First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Ranger
Occupation
Paralegal
I got the Unleashed 93 Performance tune and love it! I had Torrie bake in the Torquerules shift schedule which was great, but I do a fair amount of short highway driving (My house - to office- to campus- back to office- house.) I notice on these trips that my truck was staying in 8th gear for longer than I wanted for MPG purposes. I reached out to Torrie on Wednesday and we discussed the parameters for the truck shifting into 9th/10th gear, and about 15 minutes later he shot me a revision that keeps the lower gear schedule for acceleration/regular driving, but makes the truck shift to the taller gears earlier for MPG purposes. So far, its been great!!!

Josebd

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford ranger xlt
Occupation
Road maintenance county
Obligatory Magnusson Act reference.

I have several other mods on my truck. Worst case, my local mechanic can fix it if I break it, or replace it all together. And for less than Ford would. As they say, you pay to play. There were enough people, for enough years running Unleashed tunes that I felt comfortable diving in.

Next up for me will be multiple gauges to monitor conditions - a lot of times, you can see things coming if you're looking. If I relied on this truck for my job, or it was my only car, I'd definitely be more wary, however. So I understand.
have you hit the red line on the rpm’s?

Reactions: Doc

CAB

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT Tremor 301A; 2021 Lincoln Nautilus
Occupation
Insurance Adjuster
Gas mileage?? I installed my Unleashed tune 1.5 months ago and my mileage is a bit worse. However we have had a really cold and rainy winter so that I am sure plays into the worse mileage. For me too it's only 4 miles to work and this is my daily driver so it's not going to get super mileage around my town. I will know better from May-September. It seems like everyone gets better or the same MPG with all of the tunes (Unleashed, Livernois or Ford Performance).
Also curious about everyone’s gas mileage. I have the 93 performance and 87 Tow and my mileage averages about 18.6 City, most of the time.

Reactions: Doc

Elkhounds

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger Lariat
Had a 2015 F-350 with DP tuner and 4Star tuning. Really do NOT like the shifting on this Ranger. So I always just run 87 and will sometime tow. Just thinking of getting the 87 daily/tow. Anyone running just that? Sounds like you are not supposed to ever tow with the performance tunes and I would rather not retune when I tow.

Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 HPP Mustang, 2021 Ranger STX,2022 Subaru WRX
Occupation
Retired
I have a BDX tuner with Unleashed 93 performance tune in it. I will sell it for $250.00, but you would have ask Torrie to unlock it .
Regards
Doc

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I have a BDX tuner with Unleashed 93 performance tune in it. I will sell it for $250.00, but you would have ask Torrie to unlock it .
Regards
Doc
Doc I'll PM you about it.

Elkhounds

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger Lariat
WOW. So I ordered the SCT from Unleashed on Monday and it arrived on Wednesday. I emailed Torrie at 7:10am today (Thursday) with my strategy and he emailed back that he needed the S/N. Sent him that and he had my tune to me by 7:30. Awesome service and can't wait to get this installed.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
WOW. So I ordered the SCT from Unleashed on Monday and it arrived on Wednesday. I emailed Torrie at 7:10am today (Thursday) with my strategy and he emailed back that he needed the S/N. Sent him that and he had my tune to me by 7:30. Awesome service and can't wait to get this installed.
From what I see being posted by many here I don't thing he ever sleeps. lol I'm looking forward to trying his tune in my new Tremor.

RAYJAY

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ranger pickup 2019 subaru
How does the trans shift?
torrie is a god on these trans mine is also tuned by unleashed and super smooth shifts , running his 89 tune now and getting 21 to 23 mpg
Sponsored