OP
SafetyDan

SafetyDan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 V2 - Ranger Lariat, FX4, 501A, Trailer Tow (Lightning Blue), V1- Lariat, FX4, 500A, Trailer Tow (Ingot Silver) <Epic Fail - Lemon>
Vehicle Showcase
Am i suppose to recieve more fordpass points on parts installs?

I had my lift done by an authorized Ford dealer and paid for it, did not use any points but the only points increase I've seen was 100 points for a service visit.
Not true, I used 86000 point on the install.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
SafetyDan

SafetyDan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 V2 - Ranger Lariat, FX4, 501A, Trailer Tow (Lightning Blue), V1- Lariat, FX4, 500A, Trailer Tow (Ingot Silver) <Epic Fail - Lemon>
Vehicle Showcase
I didn't say anything earlier as the dealership accepted ownership of fact that I now have a couple dents on my truck, BUT I am seriously PISSED. The paint-less dent removal guy says he can't get to them, so the dealership wants to do bodywork.

Last edited:

hughesjv

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Thank you, I am going in tomorrow!
So i finally managed to use my points. I went in and ordered two of the cargo holders for the bed (VKB3Z-17N004-A&B). Initially, the parts and service guy didn't know what to do so I went back the next day when the lady who knew how to use them was there and got both without issue. I had to pay $70 in addition to my points, but I am glad my points are used for something I wanted.

OP
OP
SafetyDan

SafetyDan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
So i finally managed to use my points. I went in and ordered two of the cargo holders for the bed (VKB3Z-17N004-A&B). Initially, the parts and service guy didn't know what to do so I went back the next day when the lady who knew how to use them was there and got both without issue. I had to pay $70 in addition to my points, but I am glad my points are used for something I wanted.
I was going to do that, but then decided on the lift, Had I even thought my truck would be damaged I would have installed my own swing boxes.

hughesjv

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I was going to do that, but then decided on the lift, Had I even thought my truck would be damaged I would have installed my own swing boxes.
My truck came with the lift prei-istalled. I think because I have the Sport package so for me the boxes were the best option.

egilbe

First Name
Earl
Threads
Reaction score
Somewhere between ME and AZ, depends on the season
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat with BAP, Tow and FX4
Occupation
Semi-retired, lazy bum/tramp, formerly Sys admin in a toxic work environment
My truck came with the lift prei-istalled. I think because I have the Sport package so for me the boxes were the best option.
Jeez, I was just quoted $3000 for the shocks and install from my dealer. ?

egilbe

First Name
Earl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation

hughesjv

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sure the hell is. I'm now rethinking maybe buying the Fox Stage 2 kit from @Stage3Motorsports , instead.
I was lucky to get mine for basically the same price they wanted for a stripped down version. Then on top of the price Ford had the double the Veteran discount and I got that too..I feel fortunate to not have paid a fortune for my Ranger and still get everything I wanted.

RamblinnMann

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XLT FX4
Occupation
Design Engineer
Sure the hell is. I'm now rethinking maybe buying the Fox Stage 2 kit from @Stage3Motorsports , instead.
Do it! I got a chance to take the stage 3 kit out this past weekend and it was awesome!! Really stable, supportive, and forgiving. I did hit one rut a little hard but even that didn't feel too bad. Much better than the OEM. The shocks are very well damped. I installed them with the help of a friend.

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
That is way too much! The kit itself goes for 1,495.OO on the Ford Performance site, as shown here, https://performanceparts.ford.com/part/M-18000-R, and you can get it for even less through Levittown Ford. I do not know what the breakdown between parts and labor your dealer is giving you, but at anywhere near the retail cost of kit, the dealer is asking for 1,500 in labor, which is ridiculous. You can get the Ford kit installed at another dealer for much better price or, failing that, any qualified shop can do the work for less if you buy the kit yourself.

egilbe

First Name
Earl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
That is way too much! The kit itself goes for 1,495.OO on the Ford Performance site, as shown here, https://performanceparts.ford.com/part/M-18000-R, and you can get it for even less through Levittown Ford. I do not know what the breakdown between parts and labor your dealer is giving you, but at anywhere near the retail cost of kit, the dealer is asking for 1,500 in labor, which is ridiculous. You can get the Ford kit installed at another dealer for much better price or, failing that, any qualified shop can do the work for less if you buy the kit yourself.
Oh, I agree. I told him it shouldn't be more than three hours labor, he said they had to take the front bumper off and recalibrate the ACC. I said thank you. They aren't doing any service on it after that BS. I'll take it to another dealer.

OP
OP
SafetyDan

SafetyDan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Jeez, I was just quoted $3000 for the shocks and install from my dealer. ?
Mine was $2000 OTD including alignment.

Pvsaint

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger - 2014 Tiffin Phaeton Motorhome
Occupation
Retired Fire Captain
I got mine Scoggin Dickey The best price I could find
AF40524F-25EB-442F-8246-7D1E456A24B0.png
Send a message to Jason from Stage Three. He beat this price by over a hundred dollars.
Sponsored