Global multi leaf rear spring, anybody know spring design?

Robik

First Name
Andriy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Network technician
If both of you receive extra spring, I'm willing to pay reasonable price and shipping to UT. Funny that today I was thinking of upgrading either leaf pack or at least getting DBS shackles to raise the rear a bit.
Sponsored

myothercarizahearse

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger STX 4x4 w/ GFC V2, 1987 Caddy hearse
Occupation
Unretired
I wonder why Ford didn't use the global spring when they brought the global Ranger to the US in 2019.
my guess is they didn't want the extra payload and maybe cut into F150 sales?

gryder

First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Fx4
Glad you guys received your springs!
Pinepig, are your fox shocks already installed, I was rereading the post and I believe you said your running the Ford/fox setup? I’m curious how it rides for you with fox shocks, considering I’m still running the fx4 shocks in the rear.

It’s been a couple weeks for me now, I’ll have to remeasure to see if the ride height changed in the rear.

Good news for Eibach rear reservoir shocks, looks like they finally updated their website with the coming soon banner for the Silverado, Sierra and tundra. Hopefully they add the Ranger to that list as well. I was thinking about the kings or fox but I think I’ll stick with the front and rear Eibach set.

Can’t wait to hear the feedback on the global springs. Hopefully you guys like them as much as I do!

Garrett

OP
OP
Fitzmotor

Fitzmotor

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor, 75 crewcab F350, 65 Mustang
Occupation
Retired from Honda Racing.
If both of you receive extra spring, I'm willing to pay reasonable price and shipping to UT. Funny that today I was thinking of upgrading either leaf pack or at least getting DBS shackles to raise the rear a bit.
The shipping in the US for such a heavy item would likely be more than getting them from the ebay seller, to spend less than $300 on the springs and less than $30 shipping from the UK is just amazing.

TonkaFX4

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
The shipping in the US for such a heavy item would likely be more than getting them from the ebay seller, to spend less than $300 on the springs and less than $30 shipping from the UK is just amazing.

Thanks guys for the info!!! I just ordered mine.Now between now when they arrive I need to figure out my why my front end is riding an inch low.

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Mail Carrier (retired) Navy Vet
sometimes you can get a discount through a corp account. I ship larger heavy items through my buddies company an get 15-30% off.

I don't have an FX4 but if the ride is improved over the xlt I'll be ordering these springs once I see a few feedbacks backing this up.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
Cool, I hope they work for you guys, I was a little unsure of putting out the info on them on a forum, but they are a great, basically new spring and such a deal.
I get it.

Trust me, if these don't work out for me the only person to blame is me.

They're a great price. And I'm sure the opportunity to acquire them so cheaply won't last.

My wife helped carry them in. When she asked why they took so long I told her they came from the UK. Her jaw dropped, "These heavy things came from overseas? How much to ship?"

She didn't believe me when I told her roughly $20.

Happy to get in on them.

I owe you a beer.
Especially as I read over and over about all the issues with the stock spring, bouncy, poor ride, vibrations on accell. I wonder why Ford didn't use the global spring when they brought the global Ranger to the US in 2019.
I think the undertaker above nailed it. They didn't want to siphon F-150 sales.

Pinepig

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Last count was 12
Occupation
lol
OK got a chance to run mine around the neighborhood a bit. Had to go fill up so I checked my ride height again before I left, sure enough I had gained 1/4" from my first measurement, when I got back from fueling up ( 15 gallons ) it was back to the original height.

They are softer and it's easily noticeable, no harsh hit in the rear on speed bumps without slowing down and no wee jolts hitting potholes. Feels the same as the front now ( truck is empty ). Just to clarify, I had the Ford Fox 2.0 on it prior and still do, XLT FX-4. Drove off a few curbs for good measure, smooth. It's a good combo. Looking forward to going out and hitting some of my favorite forest service roads once they open the damn forests back up.

