OrangeStreak

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SCab STX 4X4 Towing Pkg. BFG K02's 265/70/17
Occupation
Retired. MTS degree. ANG veteran. 2nd Amendment supporter.
Dave,
I am relieved to know that you and Annie are OK and making improvement from the Covid virus! I treasure good health and wish the same for both of you.

I like to share my personal experience with exercise and nutrition whenever appropriate to offer any encouragement to help maintain health. I have been working out consistenly for the past 41 years this month. Went to local gyms until Mar. 15, 2020 when Covid shut them down and since have developed a home exercise program which primarily substitues body weight for gym weights. Got some ideas from this site: https://www.verywellfit.com/no-weight-workout-program-1231506 Have added some substancial cardio work and also supplimented the program with some equipment for a small home gym.

Have been seriously committed to the Mediterrian diet for over 5 years. This diet helped to bring my blood pressue back to normal and was able to quit (with my Dr's approval) the blood pressure medication taken for approximately the last 20 years. I've had minor health issues on and off but fortunately have been able to wade through them successfully. Right now coming out of a bout with Cellulitis. These disciplines will go a long way in keeping the body strong and the mind clear even for older guys like me.

Anyway, the point of this post is to welcome you back and let you know that Ranger5g has not been the same without your presence and messages with encouragment, advice, fun and humor :like: . Wishing you and Annie God's blessing in every aspect of your lives.

From Paul...the guy who likes Money Pit ? threads too much and can't resist responding to outdated posts :crazy: :LOL:

Home Gym with accessories - 1.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Dave,
I am relieved to know that you and Jeanie are OK and making improvement from the Covid virus! I treasure good health and wish the same for both of you.

I like to share my personal experience with exercise and nutrition whenever appropriate to offer any encouragement to help maintain health. I have been working out consistenly for the past 41 years this month. Went to local gyms until Mar. 15, 2020 when Covid shut them down and since have developed a home exercise program which primarily substitues body weight for gym weights. Got some ideas from this site: https://www.verywellfit.com/no-weight-workout-program-1231506 Have added some substancial cardio work and also got some equipment for a small home gym.

Have been seriously committed to the Mediterrian diet for over 5 years. This diet helped to bring my blood pressue back to normal and was able to stop the blood pressure medication taken for approximately the last 20 years with my Dr's approval. I've had minor health issues on and off but have been able to wade throught them. These disciplines will go a long way in keeping the body strong and the mind clear even for older guys like me.

Anyway, the point of this post is to welcome you back and let you know that Ranger5g has not been the same without your presence and messages with encouragment, advice, fun and humor :like: . Wishing you and Jeanie God's blessing in every aspect of your lives.

From Paul...the guy who likes Money Pit posts too much and can't resist responding to outdated posts :crazy: :LOL:

Home Gym with accessories - 1.jpg

Thanks Paul I really appreciate it! My job has always been very physical so I'm lucky there that I get free workouts daily. I never eat fast food and we barely eat red meat, burgers on occasion. My diet consist of a lot of chicken, fish and fresh veggies and never any processed dinners. Now I'm not saying we don't go out and splurge once in a while but for the most part we try to eat very healthy as my gf is a diabetic too. Oh, just for the record her name is Annie. I think I mentioned Jeanie a few times referring to @Chris M wife who were both so very helpful getting me through this.

Just think next year you now have another post you can resurrect and respond to. Set your calendar. :crackup:?

OrangeStreak

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SCab STX 4X4 Towing Pkg. BFG K02's 265/70/17
Occupation
Retired. MTS degree. ANG veteran. 2nd Amendment supporter.
Thanks Paul I really appreciate it! My job has always been very physical so I'm lucky there that I get free workouts daily. I never eat fast food and we barely eat red meat, burgers on occasion. My diet consist of a lot of chicken, fish and fresh veggies and never any processed dinners. Now I'm not saying we don't go out and splurge once in a while but for the most part we try to eat very healthy as my gf is a diabetic too. Oh, just for the record her name is Annie. I think I mentioned Jeanie a few times referring to @Chris M wife who were both so very helpful getting me through this.

Just think next year you now have another post you can resurrect and respond to. Set your calendar. :crackup:?
Dave,
Great to hear about your efforts to maintain health! Very important to be committed and consistent in exercise and nutrition. I'm with you on taking a break every once in awhile from health food. Being raised on the American diet, I have to go back to it on occaision. But it has to be genuine junk food :handshake: . For the kick, I like to get several chili cheese dogs with fries that leave you with a queasy stomach...the real stuff :surprised: :LOL:

Sorry about the mixup with Annie, one of the other posts mentioned Jeanie as your significant other. Thanks to Chris and Jeanie for their support! Hoping to sneak any of my resurrected posts by you :LOL:
Take care and...

1629738771287.png

Last edited:

Michelle

First Name
Michelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Occupation
Medical
There are treatments. Look into it. Monoclonal antibodies. They work within hours.
First I’d like to thank everyone here from the bottom of my heart for all your thoughts and prayers. This really is a very special community and even though many of us have never met it just goes to show how we all come together when another is in need.

