2021 JLURD / Former: 2021 Ranger Lariat FX4

BettaRanga

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Screw 4x4 Lariat 501a Blk App Carbonized Gray
Yup. It's no frills except for the WIFI, but it works!
Really going back and forth with it all but that’s good to know about not needing a windows machine.

Reactions: Doc

CO2Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yup. It's no frills except for the WIFI, but it works!
Really going back and forth with it all but that’s good to know about not needing a windows machine.
I have both Livernois and Unleashed. So far, Unleashed performance tune with torquerules shift pattern has been my favorite. The value with Livernois is nice but I had weird quirks with each of their tunes.

The Unleashed was the Goldilocks for me.

Josebd

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford ranger xlt
Occupation
Road maintenance county
If you have a engine failure with a tune ,can you put the factory tune back in it and get away with it or will Ford know what happened?
void the warranty!

Superspirit

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 ranger
If you have a engine failure with a tune ,can you put the factory tune back in it and get away with it or will Ford know what happened?
void the warranty!
Ford will know, several ways for them to tell. But if the failure was not caused by the tune they cannot void the warranty. It's called the Magnuson moss act.

CO2Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford will know, several ways for them to tell. But if the failure was not caused by the tune they cannot void the warranty. It's called the Magnuson moss act.
If the engine goes boom it won't take them long to figure out you were pushing boost values higher than the factory ECU allows. It would be damned difficult for you to defend against that if it went to court or arbitration.

You always pay to play...

Superspirit

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 ranger
If the engine goes boom it won't take them long to figure out you were pushing boost values higher than the factory ECU allows. It would be damned difficult for you to defend against that if it went to court or arbitration.

You always pay to play...
As I said, if the tune wasn't at fault they can't void the warranty. If the engine fails and it wasn't caused by the tune then it will be covered. Sometimes cranks, cams and pistons fail, from factory defects. After 30 plus years as an ASE master auto tech I've seen a lot of failures Not caused by a tune. Usually caused by lack of maintenence.

CO2Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
As I said, if the tune wasn't at fault they can't void the warranty. If the engine fails and it wasn't caused by the time then it will be covered.
And what I'm saying is that there's a good chance that you're going to be facing a steep uphill battle.

I'm familiar with the law, but it's going to be challenging to talk or lawyer your way out of a blown engine with a tune.

Superspirit

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 ranger
And what I'm saying is that there's a good chance that you're going to be facing a steep uphill battle.

I'm familiar with the law, but it's going to be challenging to talk or lawyer your way out of a blown engine with a tune.
Man the fear mongering on this site is unreal. Think it's time for me to leave this place, no wonder scorpion disappeared. Think I'll join him

CO2Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Man the fear mongering on this site is unreal. Think it's time for me to leave this place, no wonder scorpion disappeared. Think I'll join him
Bye!

Superspirit

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 ranger
Your A Total Asshole aren't you? No need to answer your posts on this forum prove it!

Dgc333

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Engineer
I wouldn't call it fear mongering, it's more of a case of setting realistic expectations. My son was a service manager at a CDJR dealership and he used to be amazed at the number of people that would come in with a Challenger/Charger with an after market supercharger & tune with a holed piston expecting it to be repaired under warranty. Same with the Wranger crowd when they had a drive line / suspension failure on a vehicle with a 6" lift & 40" tires.

As others have said; "if you want to play you have to be prepared to pay".

got3fords

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT Sport
Your A Total Asshole aren't you? No need to answer your posts on this forum prove it!
This is why you should quote whoever you are name calling. There is a lot of back and forth on this thread. You should use the quote function to see who you are referring to.

OP
OP
TORQUERULES

TORQUERULES

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Not sure if any of you guys care or not, but I found out recently that a Ford tech can use IDF to turn off the adaptive learning strategy on the transmission. I asked Torrie if you could do that in a tune and he said he would get back to me. He just got back to me and asked me what to follow us using. So I'm guessing he's going to send me a file with that turned off to try. I'll report back if that's the case and let you know how it shifts with no adaptive learning.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Not sure if any of you guys care or not, but I found out recently that a Ford tech can use IDF to turn off the adaptive learning strategy on the transmission. I asked Torrie if you could do that in a tune and he said he would get back to me. He just got back to me and asked me what to follow us using. So I'm guessing he's going to send me a file with that turned off to try. I'll report back if that's the case and let you know how it shifts with no adaptive learning.
Yes we (at least some of us do) care and thanks for the info! I'm going to be trying the tune you designed with him once I get my new Tremor next week. Looking forward to your follow up.
Sponsored