Global multi leaf rear spring, anybody know spring design?

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
Glad I’ve got in early.Getting ready to do my installation in the next 2 weeks.Is there any negative effect of leaving the bottom leaf out ? I am not really wanting to raise the rear any as I am looking to keep about 1.5in rake.If the I raise the rear my tires will look small and I will wanna go to a 285.I tow and don’t want to take away from my towing ability.
For what it's worth, removing a leaf MIGHT diminish your towing capability.

The ROW Rangers, which these springs come from, have a tow rating similar to ours here. Removing a leaf leaves a big question mark in my mind in regards to tow rating/payload.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Fitzmotor

Fitzmotor

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor, 75 crewcab F350, 65 Mustang
Occupation
Retired from Honda Racing.
I think it would be at the upper end of the load capacity, I've loaded the truck pretty well in the bed while towing and there still is a gap between the 2 bottom springs, it should be worse for me as I have given up some of my spacing with the de-arcing.

Bottom line it has to reduce it some removing the 5th leaf.

It's a interesting design though, usually the thin upper leafs are supported by a single thick lower leaf, like the Ranger Tremor or my F350, the global pack has two thick lower leafs, I would like to see how much the longer thick leaf would bow over the short thick leaf fully loaded.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Milkman
I think it would be at the upper end of the load capacity, I've loaded the truck pretty well in the bed while towing and there still is a gap between the 2 bottom springs, it should be worse for me as I have given up some of my spacing with the de-arcing.

Bottom line it has to reduce it some removing the 5th leaf.

It's a interesting design though, usually the thin upper leafs are supported by a single thick lower leaf, like the Ranger Tremor or my F350, the global pack has two thick lower leafs, I would like to see how much the longer thick leaf would bow over the short thick leaf fully loaded.
My thoughts exactly.

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Mail Carrier (retired) Navy Vet
Man that’s too bad they are not sending them here. It seemed to good to be true, I guess until someone caught on what they were being shipped for. I’m glad a good handful of us got to get them. Should of came like this from the factory.
I'll check back now an then in hopes of them lowering the price to offset the shipping costs. If they have a ton of them laying around getting a hundred bucks a pair is better than nothing. If not guess I missed out.

RangerDangerStranger

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier SV in Tactical Green Metallic
Occupation
Cool Dude
???

They're taller than the factory single leaf as sold. And are no lingerie available at a reasonable price.
Reasonable price to drop the rear of the truck 2"? as compared to Freak ride at about 3500-4000 with install, Or a flip kit, where you need that plus 4" arched spring too?
Remove the bottom leaf, de-arch the spring, your done.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Milkman
Reasonable price to drop the rear of the truck 2"? as compared to Freak ride at about 3500-4000 with install, Or a flip kit, where you need that plus 4" arched spring too?
Remove the bottom leaf, de-arch the spring, your done.
For sure. @Fitzmotor definitely proved it's doable.

Problem now is access to the springs.

OP
OP
Fitzmotor

Fitzmotor

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I would de-arch them, but I would consider leaving the lower leaf and de-arcing it as well, that leaf may also be there to limit axle wrap up.
Experiment, leave it out and drive it, if no problems, great, but if it has shudder or any other weird issues, put back in the bottom leaf, it would be easy to slide it back in without having to pull the whole spring.

RangerDangerStranger

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Cool Dude
i have some springs coming hopefully. Doesn't seem like the lower springs do much. Considering the load rating, i don't see them engaging in any type of driving. Also, you haven't had any issues. Great cheap mod. I'm 6' with long arms, and it's a royal PITA to tie any thing down or go over the rear side of the truck. WTF was Ford thinking? Also, if you have FX Shocks, i highly recommend ditching them for some Bilstiens or other type. they are really just a terrible shock.

RangerDangerStranger

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Cool Dude
Go to Ebay.UK, search 2020 (or your year) Ford Ranger Leaf Spring. Get one for your variant- ie: extracab or quad.
The one shown here is an example. for a quad cab. Log into your Feabay account. and look for listings that name the shipping cost. Ones that's don't specify seem to not ship to the US, but ones that have a cost do. $40 shipping. mine are in transit.

Last edited:

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Mail Carrier (retired) Navy Vet
Go to Ebay.UK, search 2020 (or your year) Ford Ranger Leaf Spring. Get one for your variant- ie: extracab or quad.
The one shown here is an example. for a quad cab. Log into your Feabay account. and look for listings that name the shipping cost. Ones that's don't specify seem to not ship to the US, but ones that have a cost do. $40 shipping. mine are in transit.
I've seen one that says "contact seller for international shipping" but I didn't think it would matter. Thanks for the info.

Fritz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XL
Any idea how these compare to the OME springs? I wouldn't mind an inch or two lift, my truck seems to sit level with the toolbox and thick rubber mat in the back.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Milkman
Any idea how these compare to the OME springs? I wouldn't mind an inch or two lift, my truck seems to sit level with the toolbox and thick rubber mat in the back.
These are only about ⅝" taller than factory FX-4 Springs. They will not get you an inch or two of lift or anywhere close unless combined with shackles or blocks.

OP
OP
Fitzmotor

Fitzmotor

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
They are the production spring for a lot of non-US models, so it's a stock height spring everywhere else but here.
Sponsored