First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat SuperCrew FX4
Occupation
RETIRED
I drove my Ranger today. Coming out of Costco, the light was just right and the hood looked really off, big overhang to the fender on the drivers side.

I got home and just had to check in the garage light (straight down light), perfectly aligned on both sides!

That is it for sure, no more checking and rechecking…. Maybe it is haunted?
It was the wallet is light on one side due to excessive Costco purchases.
Sponsored

deleriumtremor

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Retired
It was the wallet is light on one side due to excessive Costco purchases.
Not sure that's it, as I noticed it as I approached it in the handicapped space. For now, I am sticking with haunted. ;)

But, I think it does explain why I didn't need the cane on my way out! :)

NvrFinished

First Name
Shea
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XLT 4x4 Rapid Red
I've adjusted mine twice now. Passenger side lines up. The driver's side still has a slight overhang even though I've pulled the fender out as far as I believe it will go.

It's my tailgate that bugs me. I have a gap on the driver's side that is approximately 3/8" larger than that on the passenger side.

pbethel

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2016 Ford t250 Transit
Occupation
retired
I had the same alignment issue too. That can be fixed by adjustment of the front bump stop on drivers side. About 1/4” higher and the gaps match up. The fender isn’t all that difficult to adjust. I found it’s easier with 2 people though. You have to pull pretty hard to get to the extreme adjustment refastening point
As I said in another post, "I remember when..."
I only looked at the alignment because of this post.
"If it aint broke don't fix it". Afraid of "opening another can of worms"
But that's just me. Runs and drives good.

Cg32

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger FX4
Occupation
Sales Leadership
I never realized I had this issue until i saw this thread….. FML …. One more thing to obsess over! It’s only on the drivers side so now I will scour the pages to see how to fix it and probably find something else to check while doing so. Hahahaha

OP
OP
paval3

paval3

First Name
Val
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT Crewcab & 2003 Mountaineer Premier
As you probably know from my name, I'm a woman. I'm over 60 and small... is the adjustment something I can do myself or do I need a second set of hands and maybe someone with more strength. I have RA in my hands & wrists so I'm limited in doing some things requiring hand strength. Do I have to be able to pull the fender out with one hand while tightening the bolt with the other hand??

THLONE

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Chev C-20, 2019 Ford Ranger XL 4X4
Occupation
internet wise guy
Vehicle Showcase
It is not a "hood over hang" , its a hang over hood. As far as what people call auto parts. I have heard lots of different names called out. :surprised:Different locals have their own names, also.

IdahoRanger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat SuperCrew FX4
Occupation
RETIRED
As you probably know from my name, I'm a woman. I'm over 60 and small... is the adjustment something I can do myself or do I need a second set of hands and maybe someone with more strength. I have RA in my hands & wrists so I'm limited in doing some things requiring hand strength. Do I have to be able to pull the fender out with one hand while tightening the bolt with the other hand??
Hi Val, I haven't had to do this on mine so hopefully somebody will chime in on the difficulty of this.

Steve

Bob902

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
Occupation
RETIRED!!!!
You will probably need some help. One person to hold the fender in place while you tighten things back down.
Sponsored