.
Now the interesting part is.....
The opening band was some guy from Detroit who we'd vaguely heard of named Bob Seger. He said they were going to do some songs from their new album that would be out in a few weeks called "Night Moves". We thought him and his band were pretty good and might amount to something some day.
Hi Jonny,

Love Bob Seger! I could not stand KISS...yuk...

Best,
Phil

OP
OP
Bullet

Bullet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Hi Jonny,

Love Bob Seger! I could not stand KISS...yuk...

Best,
Phil
I love how these threads go off the rails. It's great (really. It's amusing to me.)

Phil - I was really hoping you'd find this thread!
What's your opinion on the piped in engine sound? Real or not real.
I honestly am still doubting Ford did this. I gunned it after work tonight (a few times) and it sounded cool. I couldn't definitively hear anything other than the engine.
Maybe I'm in denial cuz I like how it sounds and don't want to believe I've been sort of scammed?
Can someone show me a screen shot of the FORscan code validating it's there?
Guess it doesn't really much matter anyway. I'm not going to do anything about it. ?‍♂

Oh... and KISS rocks!

5G Dan-O

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Ford ASSET Instructor - Program Director
I honestly am still doubting Ford did this. I gunned it after work tonight (a few times) and it sounded cool. I couldn't definitively hear anything other than the engine.
Maybe I'm in denial cuz I like how it sounds and don't want to believe I've been sort of scammed?
Guess it doesn't really much matter anyway. I'm not going to do anything about it. ?‍♂

Oh... and KISS rocks!
Turn it off with using FORScan, drive it and then tell me if it's real or not.

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I love how these threads go off the rails. It's great (really. It's amusing to me.)

Oh... and KISS rocks!
Hi B,

I cannot say definitely that there is fake noise, but I do know that Active Noise Cancellation is present in my Lincoln to quiet the vehicle. Allegedly Ranger has this also, but not verified as the package is Aussie developed. Likely so but I cannot say for sure. I too do not find the noise objectional, JMO.

Best,
Phil

OP
OP
Bullet

Bullet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Hi B,

I cannot say definitely that there is fake noise, but I do know that Active Noise Cancellation is present in my Lincoln to quiet the vehicle. Allegedly Ranger has this also, but not verified as the package is Aussie developed. Likely so but I cannot say for sure. I too do not find the noise objectional, JMO.

Best,
Phil
You are da man!

5G Dan-O

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
It's real Phil.
It's real name is Software Engine Sound Enhancement and it's enabled/disabled in the ACM.
Had it in our Ecoboost Mustang too.
It's not as quiet as my MKZ but after disabling it and sound deadening/proofing the cabin, it's pretty darn quiet - I like a quiet ride, it lets me hear the tinnitus better in my ears.

5G Dan-O

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
I would. But don't have FORscan.
Gawd... couldn't they have named it something else. Too close to foreskin... every single time I think of that.
Yeah, my wife always says, "Wait, what did you just call that?"

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman

Oh... and KISS rocks!
Turn it off with using FORScan, drive it and then tell me if it's real or not.
This.

I couldn't differentiate it until I turned it off. Much better off.

Fawnbuster

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Retired 34 years as LEO
Vehicle Showcase
It's real Phil.
It's real name is Software Engine Sound Enhancement and it's enabled/disabled in the ACM.
Had it in our Ecoboost Mustang too.
It's not as quiet as my MKZ but after disabling it and sound deadening/proofing the cabin, it's pretty darn quiet - I like a quiet ride, it lets me hear the tinnitus better in my ears.
I am right there with ya! Not sure if I ever heard it but I disabled it with Forscan, LOTS of sound deadening. Funny, when my rock n roll is on 20 I can't hear that tinnitus anymore .

Seriously, over 10 years with a 100 watt siren right above my right ear, I hear it 24/7. When I get a migraine and or my sinuses clog up my ears scream. If they ever come up with a real treatment and not snake oil, I will be beat a path to the doctors door. Playing some podcasts in the background helps me fall asleep.

Synfulz

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger FX4 Diesel :)
Occupation
Retired Powerplant Operator
Vehicle Showcase
I am right there with ya! Not sure if I ever heard it but I disabled it with Forscan, LOTS of sound deadening. Funny, when my rock n roll is on 20 I can't hear that tinnitus anymore .

Seriously, over 10 years with a 100 watt siren right above my right ear, I hear it 24/7. When I get a migraine and or my sinuses clog up my ears scream. If they ever come up with a real treatment and not snake oil, I will be beat a path to the doctors door. Playing some podcasts in the background helps me fall asleep.
I am with you. Sure wish someone finds a fix. I use a whitenoise machine at night.
Sponsored