First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor
Occupation
Security Engineer
Pretty standard report: Torrie is awesome, fast to reply to emails, doesn't speak much, great customer service, overall great experience. And my truck feels ridiculous. I genuinely have to watch my foot now, because it's very easy to speed. But it feels great so far (just a few days). For anyone on the fence, feel free to ask any questions. Otherwise, just wanted to take a moment to give Torrie more praise.
Sponsored

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Question: Why am I too paranoid and neurotic to tune my Ranger? ?
Mike I was the same. There's even some posts from 2019 where I said I'd never tune mine, that lasted 1 year. lol I'm glad I did and my only regret is not doing sooner. If you're on the fence seriously do it you'll be glad you dd! :wink:

got3fords

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT Sport
Mike I was the same. There's even some posts from 2019 where I said I'd never tune mine, that lasted 1 year. lol I'm glad I did and my only regret is not doing sooner. If you're on the fence seriously do it you'll be glad you dd! :wink:
I was also on the fence for quite some time. I researched the hell out it until I felt comfortable enough to pull the trigger. I have 0 regrets.

BettaRanga

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Screw 4x4 Lariat 501a Blk App Carbonized Gray
Mike I was the same. There's even some posts from 2019 where I said I'd never tune mine, that lasted 1 year. lol I'm glad I did and my only regret is not doing sooner. If you're on the fence seriously so it you'll be glad you dd! :wink:
I probably would be ok since I plan to keep it 5-7 years (14 months in now), but I would only risk hitting Sid’s 95k if I stopped working mostly remote. At this rate I’m at less than 10k per year which includes some family trips. I bought the 8/100 warranty so would just hate for Ford to deny something because of the tune.

TOMDEE

Banned
Banned
First Name
tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 lariat
Occupation
retired
I WENT WITH FORDS PERFORMANCE TUNE AND HAVEN'T REGRETTED IT AT ALL. GREAT GAS MILEAGE, SMOOTH SHIFTING TON OF POWER. MORE POWER THAN MY 2006 MUSTANGS 4.6 V8!!

MXGOLF

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lucille my 2020 Ranger Lariat 4x4 -2007 Yamaha FZ6
Occupation
Sales / Photographer
I too have the Unleashed tune and it's fantastic. Shifting is way, way better and the power is sweet. No regrets at all. I also got a tow tune for pulling my tent trailer. Not sure I really need the tow tune and won't have a chance to use it until July-August and September.

OP
OP
Tremortized

Tremortized

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Security Engineer
I probably would be ok since I plan to keep it 5-7 years (14 months in now), but I would only risk hitting Sid’s 95k if I stopped working mostly remote. At this rate I’m at less than 10k per year which includes some family trips. I bought the 8/100 warranty so would just hate for Ford to deny something because of the tune.
Obligatory Magnusson Act reference.

I have several other mods on my truck. Worst case, my local mechanic can fix it if I break it, or replace it all together. And for less than Ford would. As they say, you pay to play. There were enough people, for enough years running Unleashed tunes that I felt comfortable diving in.

Next up for me will be multiple gauges to monitor conditions - a lot of times, you can see things coming if you're looking. If I relied on this truck for my job, or it was my only car, I'd definitely be more wary, however. So I understand.

gwhalin

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
I was also never going to tune mine. Have had the truck for 18 months and have had it tuned for probably 14 months. I am really considering getting this unleashed tune for the trans shift pattern even though I am running Livernois and have zero complaints. I have a problem with self control!

Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 HPP Mustang, 2021 Ranger STX,2022 Subaru WRX
Occupation
Retired
I was also never going to tune mine. Have had the truck for 18 months and have had it tuned for probably 14 months. I am really considering getting this unleashed tune for the trans shift pattern even though I am running Livernois and have zero complaints. I have a problem with self control!
Good Choice !

got3fords

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT Sport
I WENT WITH FORDS PERFORMANCE TUNE AND HAVEN'T REGRETTED IT AT ALL. GREAT GAS MILEAGE, SMOOTH SHIFTING TON OF POWER. MORE POWER THAN MY 2006 MUSTANGS 4.6 V8!!
COOL, THANK YOU!

got3fords

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT Sport
How are your tunes affecting your gas mileage?
Just filled up this morning and it looks right about the same as before, around 25. The first fill up was about 1 or 2 higher, but it was less than 6 gallons to full, so not a good comparison.
Sponsored