Farewell!

Vitis805

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XL
Occupation
Wine Nerd
I got better mileage crossing the Rockies than I did in Utah. Inclines are a factor, but I find I take a much more severe hit to mileage from wind than inclines.
Oddly, I have found this as well. My recent trips to the Sierras and the surrounding towns with lots of big inclines and declines yielded better mileage than at my home with milder inclines and heavier headwinds and crosswinds.
Sponsored

Amsoil guy

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Hydro Vac operator/ Amsoil Dealer
I absolutely loved my Ranger and I will be heartbroken and jealous when I see somebody driving it, but being in D.C. for another few years, gas prices and just the overall economy, we decided to trade it in and get a Honda Accord hybrid. The FPP tune was forcing me to buy 93 octane and that mixed with 18mpg was starting to hurt (50mpg sounded much better). I will definitely miss walking Silverados, Rams and civics from a red light and I will especially miss my RTR bling. I’ll likely still be lurking because this forum/the people on it are awesome, but I won’t be apart of the Ranger club anymore ? If you end up buying my truck, please take care of her!

E0CD7730-9DC8-486D-8414-62424197A11A.jpeg

80FFA1ED-C80A-4D9D-9BC4-87157EE6E717.jpeg
I hear ya. It’s about $8-$9 a gallon here in British Columbia. Costs me over $150cdn for mid grade to fill up. I live 15 minutes from the border and it cost me $116 Canadian for Premium in Blaine , Washington.

JimG_AZ

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT FX4
Just about anywhere you go in the valley is stop and go with all the traffic we have today, my daily driving is usually all around the Goodyear area. I work at different houses all the time but they're generally within the city limits so I'm rarely commuting on the highway and if I am they're short trips up the 303. Mine has been like this ( 22.2 mpg) since I installed the tune and started using premium. I'm not saying you do but most are was to heavy on the gas and that kills your mileage. My buddy just picked up his Bronco last Thursday, a loaded Badlands with the Sasquatch package. Almost everyone on the Bronco forum says they can't hit 20 mpg with theirs (average seems to be 17) and he's getting 22.4 with a mixed driving.

The only time I see numbers under that is when I'm off roading then I'm looking at 17-18 mpg depending on what we're doing out there. Rock crawling or steeper trails up in Sedona I'll be around those numbers but going out to the desert where we go shooting is more a flat trail with some sandy washes so I might lose 1 mpg out and back. Driving style has A LOT to do with it along with many other variables but it can be done.
Not sure that I am racing around town in the Ranger. Mainly I think I am driving with traffic. Typically, I am cruising at 75-80mph on the highway though.

remtv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT , 2001 Subaru Outback
Occupation
Engineer, Student
RCBS 4x4. 5.0 with 3.73 locker. Fx4.
Man either you got a great dealer or you must be a master negotiator. I haven't been shopping for an f150 at all, but have thought about it, but when shopping for my ranger that's how much an 4x4 xlt was going for around me

Hounddog409

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Vehicle Showcase
Man either you got a great dealer or you must be a master negotiator. I haven't been shopping for an f150 at all, but have thought about it, but when shopping for my ranger that's how much an 4x4 xlt was going for around me
Discount through work. Got me 5k off msrp. Plus have a 2500 PCO, and Ford was giving 1K for orders. 8500 off MSRP before trade. Didnt have to negotiate at all.

There are 3 dealers over on the gen14 F150 forums that will order one for you at 3% under invoice. One in IOWA, one in NJ, and another that I cant remember location.

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
Not sure that I am racing around town in the Ranger. Mainly I think I am driving with traffic. Typically, I am cruising at 75-80mph on the highway though.
I hear you Jim. When I was driving around ;) the west valley, it wasn’t too bad and the I-10 was a breeze until I got near the 202. Whenever I got into the thick of things in Scottsdale, Peoria, or some parts of Tempe, it was a nightmare on gas. Bell Rd and Camelback can be parking lots at times. Then again, I was driving my ‘01 with it’s 4.0L with MPGs similar to an F150.:frown:

Some parts of the city are worse than others and the time of day can make a big difference - same here in Toronto.

Between you and me, I think @AzScorpion does most of his commute at 5:00 am. :D

Last edited:

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I hear you Jim. When I was driving around ;) the west valley, it wasn’t too bad and the I-10 was a breeze until I got near the 202. Whenever I got into the thick of things in Scottsdale, Peoria, or some parts of Tempe, it was a nightmare on gas. Bell Rd and Camelback can be parking lots at times. Then again, I was driving my ‘01 with it’s 4.0L with MPGs similar to an F150.:frown:

Some parts of the city are worse than others and the time of day can make a big difference - same hear in Toronto.

Even at that time it's now backed up on the I-10 here in the west valley. You wouldn't even recognize the area anymore it's grown so much just in the past 2-3 years. Even the people we've met on our trip have told us they hate driving through Phoenix now because the traffic is so bad. It's only a matter of time it'll be just as bad if not worse than LA.

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Chrome Iconic Silver
Occupation
COO of Dave's DeeZee Enterprising
Vehicle Showcase
Even at that time it's now backed up on the I-10 here in the west valley. You wouldn't even recognize the area anymore it's grown so much just in the past 2-3 years. Even the people we've met on our trip have told us they hate driving through Phoenix now because the traffic is so bad. It's only a matter of time it'll be just as bad if not worse than LA.
That would explain the wacko side trying to introduce parking meters as a solution...??

JimG_AZ

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT FX4

Some parts of the city are worse than others and the time of day can make a big difference - same hear in Toronto.

LOL! Todays fill-up netted 17.91 mpg. I actually tried to be easy on the throttle.

OP
OP
the5Gmartian

the5Gmartian

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
U.S. Navy
*Update on my truck* The salesman texted me and said my truck sold already. He said they had dozens of leads coming in and sat on the lot for a total of 2 days lol. Somebody hit the jackpot with it.

Chris M

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
Occupation
Security Supervisor
LOL! Todays fill-up netted 17.91 mpg. I actually tried to be easy on the throttle.
I'm not ragging on you by any means, but it just seems like you should be getting better than that, even around here. I'm pretty sure I'd have to keep mine wound up all the time to get my mpg down that low.

Hang in there!

JimG_AZ

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT FX4
not dff
I'm not ragging on you by any means, but it just seems like you should be getting better than that, even around here. I'm pretty sure I'd have to keep mine wound up all the time to get my mpg down that low.

Hang in there!
Trust me when I say this that it is not heavy on the gas. If I get heavy on the peddle, I'll bet I take the mpg to the low 16 range. About the only saving grace is that it is doing better than my 2011 Tacoma did. The last tank was in the upper 16 mpg range, but not counting that since part of the tank was towing a U-Haul trailer around. This coming week, I'll see how it pulls my camper. I expect @ 10 mpg on that trip.
Sponsored