First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat, 2014 Harley Tri Glide
Occupation
Retired
Well, I've talked about this before where the dealer calls offering me just about anything for my Ranger. Today he called and told me he would give me $36,500 towards anything on the lot.

He didn't have anything that really floated my boat. To be honest, about the only thing that would entice me would be a white F-150 3.5L Ecoboost Super Crew Cab with the long bed. Not available within 500 miles new and who knows in used which would be my preference.

My dealer of choice is an auto group (Hyundai, Nissan and Kia ... three separate dealers in one group). Turns out, the Nissan dealer had a 2018, F-150 STX Super Crew in Lightning Blue with a color matched Leer Cap. The truck had 40K miles on it. I said I'd come in and look at it if he got it to the salesman I deal with.

He called me an hour later so the pup and I headed down.

Truck is listed as a 2 owner truck, but, the PO leased it, then bought it outright, so I guess in the world of CarFax that counts as two owners, not that I cared.

The PO was a sales rep for some company that services oil rigs or some such, he would drive there then sleep in the bed. There is a full length bed rug in the bed. It also has the trailer assist. Not sure I need that, but, it has it. It also has privacy tinting on the cab and the rear windows. Unless the sun is behind you, there rear view mirror in the cab is useless ... LOL.

The pup and I took it for a ride, and I fell in love (surprise surprise). I love the Ranger, but, at 6'1" 300#, it was a tad tight and crashing for a couple hours in it was just not an option.

Even though I loved the truck, I played hardball a bit.

Final Deal, I paid $38,00 for the F-150 and got $37,500. I got my three years of oil changes transferred to the F-150, and the lifetime warrantee was also transferred. The $500 deductible was upgraded to $100 for the first 5 years or 150,000 miles, then It goes back to $500 deductible as long as I own it.

Payment actually went down $6 a month for the same term, so basically, I leased the Ranger for 9 months ... LOL. I won't pick up the Big Girl until Monday or Tuesday. They had just taken it in and they still need to do the safety/mechanical inspection for their warrantee company and detail it. In the meantime, I'm driving the Ranger.

So here she is:

IMG_0313.JPG
IMG_0311.JPG
IMG_0310.JPG
IMG_0312.JPG
IMG_0315.JPG
IMG_0316.JPG
IMG_0319.JPG
IMG_0317.JPG
Sponsored

OP
OP
2020FRL

2020FRL

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
PS ... I learned so much here and thoroughly enjoyed being a member. I may pop in from time to time to see how it's going. I'll be joining a F-150 forum ... need. to see what forscan mods I can do ... LOL ... although, someone, guessing the PO, has already disabled led the start/stop thing.

puckdodger

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Black Lariat 2020 SOLD Black Cadillac XT5
nice new wheels. best of luck!

OP
OP
2020FRL

2020FRL

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Been doing some research ... of F-150.com ... I read about the freezing door latch and the dealer is gonna make sure it's done

Goddamn, that's a big ole bitch!
I really fell in love with the amount of cabin front room ... the rear is just ridiculous ... LOL. The pup got tethered to the front seat belt for the test ride because I was hesitant to move her car seat. She kept looking around the cab like she was overwhelmed. She's a Jack Russell Terrorist so she is rarely overwhelmed.

She barks at anything she see's that's bigger than what she's in. She was pretty quiet on the test ride.

I forgot to mention that the trip computer thing hadn't been zeroed in almost 14,000 miles. It said it was getting 21.2 mpg. That in a truck that big, I can live with that.

OP
OP
2020FRL

2020FRL

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Officially still a Ranger driver (Not sure if I'm an owner still ... LOL), the F-150 didn't get done today ... I may make them wait awhile ... they can't sell my Ranger if I'm driving it ... LOL ... I can be busy too! (who am I kidding ... I really want to start moving out the F-150 ... :blush:)

fusseli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat FX4 White Platinum Tri-Coat
Occupation
EE
Vehicle Showcase
Look at the size of that thing. Holy moly

Reactions: Doc

RedlyrsRevenge

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Carbonized Gray SuperCab STX FX4
Occupation
MH/FE Parts Salesman
Love that color. If I had the room for a full size I probably would have grabbed an F150 over my Ranger. The two years I had my Silverado were a pain due to parking spaces and apartment life.
Congrats on the new wheels and a job well negotiated.

OP
OP
2020FRL

2020FRL

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Update:

Just got a call from the dealer. The timing chain is bad, and there is a bad turbo. They have sent the truck to Ford to make the repairs.

Hopefully, I will no be a victim of supply chains. but, I'm prepped if I am.

OP
OP
2020FRL

2020FRL

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Not sure yet. The truck ran silky smooth during the 40 miles test drive. Good news ... I still have the Ranger, so I'm not driving a POS rental or worse ... walking ?

Update: Ford is doing the repairs (5year 50k warranty), and they just called. They will be replacing the timing gear and both turbos. So far, looks like supply chain isn't an issue.

OP
OP
2020FRL

2020FRL

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Just got an update on my truck.

The "bad turbos" is one that has to be cleaned, there its carbon. The "timing chain being bad" is a tiny leak on the timing chain cover. The big issue is the local Ford dealer is backed up until mid to late November.

My dealer offered to detail the truck, make an appointment with Ford and deliver the vehicle tomorrow.

I agreed on two conditions. One is I get a full tank of fuel. Two is they also schedule the four FSA's that are outstanding and cover any costs for those. I don't think old charges for those, but, I don't know.

Anyway, I'lll get it tomorrow, God Willing.

These are the FSA's taken right from Ford Pass:

img_0859_4186c9c092ac89a0a82c4672cd2ea50cb0906c6c.png

Does Ford charge for these?
Sponsored