Global multi leaf rear spring, anybody know spring design?

Cmar

First Name
Cam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger PX
I'm still running the stock bump stops. Maybe Cmar or onobeka can take pictures of their stock bump stops to see if they are any different.

You can go to my name and find threads by me. I posted up picks when i got the tires installed. I can take new picks with the springs installed also.

Also the springs might even show up sooner. Mine only took like a week form ordering them. I was shocked how fast they showed up.
Sorry I've been away in the Northern Territory for a few days. Walked around Uluru and the Olgas, rode some camels, and visited the field of lights. Might have been a few drinks with friends too. I'll take a picture of the bump stops for you when I get a chance and post up.
Sponsored

Cmar

First Name
Cam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger PX
Hey Doug,

Here is the link for the U-bolts i bought and used.

https://www.roughcountry.com/u-bolt-kit-7609.html

I just noticed they sell a 7.75 inch length. I can't garentee that they will fit. Fitzmotor measured his Tremor U-bolts at 7 3/8 inch. He was able to use his u-bolts but i know he removed a leaf from the global set. I'm not sure if he tried installing the full 5 leafs with the stock u-bolts. If he did. then the 7.75 u-bolt should work.

https://www.roughcountry.com/u-bolt-kit-7604.html

As for the bushing kit. If you go into ebay and search SuperPro 2019 ford ranger. You will see a listing that reads New *SuperPro* Leaf Spring Bush Kit for Ford Australia Ranger PX ll-Rear. For some reason the part number does not show in the post. But if you google SuperPro plus the part number you will see it. Also its cheaper to buy from Austrailia then the UK.

Part number kit168K-1. SuperPro Also sells a kit that comes with grease-able shackles. It is a little more expensive.

Just for reference, the stock u-bolts measure in at 6 3/4 inch.

53AFD9CC-84EA-43B3-922F-8AF3EFC74B86.jpeg

9803A884-56C3-4695-95E2-20FCD2C4E6C4.jpeg
Super pro bushes are excellent. I used them on my old Bronco which saw some of the worst tracks in Australia and they worked superbly.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
D fresh, well I want to have a remote reservoir rear shock and eibach is currently in the process of making one. They teased a video early February this year talking about coming out with a new rear shock for our truck. ETA was summer but now I’m just getting antsy.

The reason why I mentioned the fox or king shocks was because I want to get a custom valve from Accutune Off-road, they’re based out of southern Cali where I’m from and I guess those are the shocks they mainly deal with. I was thinking a 2.0 fox remote resi or the king 2.5 remote. I was going to give them a call and see what would be best for the driving I’ll be doing. I like going to the desert and going through the mountain trails. If eibach ever releases the new remote resi shocks I’ll consider those.
Totally makes sense.

Pinepig

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Last count was 12
Occupation
lol
Got a chance to put them in this morning before it got too hot, it's already cracking on 100 at 1 pm.

Observations. They do not change the height of your truck, I measured before and after and it's exactly the same height now that it was before.

The 7 3/4" U-bolt package is just about perfect, my truck has a 3/8' spacer on the drivers side under the spring pack and I have about 1/2" of thread hanging past the nut, passenger side has almost 3/4" with no spacer. A tiny bit less would be ideal but you have to have about 1/4" hanging out for safety.

When you install them put the spring pack on the axle first, get it lined up put the U bolts on and snug them down evenly and THEN put the spring back in the front pivot, then the rear shackle. Archimedes is your buddy here. Try and fight the axle back into place after putting the spring in the truck will scare your neighbors.

They appear to be quite a bit " softer " than the single spring. I need to go run around a bit, double check everything is tight and then go drive off a few curbs and hit a few speed bumps.

I'll post up any thoughts on how they ride after I get a couple of miles on them.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Milkman
Ordered some this morning $313.50 shipped.

Says I'll see them by the 15th.
Got them in today. Exactly 2 weeks.

Install will go down next weekend I think.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Milkman
Observations. They do not change the height of your truck, I measured before and after and it's exactly the same height now that it was before.
Is your truck a Tremor or FX-4?

Phessor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger 4x4 XLT Crew Cab
Vehicle Showcase
Look what showed up today!
24830.jpeg
20210908_164419.jpg
20210908_164910.jpg

The u-bolts showed up last week. I have to wait to install them, the Ranger went to Colorado.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Milkman
Look what showed up today!
24830.jpeg
20210908_164419.jpg
20210908_164910.jpg

The u-bolts showed up last week. I have to wait to install them, the Ranger went to Colorado.
Jealous.

You got the pallet as well. My springs were loose, but wrapped, on the porch.

Phessor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger 4x4 XLT Crew Cab
Vehicle Showcase
Jealous.

I was pleasantly surprised that they showed up just under three weeks.

Pinepig

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Last count was 12
Occupation
lol
Odd, as other FX-4 drivers report an approximate half inch lift.

And @Fitzmotor reported same height on a Tremor.

I'll make sure to take good measurements.
I'll double check, was 39 3/4 on the before, still haven't run it around at all. It's too damn hot here to want to spend anytime outside at all.

Pinepig

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Last count was 12
Occupation
lol
Jealous.

That's how mine showed up, a week apart from each other one was delivered Fed Ex and the other one was by USPS. E-bay still says I have a 3rd coming.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Milkman
That's how mine showed up, a week apart from each other one was delivered Fed Ex and the other one was by USPS. E-bay still says I have a 3rd coming.
Ebay showed 3 on mine too. If we both get a third, doubtful, we'll have a set for somebody. Sadly shipping wouldn't be $20 though.

OP
OP
Fitzmotor

Fitzmotor

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor, 75 crewcab F350, 65 Mustang
Occupation
Retired from Honda Racing.
Cool, I hope they work for you guys, I was a little unsure of putting out the info on them on a forum, but they are a great, basically new spring and such a deal.
Especially as I read over and over about all the issues with the stock spring, bouncy, poor ride, vibrations on accell. I wonder why Ford didn't use the global spring when they brought the global Ranger to the US in 2019.
Sponsored