First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat FX4 Screw 501A ...
Occupation
EE
I'm a recent Ranger5g(er), but in my short time, I've noticed how valuable you were to the members of this site. As demonstrated by all these comments. Your frequent input will be greatly missed. Please stop by when life permits.
Sponsored

outdoorphotog

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lincoln Navigator L
Occupation
Limo Driver
Hi Folks,

There is an old saying at Ford...."There comes time in every program where you have to shoot the engineer and start production" There are decisions one must make in life as we get older...Family matters, health etc. So with much weighing of my point in life, It is time for me to say good bye to the 5G forums and fade into the woodwork. I simply cannot at this juncture spend the time it takes to read every forum post and for those posts, where I can contribute, respond. My life requires refocusing on other priorities.

So I am saying good bye to all forum members and wish all of you the best, happy motoring and good luck! It has been a good ride for me, but time that I move on.

I will lurk on these forums for a while as time permits, but my participation will be limited.

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired
Thanks for all your great contributions over the years!

viperwolf

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Everest 4x4 Titanium BI Turbo, 2015 Ford Ecosport Titanium
Occupation
Retired Military
We need a "Like All Post" button, bc no one is going to say anything bad about Phil IMO.

apotocki

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Network Force Analyst
Vehicle Showcase
Phil - Sorry to hear of your stepping back.....but certainly understood.
You will be missed and contrary to the old saying of "everyone is replaceable" - you are not.
Your knowledge, insight, and (especially) back stories have been invaluable and entertaining.

I wish you and your family the best.
Take Care.

Alan

McDeuce

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Tremor
Hi Folks,

There is an old saying at Ford...."There comes time in every program where you have to shoot the engineer and start production" There are decisions one must make in life as we get older...Family matters, health etc. So with much weighing of my point in life, It is time for me to say good bye to the 5G forums and fade into the woodwork. I simply cannot at this juncture spend the time it takes to read every forum post and for those posts, where I can contribute, respond. My life requires refocusing on other priorities.

So I am saying good bye to all forum members and wish all of you the best, happy motoring and good luck! It has been a good ride for me, but time that I move on.

I will lurk on these forums for a while as time permits, but my participation will be limited.

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired
Take care Phil! Thank you for the help, thoughts and comments! I hope you have a great time and enjoy!

PBtuba

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat, 1930 Ford Model A
Occupation
Executive
Take care, Phil, and thanks for all the posts you spent the time to create. I always read anything with your name on it, and appreciate the background and knowledge you have contributed. I just flat towed my Ranger for about 1400 miles, and your comments on the topic were super valuable. I plan to put up a full post in the next couple of days with all the details for others who may be curious.

OrangeStreak

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SCab STX 4X4 Towing Pkg. BFG K02's 265/70/17
Occupation
Retired. MTS degree. ANG veteran. 2nd Amendment supporter.
Phil,
Thank you for explaining your situation and sharing the focus that is necessary for you to follow. Your wit, wisdom and stories were appreciated and engaging. I especially remember your discussions about tire white sides vs black sides. I did some reminiscing about your input as it took me back to the days when I started driving, triggering the memory back to when 5 tire rotations were common :)...
Ranger Wheel Size Options | 2019+ Ford Ranger and Raptor Forum (5th Generation) - Ranger5G.com
Ranger Wheel Size Options | Page 2 | 2019+ Ford Ranger and Raptor Forum (5th Generation) - Ranger5G.com

May God bless you and strengthen you as you enter into this new stage of life and engage in the tasks that are necessary to keep your life situations in balance.
Sponsored

Last edited: