I Hate People and One Payment and Bumper Hacked!

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCab XL - FX4 - Magnetic - Rocksliders
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
Hit and runs are so common place here in Denver they stopped reporting them on the local TV news. Sanctuary city related problem. "Denver has had 6079 hit and runs reported so far this year, an average of 563.4 per month / 18.5 per day."

https://crime.denverpost.com/crime/traffic-accident-hit-and-run/

Legendary drag racer Don Garlits tells a story about being a kid.. said he hadn't had is drivers license long. He was sitting at a stop light, light turned green and the guy behind him bumped into him. He stopped, got out and walked up to the old man behind him and asked the old man just what he thought he was doing?

The old man said: "Son, why do you think they call them bumpers?"
Sponsored

OP
OP
VidPro

VidPro

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Saber XLT - 2014 Mustang GT Convertible
Looks like I have lots of company. Again, people suck!

I’m in the Boston area so I’ve seen a lot. The fact is there are a lot people that think it’s no big deal. I’ve had several people tell me that’s nothing, it’s just a scuff.

I called my favorite body shop on the south shore and I’ll have a quote in a couple of weeks. I think if I put clear bra on this would be nothing.

OP
OP
VidPro

VidPro

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Two shopping carts planted on my driver side door just now. I hope the people that did this rot alive and then suffer in the afterlife. Here I am always making sure any cart I use gets put away so it can’t roll. What’s the point of trying to keep a vehicle nice? Second car payment second hack on my new truck.

EE3315EF-3E6D-4B74-B4EF-28FB60E012B0.jpeg

Radioman

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x2, 2017 Toyota Limited Highlander w/Platinum Pkg., 2012 Jeep JK Rubicon
Occupation
Retired RF Telecommications Manager
Two shopping carts planted on my driver side door just now. I hope the people that did this rot alive and then suffer in the afterlife. Here I am always making sure any cart I use gets put away so it can’t roll. What’s the point of trying to keep a vehicle nice? Second car payment second hack on my new truck.

I'm so sorry you are having such bad luck with your new truck. Maybe time to consider rock rails or maybe running boards.

viperwolf

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Everest 4x4 Titanium BI Turbo, 2015 Ford Ecosport Titanium
Occupation
Retired Military

I always put the carts up, even if I have to walk across the lot. Ill pick up stragglers along the way also, it literally takes no effort. However, Ill go outside and there will be a dang cart right behind or beside my vehicle. You literally need a 360dgr camera DVR now and days. People have lost their moral compass, thats pathetic and sad.

Toytec

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT 302a S/cab 4X4 w/diff lock MG
Occupation
Automotive technician, Retired.
Vehicle Showcase

Fear not. Suuuper easy fix. These doors are so thin. I already tapped someone's outside mirror and sure enough! Small dent. Like I said, the metal is thin enough that dent removal tools easily fixes them. And they're so cheap!! Like this one for under 10 bux.
https://www.amazon.com/AUTOPDR-Pain...970&s=automotive&sprefix=dent,aps,170&sr=1-11

Desert_5G

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Vehicle Showcase
Its probably the main reason why I decided to get running boards. Parking in parking garages and parking lots. Even through I try not to park near anyone. The running boards a good extra protection again car doors. But probably not to much again karts. Can't fix lazy people that's for sure.

viperwolf

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Military
Talking about dent removal, if you find that special artist. They can do some amazing work! I had a guy in Clarksville,TN that worked wonders on my truck.

OP
OP
VidPro

VidPro

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the info. I think running boards are a must as a bit of protection. There seems to be no paint damage so I assume a good dent removal place can clean it up.

And people laugh at me for not taking my Mustang to certain places I know this crap will happen.

SubVet

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat - 2020 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase

Where the dent is would have been protected by aftermarket molding. I bought and installed them for $130. They attach where the dent may be on your truck. Like the truck one inch higher in the rear.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07NS9CFWP/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

20191214_132949.jpg

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
Has anyone mentioned dash cams? Front and rear with parked mode. That and park far away from everyone...

viperwolf

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Military
Has anyone mentioned dash cams? Front and rear with parked mode. That and park far away from everyone...
I wont drive without them now.

SubVet

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat - 2020 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I bought an Aukey unit for about 40 bucks. Works very well. After about a week of this thing I'm not going to probably replace it with anything better, it's good enough for what it's supposed to do. I ran the power cable from the top Center windshield under the headliner down the a-pillar. Pull the adapter through all the crap behind the steering wheel ended up attaching it to the driver side 12 volt receptacle.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07S21KCPZ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

unnamed (4039).jpg

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
I bought an Aukey unit for about 40 bucks. Works very well. After about a week of this thing I'm not going to probably replace it with anything better, it's good enough for what it's supposed to do. I ran the power cable from the top Center windshield under the headliner down the a-pillar. Pull the adapter through all the crap behind the steering wheel ended up attaching it to the driver side 12 volt receptacle.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07S21KCPZ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

unnamed (4039).jpg
I have a Garmin 55 facing forward...like to add another for the rear later on...and I park far away when I can...

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase

unnamed (4039).jpg
I would be curious to see this in a larger photo of the entire windshield. Curious how much space this camera occupies from the field of view. For $40, it is tempting for sure.
Sponsored