I started feeling a little “off” a few days after we returned from vacation but didn’t think much of it. As the week went on I felt worse and went to the Urgent Care to get tested and 2 days latter received the positive Covid results. Last Friday the 13th is when it hit me the hardest and couldn’t do anything but sleep and crawl to the couch. Between the nausea, body aches, sweats and chills I never felt anything this painful in my life. I honestly wouldn’t wish this on my worst enemy! Dr says there’s really nothing you can do but let it run it’s course which is anywhere from 3-4 weeks minimum. Today is day 17 and it feels like I’m on the upside now (?) where I can finally move around without being dizzy and nauseous and finally ate a real meal the other night that wasn’t toast or soup. Doc says this new Delta variant is worse because it stays airborne longer and is highly contagious. I will admit we became very lazy with our mask wearing out here and with our heat it’s easy to do. So just a word of caution for everyone is don’t take this damn virus lightly because no matter how great of shape you’re in it’ll knock you flat out.

Now I do need to go and read the “Where’s Dave thread”. I’ve been well briefed about it and I’m sure I’m in for some good laughs.? You guys and girls are the best and it’s a blessing to be part of such a great group! Thank you for all the messages and text, they really helped get me through all this.

@Chris M said this to me in a text and it was so very true that I hope he doesn't mind that I copied it here..

"Who knew such a wide collection of keyboard warriors could have such tender hearts towards one another"?

Radioman

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x2, 2017 Toyota Limited Highlander w/Platinum Pkg., 2012 Jeep JK Rubicon
Occupation
Retired RF Telecommications Manager
I'm dealing with COVID now as well. Was vaccinated back in February. I agree, it sucks. I've spiked fevers of 104 but Tylenol seems to work. I'm also hoping I'm on the last leg. Can't eat anything and keep it down.

Sounds like your symptoms are much worse.

Take care my friend and get well soon.
I hope you start on the road to recovery very soon Jim.

Matt20714

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT
My thoughts and prayers are with you and to the others going through the same. What a nasty, nasty virus.

I had my first born, who is immunocompromised, during this pandemic. I am lucky to have his mom work from home and I’ve done daddy daycare every since this crap exploded over here. Silver lining is I get to spend every day with the little guy.

Hug your family and loved ones everyday.

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
I'm dealing with COVID now as well. Was vaccinated back in February. I agree, it sucks. I've spiked fevers of 104 but Tylenol seems to work. I'm also hoping I'm on the last leg. Can't eat anything and keep it down.

Sounds like your symptoms are much worse.

Take care my friend and get well soon.
I hate that for you. I wish you a fast and thorough recovery. :)

JJG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Crew Cab
Yep it's all safe now. Get your clotshot!
It was actually a c*ck shot for me. Its like rebar now, the wife hangs her wet towel off of it. Could never do that before the vaccine!! I dont mind being a towel boy every now and then, but Im starting to feel used and objectified. Shes like #1 on 3 strength training peloton classes now, and my booster isn't until December. I see some major galling issues in my future. No one talks about this type of side effect. My galled junk matters, dammit!!!

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Today is day 19 and I can honestly say I feel like I'm on the other side now. ? Still very weak and having a hard time sleeping through the night but the nausea is mostly gone and finally starting to get a consistent apatite back.

What's weird is I woke up this morning and felt generally good but around 2 pm I started getting that hot feeling through my legs and side and instantly became tired and weak, menopause hot flashes? lol Greg @GTGallop explains this well here. It's not as hot and intense as it was a week ago but it still there. Very strange virus for sure but I'm hoping this may help others if they, friends/family ever get this. I pray none of you ever have to go through this.

FunInTheSun

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XL 4x4, STX, in Velocity Blue
Occupation
Engineer (Semi-Retired)
Vehicle Showcase
Today is day 19 and I can honestly say I feel like I'm on the other side now. ? Still very weak and having a hard time sleeping through the night but the nausea is mostly gone and finally starting to get a consistent apatite back.

What's weird is I woke up this morning and felt generally good but around 2 pm I started getting that hot feeling through my legs and side and instantly became tired and weak, menopause hot flashes? lol Greg @GTGallop explains this well here. It's not as hot and intense as it was a week ago but it still there. Very strange virus for sure but I'm hoping this may help others if they, friends/family ever get this. I pray none of you ever have to go through this.
Hey, Dave. As a fellow Dave, I am rooting for you to get better. I have been exposed to the WuFlu several times, and in fact, I think we are going through a Delta strain incident in our house right now. Fairly mild symptoms for us, Thank God.

For some in-depth discussion of helpful nutritional support for health and recovery, have a look at Dr. Andrew Saul's excellent web resource. Since you are bed-ridden anyway, have a look.
http://doctoryourself.com

The Chinese have been using Vitamin C for prevention and recovery since February or March 2020, and their COVID statistics are incredible. (I know, you can't trust any information coming out of China, but still, there are seemingly reliable reports you can read...)

I can tell you, Vitamin C really helps me any time I am challenged by illness. Talk to your doctor about intravenous Vitamin C. It is really helpful when your immune system is undergoing immense challenges. You can get it without going to a hospital.
Specific usage of Vitamin C in severe illness.
http://doctoryourself.com/cathcart_C_summary.html

Mandatory disclaimer - I am not a doctor, and this is not to be considered medical advice. Consult a licensed physician for any important medical decision.

viperwolf

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Everest 4x4 Titanium BI Turbo, 2015 Ford Ecosport Titanium
Occupation
Retired Military
I'm reading through this thread and the companion thread, and I'm starting to get this really crazy idea that a truck forum may not be the best place to get medical advice.
Ancient Wuhon Chinese secret,,,,,,,Real Doctors Drive Ford Trucks
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.