I Hate People and One Payment and Bumper Hacked!

VidPro

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Saber XLT - 2014 Mustang GT Convertible
So I come out of my house today and notice something that must have happened a couple of days ago. Driver’s side corner of front bumper.
A3D7DF33-6044-44A7-8875-7EE960A281A7.jpeg
C6F30DCC-9899-427E-9B3B-1F1B2C85166F.jpeg

They cracked the clear on the front nose piece. The bumper scratches are too deep to buff out. It looked worse before I cleaned off the white paint. I swear if I knew who did it...:angry:
Sponsored

stangertwc

First Name
Thad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX | 2003 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra
Vehicle Showcase
sorry to see that. I feel your pain brother - 147 miles and came out to the parking lot to this (Hit/run)

I questioned humanity for quite awhile but it’s back like new

All I can say is Karma

4B64E712-5445-4976-88F6-17ECE92DA21D.jpeg

IdahoRanger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat SuperCrew FX4
Occupation
RETIRED
sorry to see that. I feel your pain brother - 147 miles and came out to the parking lot to this (Hit/run)

All I can say is Karma

That sucks Thad. I'm in Meridian as well.

Radioman

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x2, 2017 Toyota Limited Highlander w/Platinum Pkg., 2012 Jeep JK Rubicon
Occupation
Retired RF Telecommications Manager
That sucks Thad. I'm in Meridian as well.
Same thing happened to my wife's car which was parked on a residential street. No note left on the car. Repair cost was over $4,000 of which I paid the deductible. I don't understand why people can do something like hit and run and live with themselves. Maybe I grew up in a different time...

chasvs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, 2017 MB GLE350, 2006 Porsche Cayman S
Vehicle Showcase
Same thing happened to my wife's car which was parked on a residential street. No note left on the car. Repair cost was over $4,000 of which I paid the deductible. I don't understand why people can do something like hit and run and live with themselves. Maybe I grew up in a different time...
He’ll, down here in Florida they run over bikers and pedestrians and keep on going!

OP
OP
VidPro

VidPro

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Saber XLT - 2014 Mustang GT Convertible
Agreed! A door ding is one thing, but hitting a car and no note? I couldn’t live with myself.

Anyway, called my favorite body shop and they’re gonna look at next week.

svache

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat SuperCrew Saber, 2012 BMW 328i
Vehicle Showcase

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase

All I can say is Karma

Hi Thad,

That really sucks that you would get hit and no note. Happens here in Green Valley AZ...folks way too old to drive. Was in the UPS Store getting my mail and some packages a year ago...Saw this Toilette Pirus try to park and ended up raking the side of a Chrysler Mini Van...all the way down the side. I approached the Toilette Pirus driver and this hollow in the eyes guy gets out. I told hm he damaged the vehicle next to him...he looked at me and ambled over the lane and into the barber shop. I figured the car that was hit belonged to someone in this bar/restaurant next to the barber shop. I knew the staff of the restaurant and announced if anyone was driving a Red Chrysler Mini Van. There were two couples sitting in a booth and this fellow said he owned one... I told him to check his vehicle as a red one was hit. Sure enough it was his van. I told the van owner that the old guy that hit him was in the barber shop and we end inside and I id'd the guy that raked the vehicle. The van owner challenged this guy and he had no recollection of the incident or me challenging him to leave a note.... I left the two fellows to "work it out"...

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

ch47dmechanic

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
These things are everywhere in San Francisco...

https://www.bumperbully.com/

The mere fact that they're necessary indicates to me that people simply don't give a shit about other people's property anymore.

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
These things are everywhere in San Francisco...

https://www.bumperbully.com/

The mere fact that they're necessary indicates to me that people simply don't give a shit about other people's property anymore.
Hi Jason,

I had a engineer from New York that said New Yourkers park by ear....:shock:

Best.
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

IdahoRanger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat SuperCrew FX4
Occupation
RETIRED
Need to bring back curb feelers.:crackup:

mlosi762

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
Had the same thing happen to me a few days ago, after stopping to grab a coffee. Thankfully, a good Samaritan saw it happen, waited for me to get in my truck and flagged me down as I was about to drive off. The lady who hit it, just backed up and parked in another spot and decided to go about her day. Driver was tracked down, police called, and incident report filed. Her insurance is covering it, but since it happened on "private property", no citation was issued to her. Oh well, $hit happens I guess, just glad somebody took time out of their day to let me know what happened. Otherwise I would have driven off, and discovered it later to be but a mystery.

23.jpg

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
Had the same thing happen to me a few days ago, after stopping to grab a coffee. Thankfully, a good Samaritan saw it happen, waited for me to get in my truck and flagged me down as I was about to drive off. The lady who hit it, just backed up and parked in another spot and decided to go about her day. Driver was tracked down, police called, and incident report filed. Her insurance is covering it, but since it happened on "private property", no citation was issued to her. Oh well, $hit happens I guess, just glad somebody took time out of their day to let me know what happened. Otherwise I would have driven off, and discovered it later to be but a mystery.

23.jpg
That is a really sad commentary on society today. I understand accidents happen, but at least have the guts to fess up to it.

It is nice to know that there are still people around who try and do the right thing.

viperwolf

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Everest 4x4 Titanium BI Turbo, 2015 Ford Ecosport Titanium
Occupation
Retired Military
Are you guys in big cities? People seem more respectful in smaller towns, maybe things have changed sense Ive been gone. I hate to see pics like this, it really irritates me and its not even my vehicle. Invest in a dash cam that has motion and giro sensors. That way if somebody touches it, the cameras in front and back will start recording. I prefer the mirror type but thats not necessary. I tell you it will get you out of some bad situations .
Sponsored