Now if you were going to be towing on the top half of the weight capability or have heavy loads in the back YMMV, the research says it's the same load carrying capability but you might end up with a bit more squat that you may not want. I do neither so it's perfect for me, the top half of the suspension travel is much improved.

Thanks Mike ( Fitz ). Good call on giving these a try, I'm super happy with the performance to dollar ratio on this one.:like::rockon::like:

gryder

First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Fx4
Glad to hear they worked out for you Pinepig and thanks for the review! It seems whether you run the stock shocks or aftermarket, these global springs improve the ride quality even more, now I have an even comfier ride to look forward to once i get the rear shocks!

madtrixter

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT
My global springs are labeled "+" an "o". Similar to OME leaf springs. Are you guys putting the "+" on the driver side?
Thanks
20210910_064341.jpg

OP
OP
Fitzmotor

Fitzmotor

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I got 2 X springs the seller must pull them from a pile.

I did have one that was maybe hair taller than the other when laid on the floor with a straight edge on them, it went on the drivers side.

madtrixter

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT
I got 2 X springs the seller must pull them from a pile.

I did have one that was maybe hair taller than the other when laid on the floor with a straight edge on them, it went on the drivers side.
My "+" spring ended up being a hair taller. I put it on the driver side as well. That with the shim added 1 inch to that side and 1/2 inch on the passenger side. My truck now sits level left to right.

Thanks for finding these springs. They are exactly what I wanted with my Fox 2.0s and now I have a bit of rake back.

Cmar

First Name
Cam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger PX
I'm still running the stock bump stops. Maybe Cmar or onobeka can take pictures of their stock bump stops to see if they are any different.

You can go to my name and find threads by me. I posted up picks when i got the tires installed. I can take new picks with the springs installed also.

Also the springs might even show up sooner. Mine only took like a week form ordering them. I was shocked how fast they showed up.
Sorry it's taken so long to reply, as I said I was away in the territory for a few days and then busy at work.
So this is how the global springs look on the global platform. As you can see we have over slung springs, and unlike the US spec use a Banjo style rather than a Salisbury style rear axle. The bump stop is on the top of the spring plate rather than underside ofthe chassis rail. But as you can also see the springs look the same as the ones in the pictures above. Sorry some are a bit blurry, the cat kept trying to help me take them!

P9110018.JPG

P9110024.JPG

P9110015.JPG

P9110023.JPG

Last edited:
OP
OP
Fitzmotor

Fitzmotor

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Interesting setup, shorter bump stop, which makes sense as the global spring pack is so much thicker than the US spring, thanks for the pics, nothing like a post pic with a little pussy in it, Ha.

OP
OP
Fitzmotor

Fitzmotor

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Thanks Mike ( Fitz ). Good call on giving these a try, I'm super happy with the performance to dollar ratio on this one.:like::rockon:
Hey thanks, you just never know what you are going to get buying stuff you cant see or touch, I spent weeks looking for non US springs and I found the jackpot, they have 40+ pairs of new springs basically, then the shipping was the frosting on the cake, I cant ship a 20lb anything across the US for 30$ much less something close to 100lbs across the ocean.
So once I realized just how good a deal they were I had to put it up here, and it was kinda ignored for a while until Gryder jumped on, that started people noticing them.
Now if you were going to be towing on the top half of the weight capability or have heavy loads in the back YMMV, the research says it's the same load carrying capability but you might end up with a bit more squat that you may not want. I do neither so it's perfect for me, the top half of the suspension travel is much improved.
I dont think the loaded height will suffer, look at the design, in Cmar's pics, with 2 bottom thick leafs, the top one is even longer than the Tremor thick leaf, the thin leafs are fully supported almost to the ends, it cant squat much more, "Hey Cmar how much of a load do you have in your truck?" it looks like its using all 5 leafs.

I hope many people can benefit from the "gold mine" of springs that I found, the craziest part is I was looking for a spring to lower my truck, to level it and lower the tailgate for loading, that was a fail, but I knew if they were too high I would just have them de-arced 1.5", so I did, my truck sits at 37" all 4 corners now.
Sponsored