Global multi leaf rear spring, anybody know spring design?

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
I gave it a shot, couldn't get the nut back on with them on. ?

I'll see how it does. I'll keep the pieces just in case.

Thanks for the replies!
This was our concern and why we skipped it.
Sponsored

wilsoN_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Tremor 2022 Kawasaki ZX-14R
Occupation
Logistics
I put mine on and had no issue with getting the nut back on... its the damper pad for the bumper.

CO2Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD / Former: 2021 Ranger Lariat FX4
Well the new leafs are on there. Initial measurements had me up a full inch on both sides.

I'm not in a big hurry to try and get those ubolt gutters on there. Definitely a different day. I'm pooped.

First drive tells me I made the right choice buying these. Bonus - the rear axle didn't come flying off.

CO2Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well the new leafs are on there. Initial measurements had me up a full inch on both sides.

I'm not in a big hurry to try and get those ubolt gutters on there. Definitely a different day. I'm pooped.

First drive tells me I made the right choice buying these. Bonus - the rear axle didn't come flying off.
Forgot to mention I did Raptor bump stops at the same time and they look fabulous.

Muffin1

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Silver STX 4X4 SC
Would removing a leaf from this global spring pack lower it to even out the rake, also lost payload? If anyone has experience or thoughts
thanks.

OP
OP
Fitzmotor

Fitzmotor

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor, 75 crewcab F350, 65 Mustang
Occupation
Retired from Honda Racing.
I deleted the 5th bottom leaf, I was a little concerned as it has the U guide, but I have had many trucks without a spring guide, I have loaded it quite a bit but not to capacity, if I bend the 4th leaf in a heavy load situation I will be surprised, the bump stops will come into play before the upper leafs get loaded enough to reverse arc over the 4th leaf and put enough load to bend it, plus I wanted the lower height so I was willing to gamble it.
Plus that gives you enough bolt to get the bump stop pad on there (actually you have to shorten it a hair)
But now I may pull the bump stop pad when I put in the Raptor stops to give me the 1/2" additional travel.

Muffin1

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Silver STX 4X4 SC
Thanks for the reply, was there a particular reason you removed the bottom leaf, I don’t know that much about modding springs lol
could a middle leaf been removed with similar results?
Also did the ride change positive or neg or not noticeable?
And I’m guessing your satisfied with the leveling?

CO2Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just an update:
These are glorious. With the Fox 2.0 setup these springs are like Cadillac ride quality for a truck. Haven't gone off-road, but went down a dirt road and it felt like the truck was just floating over the ruts. Best. Upgrade. Ever.

If Ford had put these on from the factory, they probably could have doubled their sales. I'm over the moon with these. My only remaining question is if, during full compression, they will push the shackle back to where it makes contact with the back of the shackle mount/frame.

There's no way to articulate the difference, but I'm sure Tremor owners know what I'm talking about.

OP
OP
Fitzmotor

Fitzmotor

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I removed it to help lower the back.
No that would not work, the very bottom one is your only choice if you wanted to remove a spring.
The ride comes from the thin long upper springs, the two bottom thick springs are for heavy loading, so the ride did not change.
That's complicated, I got these springs hoping they would lower the back, they were the same height as the Tremor springs, pulled the 5th leaf, it dropped 5/8", then I sent them out to be de-arced 1.5" that got the truck level, so finally I'm satisfied with the leveling.

Muffin1

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Silver STX 4X4 SC
I removed it to help lower the back.
No that would not work, the very bottom one is your only choice if you wanted to remove a spring.
The ride comes from the thin long upper springs, the two bottom thick springs are for heavy loading, so the ride did not change.
That's complicated, I got these springs hoping they would lower the back, they were the same height as the Tremor springs, pulled the 5th leaf, it dropped 5/8", then I sent them out to be de-arced 1.5" that got the truck level, so finally I'm satisfied with the leveling.
OK thanks for the info, so having to have the springs de-arced in addition to removing a leaf,
then maybe I should look into having my single leaf springs de-arced to start, don't know if that would be possible to get a roughly 2'' drop out of them, will have to find out from a spring shop.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Milkman
Raptor bumpstops came in.

Does that locating tab need removed before install on our Rangers?

OP
OP
Fitzmotor

Fitzmotor

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Yes, cut/grind it off. either that or drill a hole in the frame for it...., just cut it off!

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Milkman
Yes, cut/grind it off. either that or drill a hole in the frame for it...., just cut it off!
Ok. I'll take a cutoff wheel to them.

CO2Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ok. I'll take a cutoff wheel to them.
I cut them off, ground them flat, then hit with some flat black rattle can for good measure.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Milkman
I cut them off, ground them flat, then hit with some flat black rattle can for good measure.
That's the plan. Thanks for the reassurance.
Sponsored